“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






He's a "Looter"!


Click button to join






And now...a word from my sponsor: KIDDING!

No, this isn't a commercial break on your viewing blogs today. Even tho it seems that it is. It's just the fact that there is a car dealership here in town that is owned by the TAGGART family. Which I think is a bit ironic since it's a character in one of my favorite classic novels. The novel, Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. And again, it's a bit ironic that the character, James Taggart, who by the way is one sore loser...an antagonist beyond the realm of comprehension for some readers. Even with modern times, this character, along with most of them, can be so close to today's times; it's eerie. Tho the book was published in the early 1950's, the whole story could literally be taking place in 2010. Taggart is what they refer to as one of the "Looters" in the novel. One who takes advantage of the small person and takes money and all they can get from society without any remorse or compassion. Now, the third thing that makes this dealership ironic is that Taggart has become, to me, a synonym for "Looter". And, what else in this country is more "Looter" than car salesmen and/or dealership? LOLOLOL Besides, I took these photos for a specific reason. Erik. He got me to read the book in the first place and we continually refer to our government these days as well.......you guessed it, as the ultimate LOOTERS. [he is a professor in Houston who teaches Government of all subjects!] Besides, there is a lot of ruby red in the photos...and when you purchase a car, most of us buy it on credit which makes our budget 'in the red'.
- - -

From Wikipedia: The character in a 'nut shell'...JAMES TAGGART

.....contradiction leads to the recurring absurdity of his life: the desire to destroy those on whom his life depends, and the horror that he will succeed at this.

- - -<><><>- - -



PS...as of 4 a.m. this morning, the tropical depression #4 for the season has turned into a named storm...a tropical storm. Looks, for the time being, it's going to head into the North Atlantic and make a path to the NYC area?!!! Of course there is always the possibility it turning more northward or curve off more to the west....only time will tell. Be on the alert, I always have an active link to hurricane activity on my sidebar....



POSTED: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010
12:40 A.M.

38 comments :

  1. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVA my dear sweet friend. Looters, Loosers what ever you want to call our government it works for me. And so correct about making our budgets see red. Excellent. Loved the photos. Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading how from Nebraska you ended up near the Gulf of Mexico. I do hope that the Looter BP will soon clean up their act.

    Did you and my husband go to the same school? LOL. He is also preaching the same looting story, that the Govt is the biggest Looter, and even when they no longer are the Government (President Clinton) he is still Looting, other wise, where does he get the money to pay the 3.4 million dollars for Chelsea's wedding. By the way, did you attend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann I'm literally giggling here!! What a riot your comment is. Gotta love it...love it all. Attend? Nah...I don't think so. And be with all those looters....not on your life. But you honestly made me enjoy my morning ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whole Taggert/Looter thing is pretty funny! Lots of coincidences there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! I love stories that accompany the meme photos. I like to hear people tellignabout their lives, their thoughts. So, you have more than one connection here to the Rubiness of it all. We're in the red all right, deep in the red!
    I ride motorcycles, and although I don't own and ride a Suzuki, when I saw the first picture, I immediatley thought motorcycles. That got me excited. But then I saw the nexy shot and relaized it was a car dealership, and looters they are! (so are the motorcycle dealers).
    Thanks for the storm info. I'll check your blog's side bar.

    Goos stuff!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for visiting my blog...following you soon :)

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting about 'Atlas Shrugged'. I have heard of it but not read it. I dont feel the same way about government that you seem to feel. I find politics and governance an interesting topic. We are in the midst of an election for our federal government right now. We are 2.5 weeks out and I have not been convinced by any of the parties on offer though. And voting is compulsory ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie Oh, trust me, I find politics and government a great subject also. And you state you're not sure of those running for your government's election...that's very close to my sentiment also. I usually vote for ONE because I don't like the other more so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read "Atlas Shrugged." for the reasons you mentioned. Sounds like the problems we have in our country today. Thanks for the reminder.

    I love the cute cave woman on the sidebar here. I should join the group!

    Thanks for stopping by today Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there is also a Taggart who is a detective? Interesting take, based on associatons. Just right for RT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interresting take, based on associations. I seem to remember there is/was a detective named Taggart. One of PBS's mystery series. All just right for RT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting contrasts. . .and reds. My favorite Ayn Rand is 'We The Living.'
    p.s. Love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that storm doesn't hit!

    Love the red!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    PS Thanks for stopping by my site. Always enjoy visiting yours - a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by!
    Ha, a tropical storm? I guess I should watch the weather. Having lived in FL for six hurricane seasons I came to dread those red cones on the weather maps..

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful post and a great read. I must read that book at some point. I actually never been to a Taggart Store

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shot. I like the lines in the photo. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Honey you have changed your look again. I love it but if I remember right I loved the ole look too...but we know about my memory problem now don't we.lol
    I tried coming by here yesterday but never could get your site to open so when you left me a message bingo it got me here. weird....could be it was just me.
    What a post my dear...you are too funny and what are the chances that your reading this and find his name on the dealership.WOW
    This book sounds so familar I wonder if I have read it..there goes the memory problem again.
    I think your friend from the University is right LOOTERS in our government big time and Pray for our Nation is a must
    I have to get over here more often..I love my visits
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whatever Colin does, maybe we'll get some rain.

    I've never read that book...perhaps I'll check it out.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I forgot...lol
    Thanks for keeping the hurricane chart on your sidebar for us...I would much rather watch your site than the news..
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. lots of red in advertising and I always love it I hope the storm is not too bad

    ReplyDelete
  22. And I thought you wanted to present us a new Suzuki car, lol ! Again tropical storms ? I don't know what happens this year, in Russia there is too much heat in Pakistan too much rain, we had a very strong storm through Belgium and a part in the Ardennes was completely destroyed now the Army helps to clear it up. In my area was nothing fortunately but a very strong wind of course.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how funny...It just amazes me how a book can put a vision in one head and throughout life we think of it each time something triggers our mind. I have a few thing like that in my mind.
    Oh, I hope the storm will pass you by. We are heading in that direction sometime this month, No Storms please. Just thought I would request it now,LOL.
    My Ruby Link for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a bookworm but haven't read that book yet-- I read such mixed reviews of it. Nice tie in-- I'm always thinking of funny connections that make me laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope it doesn't travel to the NYC area... I live across the border from NY in Ontario and would probably get hit too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great find for Ruby. :)

    Thanks for stopping by for RT.

    Moms... Check Nyo
    Yummy-as-can-be

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! There is also a tropical storm heading our way. I pray that both storms won't come.

    Happy RT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni, just love you entire blog design!!! :) Thanks for posting for Ruby Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lit references on Ruby Tuesday, and a weather update?

    (cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice design Anni :) not the usual RT that we see :) great one but I hope that storm wont hit your place.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can like a woman with strong opinions, even if I am not at all qualified to have a meaning about the contents.
    The world needs caring, reflecting and some times acting people.
    Therefor I do like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I read Atlas Shrugged in high school. I don't think I'll read it again! :-)

    Xiutla Dancers

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the lanterns - and I'd line up for that burger any day.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post, Anni. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Car salesmen and also most of the finacial sectors salespersons have been Looters...

    have a "looten"free weekend

    ReplyDelete
  37. Isn't tag art the fancy word for graffiti these days?

    ReplyDelete

.