“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






All's right- - - -with blue skies...


CLICK HERE to join!!



ANNOUNCING A NEW MEME

IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time. In the meantime, my Thursday ThemeSong is found below...



Today's theme song for me is: Irving Berlin's Blue Skies Lyrics



Blue skies smiling at me





Nothing but blue skies do I see




Never saw the sun shining so bright....
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurryin' by
...When you're in love, my how "they" fly



IF YOU PARTICIPATE...DON'T FORGET TO USE THE LINKED BUTTON AT THE TOP OF MY POST AND ADD YOUR ENTRY TO MR. LINKY ON THE thursday theme song HOMEPAGE!!


19 comments :

  1. Good idea - I will have to think on it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this looks exciting. I'm gonna have to look at this tonight after work. I like what you did with this. Excitement in the air. :). Well done. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love that song and now it's running through my head. I don't know if I can be as creative as you though, and I already have a meme I do on Thursday. Maybe I'll surprise myself though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Should be a fun and interesting meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara
    Moore Whimsies

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good challenge - I'll have to see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an interesting one, will try to join next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni,

    Here's mine. I am not into music so I won't be participating every week.

    http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2010/08/thursday-theme-song-will-you-still-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't around last evening, had to buy more paint for the painter. I'm trying to come up with a post for this week, but if I can't I'll be sure to join next week. It will be fun. Your post is perfect for this week. All we've had are blue skies. I'm ready for some of that rain I got sick of in the spring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann your entry was super!!!! I loved it. Thanks for participating today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a cool meme. Though it may be too time consuming for me at the moment. I really do like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man oh man! Irving Berlin! I love his music. If I didn't have so much homework - I'd love to participate. Is it only the title - or do you have to have pictures for the whole song? gosh I miss you - almost makes me "wystful" and don't forget - it's soon Halloween!!! LOL
    Hugs
    Your old friend from over there
    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni,
    A bit rush this week, weil will try to join next week, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blue skies are pretty and this looks like fun. I'm off to check out the meme page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni ~~ This might be good reading all around. Yours is for sure!
    I also like your new yellow background for the template. It is yellow, is it not? :)
    ..
    I have a meme about early school days on now a little early for Friday.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. How creative! And I love those blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new meme, but so far nothing has come to mind - of course said mind has been crowded with other things lately, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice capture of the bird with the sun behind it. new follower from WW, jazevox

    ReplyDelete

.