“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Where liberty dwells...this is my home, my country---


CLICK BUTTON to join

SHOW N TELL



IT'S PATRIOT TIME IN OUR HOME!!! I haven't anything new in the house this year except for the tiny resin teddy bear waving the flag! [the 4th, 5th, and 6th photo] I put him in the star shaped glass bowl that I had filled with red metallic shreddings and placed him on the dining room table for the centerpiece. The top row is my Betsy Ross figurine that I put on the living room coffee table this year. With her is a blue star bowl, along side her are the two red star bowls and red pillar candles. Surrounded by the metalic streamers of red white and blue stars. On the dining room hutch [the last 6 photos] is a small boy and girl all patriotic....lighted flag string, a red pillar candle and my red white and blue glass decanters----











- - -<><><>- - -

Blogger and Page Elements.

Once again, Blogger changed things around. I noticed this when I went into one of my Page Element Gadgets on the sidebar. I added to one of my 'favorites' lists near the bottom of my sidebar. Then, when I went to save it all. I kept getting a message that it wouldn't be saved unless I added a TITLE to the gadget! Well, seriously, this was NOT what I wanted, but I was determined to figure it out and work around it. Under my breath, I said a few choice words when nothing I did worked. I even went into my editing of xhtml and opened the entire coding with the expand option. Searched for the elements I wanted not to title, and deleted the 'title' value section. That worked fine when I saved the template. BUT!!!----when I went to view my blog's sidebar the ♥ I had to in order to save the gadget in the page element javascript showed up still!!! What to do what to do? There is a method to my madness. I didn't WANT a title on the scripting because they were consisting of drop down menus...with the form title in the script already. Follow me so far? Anyway, after working on other ways of getting around this without any help from Blogger's staff...I got it the way I wanted. It's a very simple fix also!!

Go into your editing...click on page elements...where you see the 'title' line......add this:






Ta da....
PROBLEM SOLVED!!







POSTED: Friday, July 2nd, 2010
12:15 A.M.

8 comments :

  1. Oh Anni, you're so talented with the decorations. Always festive during the holidays... I like, I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your cute goodies sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos my friend. Your house is always so festive for all the holidays. Have a great Friday and a very happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your decorations! And - I think you are brilliant! I've heard others complain about this new title thing and you figured it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are awesome! I was just making a small change and blogger wouldn't let me leave until I put in a title. I just put a period but I'm going to try what you did.

    Your home looks very cherry and festive. Have a sparkling Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't a clue what language you're speaking! But so glad you got it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to do that also but I had to go to help.
    I am not a real whiz when it comes to doing things like you do on my blog.
    thanks for sharing that with us tho.
    Have a great 4th

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything patriotic...I am listening to Reba sing America the Beautiful right now...makes me so proud...

    Have a HAPPY Fourth. Celebrate America!
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
    check out the Giveaway at A Baby Changes Everything

    ReplyDelete

.