my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...monkey see, monkey do!!


CLICK BUTTON to join

Hobby Lobby, more so than Michael's, has been recently stocking Autumn and Halloween goodies for us crafters!! Where I went to buy more craft acrylics and some pumpkins and a floral pick. Yippee....Remember a few posts in the past, with a little 'teaser' about me being a copycat and a new Halloween project I had viewed from another blogger who likes the celebration as much as I do? Well, with two broken jigsaw blades, Bud started cutting it for me! Oh, the ruined saw blades, it's all my fault of course 'cause it was my idea - hehehehe I began by drawing the letters needed for the decoration, with plans in my mind how I'm going to paint them and give them the finishing touches; then Bud took over. Mine aren't the EXACT copy of hers at all...mine are painted differently!! It's just the 'idea' I 'imitated'. The wood I decided to draw the letters on was extremely hard wood!! Hence the broken saw blades that instigated a trip to Home Depot. But, it was a good rainy day project.





- - -

So, the past few days, during the numerous tropical rains off and each day...I got to painting 'em. I completed them all. All 12 of the letters Bud cut out for me. They will eventually be placed on the fireplace mantel in just a little over 2 months. Golly, October is only a short 2 months away -give or take a week or two? Wow. Fun time of year for me...regarding Halloween that is. Here they are - not in order tho. Finished!! And ready. The letters, if you can't figure it out, will spell TRICK OR TREAT...


...and, if you can't decipher what they are, I have placed mouseover captions:












POSTED: on thursday afternoon for:
Friday, July 30th, 2010

30 comments :

  1. Ha ha....Those are super cute! Those must've taken a LOT more time than mine! I like the Pumpkin man...I think he's my fave! Thanks for letting me know about these! You did a great job! I Mod Podged all of mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is so neat. I did have to mouse over on a couple of them.
    I can't wait to see them put on the mantle in Oct.
    you are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute project, Anni. Glad to see you are getting in the Halloween spirit already. You will be well prepared for the big day.

    If you have time, please drop over to my Writing Nook. A new look and a couple of new posts.

    Hope all is well with you and Bud. I miss our emails.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of work - for both of you! I'm looking forward to October for a different reason - we'll be going to Maine at just the right autumn time to see Kev and enjoy the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, they are all lovely!! great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, you got serious talent!! Boo to You!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are fabulous. I am always amazed by people that have such crafty talent! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, I love your Halloween letters! I love Halloween and I give my grandchildren a Halloween party in Mexico every year. I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for decorating and themes. You have certainly gotten me in the mood!
    Thanks for your visit today and your very sweet comments. Jean was a beauty and a character. I love to write about her because there are tons of stories. She pops up on my blog fairly often.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute!
    I, too, have plans for something for Halloween...BLACK and WHITE, of COURSE!! HAHA...Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I never have gone along with it being an evil day. Just a fun day for me, my kids and grands.

    I can't wait to see all these lined up on your mantel.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a lot of fun with these! Very cute! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are fabulous - hey, is anyone else having trouble with your blog? It is not loading right for me. Did you make any changes?

    And I agree - Al Gore is global warming.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cute Anni....Fall, Halloween my absolute favorite time of year. Thanks for sharing your crafts with us. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have been busy! Those look amazing!!! Kind of hard to believe but before we know it Halloween will be upon us:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so cool! Great job! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE!! I'm a follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i loooove this! fall is my favorite time of year, and halloween is my favorite holiday. and i wrote a recent post about my hobby lobby envy, too! wish we had one here!

    glad you stopped by the cape on the corner, and thanks so much for your comment on my kitty's new vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To make all that must have been so much of hard work... But they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. This will look really cute on your mantle for the holiday. LOTS of work..but fun, right?
    Good job!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh...so much work! Well worth it, though, because they are adorable.
    xoxo Nancy
    PS - I'm lovin' our rainy Texas July!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just knew that we have Hobby lobby here though it's not quite close in my area. I wanted to visit that place I am wanting to make a ring and I don't have a base for my buttons or beads ^_^
    I didn't know you are very gifted and talented ^_^ your project is awesome and beautiful!! Love it!! Happy weekend!

    SWF~Fiery

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love birdbaths! thanks for visiting my watery wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun! I cant wait to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looove your beautiful 'Spookyful' painted letters, you do such a fabulous job! How fun they're going to be come October!!! I can hardly wait to see your mantle! Thanks for visiting my blog, Big hugs Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice rainy day project! Sorry about the saw blades. Time is passing way to fast - can't believe it is the end of July already.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute. I can't wait to start decorating for fall. Thanks for the kind words about my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty! Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog.I think I have found a new friend.
    Smiles,
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply amazing, Anni! Very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How did I miss this? I even thought it was funny I didn't see a post from you! So - thanks for telling me.
    Anyway - this is so cute! You did a great job on these letters!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh so cute. love Halloween. Sorry that your blades broke, but you still went forward with your project. Can't wait to see if any other Halloween projects are in the works.

    ReplyDelete

.