my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




you never stop learning!!


Click button to Join


Sunday Stealing: The Dark Side Meme

1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course) All glass walls facing the Pacific Ocean!!

2. What is your dream car? A simple one actually...Audi Spyder for me driving it --leather gloves and all. But! If I were to really dream of a car, it'd be a chauffeured car with maybe the 'Transporter' behind the wheel for a hired driver.

3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog? I really only use two others besides visiting blogs...email and google.

4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want? Neither, I hate phones. I'd prefer NO phones at all.

5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up? To lie...I'd say fantasize of my term in the white house...to be honest, I EAT!!

6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate. Baseball. Watermelon. Bubble baths. [baseball, everyone else I know thinks it's a boring sport, watermelon, I'm the only one in the family that likes it, and bubble baths everyone thinks it's sitting in your own body filth...I always have to ask them then, just how long has it been since you've had a shower?]

7. What do you want to be when you grow up? But....but... really, I don't wanna grow up.

8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance? NEVER...they are the most mundane idiotic programs ever to come across national tv.

9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.) I had many favorites...Mr. Webb [jr high], Mr. Smith [jr high], Mr. Anderson[high school], Mrs. Sanders [most favorite!], Mr. Willis [jr. high]...and they all taught what I like best...Biology, Physics Science, Art, English Lit, and English --in that order]

10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do? Steal a piece of history...Dunno what, but it'd be a pass I couldn't pass up....maybe the Mona Lisa?

11. What were you doing 10 years ago? Ask me what I did a week ago...I dunno, I really don't care! Live for the day and don't dwell on yesterdays.

12. By this time next year, I ... hope to be alive and well.

13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? It depends on whether she's good for the country, and not just answering the phone at 3 a.m. or hosting tea parties!! A woman president in my lifetime? Well now, the question would be...what happens if I slip and fall only to hit my head and die tomorrow? What determines a lifetime is something that would remain to be seen.

14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? The word shag again? Gimme a break. I'm happy with the man I have and have NO thoughts of doing anything with any other...

15. What is your greatest pet peeve? HA! The previous question would be one.

16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? To Houston...you know...Goin' back to Houston, Houston, HOUSTON.

17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Online, thesaurus,...playing scrabble, the dictionary.

18. Do you have a nickname? What is it? Yep...nicknamed by my father...Goomba. Meaning: little friend

19. What are you dreading at the moment? Summer hasn't begun yet...and the heat index has been in the 100+ bracket already...so, I'm dreading a long hot summer.

20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Who cares?!! All they have to do is leave.

21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship. I can't.

22. What were you doing this morning at 8am? Getting ready to go on our Sunday walk and then brunch, tho I'm typing this up early...I know our routine.

23. Do you have any famous relatives? Not that I know of. Let me rephrase that, none that I've met....with genealogy I've come upon royalty in Ireland AND an outlaw in the Dakotas. The outlaw sounds more on the level of interesting...don't you think?

24. How many different beverages have you drank today? Too many. {{{burp}}}

25. What is something you are excited about? My son is taking a long trip to Washington D.C. to further his doctorate degree and teaching this fall.

26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? Never...I write better than I speak. Hence, my blogging.

27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Wake up....I only look once, scream and then run away!!!

28. What were you doing at midnight last night? Snoring most likely. Or dreaming.

29. What’s a word that you say a lot? Crap.

30. Who is your worst enemy? My little piggie that went wee wee wee all the way home.



- - -<><><>- - -




Okay....you ask: "How hot is it there in Texas Anni?"....well, let me tellya..."It's hotter than a snake's belly in a wagon rut on a desert summer day"!! That's how hot it's been. Because of the extreme temps and the heat index being even higher, Bud and I stayed indoors with the air conditioner yesterday. Of course, we didn't really want to go far away from home in the first place. The Astros are playing the New York Yankees [THE favorite American League team of mine!!] We kept close to the TV 'til noon when the 2nd of the 3 game series was played. Needless to say, Bud was reading...I was dubbing on the computer to pass the time 'til the first pitch of the game. Once I got too bored with that, I opened the closet where all the games are stored, and pulled out one of three trivia pursuit games ---The All American Trivial Pursuit! Of course, there is always one category that I'm really not very well versed in. On all the boards. But with the American version, the category history isn't that difficult. Unlike the World History on the 'original designed board game'. But, y'all are wondering where I'm going with this, I'm sure. Bud landed on yellow...which is History. His question: "Which state is misspelled on the Liberty Bell?" Easy enough. Logic tells us both that it's Pennsylvania. Well, I couldn't believe it. I kept the card out of the box so I would remember to do another favorite thing...search on Google. And, I'll be darned. IT IS misspelled. In fact on the maps of that era Pennsylvania is also spelled with one 'n'. I learned something yesterday. Trivial I know, but you just can't stop learning!!!

THE LIBERTY BELL HISTORY [explains the misspelling]




POSTED: Sunday, June 13th, 2010
12:05 A.M.


14 comments :

  1. Sweetie, I love watermelon, and bubblebaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree on #8,
    smart answers on #9-10...
    lovely Sunday Stealing Meme post.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap Hootin' Anni!
    Where's the Queen of Alaska stuff??
    Come on- ya know she's running in 2012.


    Have a great Sunday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/what-do-you-want-to-be-when-you-grow-up-harry-potter/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning, Anni! Enjoyed reading your answers, as always. We seem to think a lot alike about a lot of things.

    What "outlaw"? Do tell!

    I like the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer about Houston, Houston, Houston now has Dean Martin's voice running through my mind. (Remember his old 1960s hit?)

    Baseball is only boring to people who don't understand the intricacies. We feel sorry for such people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anni, I do hope we never grow up!! hehe I finally have some free time to spend on the computer and visit blogs. It's been non stop around here and I'm telling you, withdrawal was starting to set in! lol

    When my friend Carol and I went to Pennsylvania and New Jersey, we went to see the Liberty Bell and I can't believe that I never noticed that Pennsylvania was not spelled the way it is today! What I really remember are the guards at the door to the little building that houses the bell and having to go through a metal detector. I couldn't get over all that security just to go see a bell in a small room! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am surprised you hate phones =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to your son! That's great. I'm sure that you are very proud of him...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate phones, too and crap is one of my favorite words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, never knew that about the Liberty Bell. Anni, I really enjoyed your meme...think you and I have a lot in common! More than Texas, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No one stops learning that for sure. Now if any of your readers wants to know the weather in Idaho "Let them clouds dumping buckets of water upon the green grass" but now it starting to have some heat.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I hate phones too. Mainly because I'm hard of hearing. It's really pointless trying to have a phone conversation when you can't actually hear what the other person is saying.

    I can imagine your dream house would be beautiful! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hoping its not as hot where we are going! come visit the new blog to see....I beleive You may know how hot it can be???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trivial Pursuit has to be my most favourite board game...or is it Scrabble? I think both are favourites.

    That question about shagging is a bit personal, isn't it? Still, I guess one doesn't have to answer it. I don't have the patience to do memes. But I like reading othere people's answers.

    Have a great week and keep cool.

    ReplyDelete

.