my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Have you ever wondered?-------


Click either button to Join


THURSDAY 13


1] ---Why shirts/blouses button on opposite sides? Instead of both styles, men's and women's tops button either both on right or both on left? SOME FACTS ON BUTTON STYLES vs. men and women [interesting!!] Personally, I like the long tails on men's shirts and would love to wear them often...but the buttons are on the wrong side!! LOL

2] ---How the guy who cleans snow from the roads with the snowplowing equipment gets to work?

3] ---Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dish washing liquid contains real lemons?

4] ---If it's tourist season, why can't we acquire a license to shoot 'em? [kidding!]

5] ---When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts," and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?





6] ---Whatever happened to Preparations A through G? [and I wonder if those experiments were used on animal testing? LOL]





7] ---Why do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions?

8] ---Why do we say something is out of whack? What's in whack anyway?

9] ---Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

10] ---Why does the sun darken our skin but lighten our hair?

11] ---If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead."?

12] ---Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

13] ---If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress? [I say, yes indeedy!!]



- - -<><><>- - -


THURSDAY THUNKS


The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Atlantic Ocean and the number 3.

1. It became officially summer on Monday. What's your favorite part of winter? Where I'm living now, it's the best time of year!! Winter that is. It's not too cold, not hot, and the beaches are void of people most of the time!! Not to mention the big fat guy in a furry red suit and those eight little creatures he has trained so well.

2. What was your worst summer vacation ever? When I went back to a family reunion a few years back..I left Nebraska at the age of 6 and I didn't know anyone. Well, most of them anyway. Some 1st cousins yes, but holy crap?------2nd and 3rd cousins? Oh my. Besides the reunion was held right on a river bank...hot, sticky, snakes in the grass, mosquitoes galore and the food was either lukewarm when it was supposed to be served cold, and the food that should have been hot was NOT sizzling hot like it should have been. I was thinking all the time driving on the interstate to the hotel, I'd end up with salmonella.

3. Kimber's husband just got the dream job that he's hoped for. So a big shout out to her and Anthony! Tell us about the best job that you ever had. I really didn't have a 'favorite'...I put in my eight hours five days a week, had my annual 4 week vacation, and that's about it. It was a job. After a while each and every job gets to be mundane and routine.

4. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? Well, my furbabies are calling me all kinds of names about now. I just shooed Winston off the hard drive and Tahoe was teasing him while she was on the desk...swatting them and telling them to go away, really p!ssed them off y'know. I know they're in the dining room right now plotting revenge on me in the dark sometime soon.

5. An alien appears and offers you the opportunity to repeat one year of your life. You will still know everything that you know now. He explains that no matter what you do differently, when you are returned to the present nothing will have changed. What year would you pick and why? I have to pick ONE year out of over 60? That's too difficult. I've had way too many good years in my life, I'd want to say all...but I know that would be against the rudiments. The why to not being able to answer my choice would be because I don't believe in aliens...the green dudes from area 51.

6. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why. Hair, skin and dandruff. Explain why? Ummmmmm, ever hear of evolution?

7. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? About a week ago...it was a complaint letter sent with a check!! Don't ask!! I actually got a voice mail from the recipient too, with an apology. That you don't hear of in this day and age....it put me in a state of shock.


8. If you could have everyone in the blogosphere read just one of your posts, which post would you pick and why? To save face here and make it easy on myself, I'd probably choose yesterday's...the turtles are too precious to ignore.

9. I recently read that the music industry continues to decline at an alarming rate. In the last year it said the sales of Michael Jackson's and The Beatles' music are the only artists who sales continue to climb. The article stated that the two are holding up the industry. Have you bought a CD or mp3 of either artist recently? Nope, don't like either one. That was the easiest question so far. How many does this make now, 9 questions? How much further...are we there yet?


10. What radio ad right now do you find so annoying that you'd rather have a tooth drilled than hear it again? Don't listen to the radio either. TV, now that would be different....the false promises of politicians are my least favorite.

11. Berleen walks into a bar on a hot Minnesota day. At the bar sits a priest, a rabbi and a minister. A ten foot duck walks into the bar right after Berleen. What drink do you think Berleen orders? With a DUCK in her midst it must be an EGG nog with brandy!!

12. There is a knock on your door. It can be anyone in the world. Who would you want it to be? John Beresford Tipton. Guess who that is? If ya don't know, look him up!!! I dare you...I double dare you.


13. What would be the worst entertainment or sporting that you could be forced to watch? I really don't consider this a sport of any kind...but it's aired on ESPN. World Poker Tour...what IS it with the dark shades/sunglasses on their faces? They all look like rejects from the mob! Boring...but I love to play poker!! Oh, and not to forget NASCAR...boring! Here's a puzzler for you ---I don't like Danish Cheese but I LOVE cheese danish. I know that isn't even close to answering the question but y'got me going!! You know how it is.








POSTED: Thursday, June 24th 2010
12:15 A.M.

17 comments :

  1. ROFLMAO!!! AN Eggnog with Brandy. Clever my dear sweet friend. And yes I had to use my google. I'd like it to be him as well :) Number 10 how true and dandruff? pffft LOL Love you 13 as well. :) Every single one of them makes you really think who comes up with this. Whack!!! LOL xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap...love the them by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Preparations A through G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know why the female buttons are on one side and the male's on the other. I don't care, if I like a shirt I don't mind where the buttons are, lol !
    When the summer started, we had 57 ° ! I preferred global warming then climate change !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to be in this place, thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good ones, love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie! LOVED #5 and 6 in your Thursday 13! FUNNY!!.. As for men's shirts, I typically prefer something a little more feminine and stylish; but some days I just feel like slumming it. Over a tank top/cami, I love an unbuttoned men's shirt in place of a sweater every now and then; and if I feel like making it a little more girlish, I tie it in the front! Sometimes I wonder, if people see my closet, if they're wondering who's shirts I have hanging in there?! (0; Ha! Ha!.. LET 'em wonder!!! ~tina (Oh!.. And about the stamps? I don't collect stamps in general, as a hobby, but I love the ones with movie stars! My favorite stamps I've ever bought are the full page of stamps with Hattie McDaniel!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only reason I know who john beresford tipton is, is because we share the same last name.. i kinda feel like i won on jeopardy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this so much. I have often wondered about the snowplow man also.
    You sure did put a smile on my face today.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. Why does the sun darken skin, but lighten hair? Good one. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never could resist a dare...I looked him up. I wouldn't mind him showing up at my door either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not need to look up Mr. Tipon. great choice! Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yesterday's post was a good one and yes, CC is the place to be in January.


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/who-is-probably-talking-a-load-of-crap-about-you-right-now/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cute post...I love all this.

    I came by to see your project for the sorority...glad to be sister friends with ya! :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember my mom I believe telling me that woman blouse and man shirt buttons was on the opposite sides well I check. No there not on opposite sides but maybe some are but the ones I looked at isn't.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete

.