my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



she's holding out on you!!


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join

SHOW N TELL

Today, a very simple less worded Show n Tell for me! This is a leopard cat. All glass and hand blown....




If you'd like to skip my Friday Flash Fiction below you can leave a word or two for me by leaving a:

COMMENT HERE



- - -<><><>- - -




FLASH FICTION 55




Sweetly coated; shiny morsel---
Within, she's filled with a prize;
Inside her box, deep inside.
Crank her left, revolve the shaft right--
She clicks... with a climactic moan!!
Go ahead, open her wide.
Too soon it's over, she's empty; cold as steel!!
Nothing. The promise gone!!

That's what you get....
when you Crack Her, Jack®!!















POSTED: Friday, June 11th 2010
4:00 A.M.

27 comments :

  1. That was a fun wordplay. Enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's very descriptive 55.
    lovely and fun to read.
    mine is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cat - and i got the booby prize... again!
    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. nice 55. empty promises are often served cold...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitty is so pretty. I love the way your humanized the safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Annie, that is a very clever write, and a fun 55 read. Thanks for visiting, I appreciate that. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. That old safe is wonderful. I just love the look of it. That cat is awesome as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great 55!

    I have a safe just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think too many are getting the gist of the 55 this time...it's not about safes. It's a play on the words Cracker Jack. And if I have to tell about it, it makes it not worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have never seen anything like that girl!
    Sure beats my plain ol' black cat after the bird. =)

    thanks for coming by

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Jack went and cracked 'er, he did! Excellent 55... the wordplay puts the prize back in the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh missus...Hammer Horror for me today. My 55

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great 55. Was like a combo of Theme Thursday's Candy theme and a 55. Awesome. My 55 is HERE .

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was to funny thanks for the laugh today.
    You do come up with some good ones.
    I love the glass figurine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni...
    I love both the glass leopard, and the antique safe!
    Excellent 55 My Dear.
    Thanks for answering the call...hehehehe
    Thanks for playing, thanks for visiting, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...Galen

    Crack, a pack, of Cracker Jack...Your bound to crack a Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome 55!! you are so clever!! i love that old safe and those beautiful glass kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The glass cat is beautiful! And, as usual, your poetry is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't you miss clever
    that gals safe!

    mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  19. anni--you are a firecracker!! great 55! Thanks for stopping by-c

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute glass kitty!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I miss coming here!
    I have been busy and late in all my visits.
    love your most creative 55!great photo!
    well done, girlfriend!

    WOW...I love your amber looking cat!
    you do have an eye for beautiful things!

    I am up

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes, I did notice you love wordplay...and crack her Jack..that's why I said you are CREATIVE and you use a safe too...what about a lobster jaw cracker? LOL

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a gorgeous glass leopard!! I've never seen one like that before. Loved your Flash Fiction 55 as well, you always manage to do a play on words that's perfect:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooo pretty cat!! does the safe hold candy?? cuz then you'D better give me the combination ........for safe keeping!

    ReplyDelete

.