my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Help, I need somebody,...

"...Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.
"
Does anyone know what tree this is?


click button to join

Photos taken at a city park here in town the other day...









5:50 A.M. THANKS TO THE LADIES, KAREN AND VALERIE...I now know the species!!! You gals rock!! Thank you, thank you. It was driving me nuts not knowing the name. LOL





Below is a rant of mine. Regarding the new Arizona Immigration Law. If you'd like to skip over that and leave me a note or name the tree above...

COMMENT HERE





- - -<><><>- - -

Altho the latest poll from Rasmussen Reports Poll shows 59% of the people asked, is in favor of the new immigration law in Arizona, I wholly disagree. Yet, I realize also that the action is to protect their officers...but still thinking deeply on this, will this not instigate some radical actions in the future with officers? Yes, they're protectors...and we all know that some...no matter WHAT state we live in...can show a force that is egotist at times. First off, the immigrants to this country are NOT all Latinos. [by the way, I'm one of those nit-picky ones that disagrees with this generalization for all of Mexican/Spanish descent ---Latinos are from countries of origin that were once governed by Rome!! While Hispanic are those from Spanish rule...] Other countries' citizens migrate here...Canada,...Europe, South America, Cuba...not to mention Mexico. But since Arizona's governor signed the Immigration law for its state, I just wonder if she realized what she's done. Personally, I think it's a big mistake. BIG MISTAKE! [Even Arizona's own city councils of cities within are suing in protest of it!!] And, yes, I do realize the dilemma that the border states have with the illegal immigrants from the south. I lived in Arizona for over a decade. And I know what it's like there. I've been in Southern California many times and seen the borders of the two countries...how they treat 'suspicious' ones. Now, I live in Texas and see a lot of border patrol pulling over vehicles that look suspicious to them....and this state is one third to half Mexican descent...legal citizens. I have half Mexican nieces and nephews...they've been pulled over because of the color of their hair and complexion. And now the upper crust of the states are saying that this will not be a racial thing? I don't think so....I've seen it all too many times already---BEFORE the law was signed.

I really, really wonder if the law-makers of this country realize the implications of this, the repercussions of such an act. And, I can't blame just Obama's administration either....it's gone far back in years, decades, before he was elected into office. And I still feel that any U.S. law will not stop the immigrants from jumping the border.

I also can understand the American citizen's point of view when it deals with the illegals getting medical...taking jobs...but wait...when I LIVED in Tucson, there was a news segment that so clearly stands out in my memory. There ARE/WERE jobs to be had, many many jobs for LEGAL Americans ----no one would take them! Why? The pay and benefits were not enough. The job seekers in this country turned 90% of the job offers down. In most cases, it was hard labor...not acceptable to work for a living! It was disturbing. Yet, they have the gall to complain there are jobs that are being taken away from them by the illegals in this area of the Southwest.

Now think of it this way....would you, as American Citizen, want to travel to our Southern neighbors to visit...knowing that any time while you're there, if you look suspiciously 'white'....you could possibly be detained for weeks....months? And think about the tourist season....in the South...it's year 'round. People are not going to want to go there and spend the money...the economy is going to fall flat on its face in that area of the U.S. Schools....restaurants...just out on the street walking....it's not going to be all that safe...there may be an irate relative of an immigrant...drive by shooting, at random. The immigration laws set up as early as 1952 proclaims that no illegal alien can stay or work in the U.S....they need proof of legality such as a visa or green card. Otherwise - deportation. Again, any employer who hires an illegal alien is fined, and/or jailed! This new law, if I understand correctly, allows officers of the Border a right to inspect suspecting, doubtful, persons...and they now have full-reign of doing with them what they deem necessary....even shooting them. Is this right? No, I don't think so. It's adding coals to the already hot fire!! Ms. Brewer? Your law may be right in your mind and other cohorts, but it's more than likely gonna turn lethal...time will tell. [Just last week, the law had an added amendment: "Last week, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) signed follow-up legislation that restricts officers from using race or ethnicity as the basis for questioning, and allows them to ask immigration status questions only after a stop or an arrest, rather than during any contact, as the earlier law had stated."] I still think you opened a hornets' nest, and we are ALL going to get stung by it. Economically, and globally. Besides, in history the Berlin Wall didn't deter anyone wanting to flee the country. And think about it...if there is a wall built like so many conservatives ask for...it's not going to stop immigrants, there is a whole Gulf of Mexico to use as a 'freeway' to America...AND don't forget tunnels!! It's just not going to go away people. America was built on immigrants wanting freedom.

- - -

In Texas, our governor, Mr. Perry ---a Republican, tho I think ALL politicians no matter what party affiliation are going for VOTES more than 'protecting the citizens'--- in so many ways he recently said to the press that he thinks the Arizona Law is not for Texas. But wait...let me reiterate here!! Texas has close to a majority Mexicans/Latinos throughout the state...many are in certain areas...but none the less. This is an election year...doesn't that explain a lot regarding his statement? People of political offices right now are needing their votes!!! Come on....




POSTED: Monday, May 10th, 2010
1:00 A.M.


33 comments :

  1. I really don't know what kind of flower that is but it looks to be to be some kind of a tropical flower. The tree has a broad green leaf, not disimilar to a frangipani and the flowers seemingly cluster the same, like a frangipani! Sorry I couldn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a wild olive tree?
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flower - I was intrigued and found it to be a Cordia Boissieri - White Geiger.

    Check these out:

    http://www.freundfloweringtrees.com/cordia-boissieri-white-geiger.html

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaista/2765112572/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I FOUND IT!! Thanks to Karen above with her comment!! It's called a Mexican Olive...FOUND IT HERE

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie Yes....that's the same one. White Geiger. Mexican Olive, I've even now seen it as Texas Olive also. Many names, same tree!

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. What a lovely tree. It´s something we never see in the north of Sweden. :)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mornin', Anni! My guess would have been Mountain Laurel, but it is only a guess. Happy you have some knowledgeable blogging friends!

    Happy new week to you!
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flower what ever it is. We have similar problems trying to stop boat people entering our country illegally.No one can agree on a policy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly has a lovely blossom!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Mexican Olive...! never seen one before, what a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What was the name of this lovely white one?

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those flowers are gorgeous! And I know it's not easy to photograph white flowers - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well thought out post! I agree with it, so that makes it even better ;>). We haven't spent as much time in AZ as you did, but enough that I feel justified in complaininh about this misguided law. It can't be right or legal to make it a crime to be a certain race, which is basically what this law does. We won't spend any more travel time in Arizona when we go back out West. I hope we're not the only ones.

    By the way, I don't think you should offer your readers an opt-out from reading your occasional political posts. Either they'll agree or else they'll learn something. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the flowers are beautiful ! That's what I especially love in springtime when everything blooms over here.
    I see immigration problems are everywhere, we have the same here with people from Africa or the Eastern countries which are free now but terribly poor. Dirty jobs nobody wants to do, but screeming loud that these people take "our" jobs away for that they are there. The whole economy would break down if we didn't have these illegal immigrants who do all the shit work !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful macros!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/05/macro.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I'm glad that you figured out what species that is. It sure is beautiful.

    This Arizona law. My whole line of thinking on this is how people think that this is directed only at Latino's and/or people that look Latino. I would think and I would hope that it is for "all" the people that come into their state illegally. I for one totally support this as you are in my country and you better be able to show that you are here legally. I pay my taxes was born and raised here and I have every right to demand that you be here legally. The whole problem is that the Federal Government needs to get off their asses and do something about this problem. I tell you if I go down to Mexico or some other foreign country they don't give a rats ass about me and will lock me up or deport me in an instant.

    The problem is and I think you hit the nail on the head is that most illegals, and people from these countries that come here to live, will do the jobs that "we the people" will not do. It's a shame that the American way of life as come to this and said that we are to good to to manual labor, whether it be because of the lack of pay and benefits. Get out and get a job people. Wake up. There are so many issues here to deal with and our government has done a piss poor job in handing it...why? Because and again you hit the nail on the head...THEY NEED YOUR VOTE!!! Hell with that. Govern for a change and quit campaigning for 2, 4 or 6 years down the road. Term limits? You bet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely flowers in that tree, I think it´s to cold in Sweden for an olive tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni, sorry I do not know the name of your tree. But it would help if you said that the tree was in [city/state/country] rather than "here" when asking for ID. I do not know where you live and don't see the info easily on your site, and it makes a big difference in possibilities. I like your rant below, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This flower is gorgeous and the petals is so different it's kind of crisp.
    Anyhow, I think I myself is not comfortable going down south because of the color of my hair and skin. I might be pulled over but as long as the authority is not mean in asking question to me I would gladly answer respectfully their question that I am a naturalize citizen. And you are right Anni, it's not only Mexican who are illegals here their are too many Filipinos, Chinese and other nationalities who came not from the border but right in the airport itself but handing a tourist visa. Well what they do is that when time comes for them to go back to their country they are going to stay here and then that makes them illegal immigrant.
    I hope the immigration law will not be too politicize that would just create a lot of problem. Thanks for the space and Happy Monday!

    MacroMonday~The Bud

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful - I love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous photo and magnificent blooms! Wish I knew what it was....just gorgeous!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  24. wonderful shots, Anni...the flower and tree have a beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely blooms - looks like tissue, so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  26. The flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely shots, flowers just make the greatest macro's don't they

    ReplyDelete
  28. And the species is?????

    ReplyDelete

.