my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


......these two birds, talking.....

The weekly meme I do on Sunday, Sunday Stealing, is way too long this week, and more or less quite redundant with the question prompts. It's not like I don't have the time...but it seems that those long memes take way too much time, y'know? I'll forgo participating once again. I'll leave the link [above]; you may want to take a gander and participate yourself.

While walking around the marina one day, I overheard a conversation with two pelicans perched on a shrimp boat, resting, after their long journey over the sea. Oh...heck, don't believe me that they can actually talk? Well, humor me....



One Pelican asked the other:

"Did you hear about the big companies pulling out of sponsoring GlƐn BƐck's FØx program?"

The other snorted and readjusted himself on the boat's hull...

"Ya, I did!! Too bad his father didn't pull out when he had the chance."




- - -<><><>- - -


click button to join


1. Habit :: Nun
2. Relaunch :: Systems Go
3. Mondays :: Rainy days and---
4. Bootstrap :: Bill [Pirates of the Caribbean]
5. Funk :: Mood
6. Appreciate :: Gratuity
7. Yay! :: Hooray!
8. Life :: Goes On
9. Sheets :: Bed
10. Date night :: [new movie] Tina Fey and Steve Carell






PS....Jinksy was kind enough to tell me that she was having trouble reading my blog entries over the blue denim background...which I much appreciate!! So, again-------new design. LOL



POSTED: Sunday, April 11th, 2010
4:50 A.M.
[pelican image from my camera -- I actually took the photo 'cause of the corroded hull!! You wouldn't catch ME going out on that boat...it's rotten. ---look at the wood...just under their tail feathers. LOL]

21 comments :

  1. aaah, i wanna see 'date night'.... have you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nun's habit is excellent -wish I'd thought of it. I didn't remember Date Night either, although it's hard to miss the ads for it. We did match, though, on Rainy Days and Mondays.
    Very nice photo. And sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me, or do others have difficulty reading over the blue denim? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I got a chuckle over your list! Tina Fay was on SNL and did an awful skit that made me laugh awkwardly at the situation! It is so uncanny how she can take a controversial subject and make it laughable. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you when you say you overheard the pelicans talking!! hehe Loved what they said! ROFL!! Yikes, I agree with you, after seeing the shape of that boat, no way would I go out in it either.

    I've heard that Date Night is quite good so will have to rent it when it comes out on dvd. I haven't rented a movie in a few weeks so I'm way behind catching up with the latest movies that are available now on video. Next rainy day, I'm heading to the video store:-)

    Hope your weekend has been a good one so far! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never even heard of Cattle Egrets so I've learned something new once again by visiting you:-) Such great shots you got of them with the zoom lens. I love using my new camera with the zoom lens as well, amazing how far you can zoom to!!

    Loved the comic funnies! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, that last comment should have gone to your previous post, don't know why it showed up on this one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY FUNNY.... Loved it!!!
    Have a wonderful day Anni
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know right? Leo and Johnny are just so yummy! Thanks for dropping by, Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got your comment about the blue denim, thanks - but could you not have simply made it a lighter blue? I didn't mean to cause a complete rethink! You could always email me direct (button on the profile page)rather than rely on comment boxes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right about SS. I like the new theme, but I liked the previous one better myself. :) Loved the pelicans...too funny. And as usual, your UM are just brilliant. Love the Habit::Nun Very well thought out :) Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep. That pelican had it right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annie!
    We both have the same character in mind in #4 :D
    It's my first time to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that wise pelican!! I'm glad they talk to you...they don't seem to talk to anyone else around the place.

    Hope all is well in your world, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute joke, love the pelican pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I REALLY LIKE THIS , Anni.
    This new look really ROCKS!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, hope all is well with you. Wrote a little update on my blog around 2:30 am. Couldn't sleep.

    Wishing you a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. tis rotten for sure, I'd been meaning to mention the other layout...but was waiting to see if it got better on the widescreen monitor at home rather than the square one at work. glad you fixed it, I like this much better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ani -- FWIW -- I love your original posts (roared with laughter at the pelican joke!). And I'm not so enamoured with the long memes at all (I like the color memes and water and sky -- for the chance to post my pictures) but I usually skip reading posts that have things like that Sunday one you mention -- even when they're by one of my fav bloggers (that would be you ;>)....

    Also I'm much happier with the white background as well.

    ReplyDelete

.