my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




I am stuck on band-aid....


Click to Join


Sunday Stealing: The Meme Time Meme

01. Real First Name: Anni

02. Birthday: February 9

03. Where do you live: Texas

04: What are you studying/What are you working as: Working as a retiree! So, that's defined as "Working hard AT hardly working!"

05. What makes you happy: Being me!

06. What are you listening to now/have listened to last: The computer whirring.

07. What is particularly good/bad about your blog: No matter, it's my blog...the good thing is, I do what I want, when I want, how I want.

08. An interesting fact about you: I've been in movies, theater [starring Kevin Costner and René Russo] AND made for TV movies [starring Pam Dawber and Beau Bridges].

09. Are you in love/have a crush at the moment: Of course.

10. Favorite place to be: At this point in life, the BEACH!!

11. Favorite lyric: Have I told you lately that I love you...

12. Best time of the year: Holidays

13. Weirdest food you like: Well, weirdest combination would be....I don't know, remind me to come back to this one?!!

RECOMMEND

01. A film: I see so many films, I can't recommend just one.

02. A book: Atlas Shrugged [LINKED]...by far the best book I've ever read.

03. A song: Theme from Armageddon...

04: A band: Aid 'Cause Band-Aid's stuck on me!!

PLUS

01. One thing you like about a blogger that you have not met: I like the fact that one sweet blogger actually MET MAXINE [LINKED] and she introduced her to us all yesterday!!!

02. Two things you like about yourself: Energy and wit...what a combination...kinda dangerous at times.

03. Name three things that you need in a lover: At my age? A beating heart, a functioning brain [scared ya? -you thought maybe I was gonna say something ELSE functioning?], and money to take me out to dine.


- - -<><><>- - -






TODAY IN HISTORY:


This ad first appeared in Harper's Weekly on April 18th, 1885. We all know about Paul Reverie's Ride "On the 18th of April in '75, hardly a man is now alive...." But! Do you remember? Bud was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR!!!













POSTED: Sunday, April 18th, 2010
6:00 A.M.






22 comments :

  1. i think i gave out too much of my real name in that item. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC post, Anni!
    You act along side Kevin Costner,René Russo AND Pam Dawber and Jeff Bridges? How COOL is that?
    How mysterious and wonderful you are!
    Told you, YOU ROCK!
    Bdw, please do always leave me a link as I love direct link so that I can visit you!
    I thought it was VERY SWEET of Gattina to share those pictures of Maxine with us too!

    You have a Great Sunday!
    YOU D DOMB!

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers!
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni is a star- I knew it!
    fyi- the Cubs are no threat to anyone, that's part of the allure for the hometown crowd. I do worry about you in Bush country :)

    Have a great Sunday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/mayor-what-are-you-thinking/
    Joinus for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in TX---Austin. I love the spelling of your first name, I don't think I have ever seen that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides the fact that I am not such a movie fan like you I agree with the rest ! I too love to be myself and enjoy life and retirement ! when I think that so many women of our age are living in the past and start every sentence "At my time .... !" As if they were looking at the roots of Daisies in their grave !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm proud to say I saw you in the theaters, as well as on cable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atlas Shrugged is one of my all time favorite books too. I first read it in college in the 1970s and have read it several times since. I never thought I would live to see Ayn Rand's looters and takers in our own government destroying our country with their uncontrolled and stupid spending. And unfortunately there is no magical place in the mountains for the achievers to go to. Hubby and I always lived within our means even if it meant going without. And to see our government continue to spend, spend, spend with no end in sight and more debt.....it's the first time in my life I'm alarmed at the direction of this country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey anni, nice to see you. i know it's been a long time! love all your answers! and you definitely strike me as the "acting" type! i also love your answers on a lover. i wonder what we would have said in our 20s - lol.

    thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your Sunday posts.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gotta kick out of the Maxine story myself! Great job. Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. okok now I have the I am stuck on band aid brand jingle in my head lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Working hard at hardly working' I LUV it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have something for you

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have something for you

    http://www.sugarfilledemotions.com/2010/04/an-award/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey...I'm so surprised you didn't mention the no-hitter from the Colorado Rockies yesterday. WOOT!! Why is it I thought of you immediately :) I love your band answer. I love your number 5 WOOT!!! Hau`oli La Hanau to Bud. I hope he had a wonderful birthday. I'm sure you made sure he did. :) Have a great week ahead :) Wasn't Maxine hysterical? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Bud. I hope you had a wonderful day.

    Anni, yes, a bit antsy, but not out of concern...more from stress. Just sent you an email.

    Love and hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got the bandaid song stuck in my head now! lol
    great anwers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/the-celebrate-blogger-of-march-in-short-story-writing-award-and-more-announcement-for-nomination/

    I nominated you
    please read the post via the link,
    help nominate some bloggers you believe that they are excellent on

    art or painting,
    humor,
    or creative writing...
    Good Luck!
    I appreciate your input.

    Everyone will receive some awards tomorrow...
    12 hours deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for visiting my site. Wow, I love that , with Kevin Costner, his one of my fave actor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. enjoyed ur stealing! :)

    ReplyDelete

.