my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




I was left speechless I tellya...


Click button to Join

My ode to a beautiful lady...a friend for many years--- composed especially today; in thirteen lines

There is this lady from Denmark
Who quickly became my good friend
Tho many miles of ocean are between us
We're in sync in thoughts and ideas...
We've learned together, the ropes online
What I don't understand, she fills in the rest!
We think alike, she and I; Kindred Spirits we are.
Together we had tears of joy, sorrow, laughter---
Within her soul and big warm heart
Through the years, she's always there with the
strength and wisdom for me when needed.
My friend, my mentor, that she is to me--
Mutti? Du er den bedste!



- - -

Last week, I received the most beautiful surprise in a package that was hand delivered to my doorstep. I was not expecting anything. It came to me; I was totally unaware it had been shipped. Inside the package a lovely flowered card addressed to me she wrote, "just because".

I'm still speechless! Truly. Dear Mutti did it to me. She made this old gal at a loss for words. I'll just let the photos speak for me-----












The package arrives!












Anticipation's grabbed ahold of me!!

What's this? OMG...
Royal Copenhagen...
Just don't let me drop this trying to get it open!






Exquisite!!
Fine Porcelain Easter Eggs...
Blue Iris and Green Finch
They take my breath away!!!
Thank you ever so much
Sweet, sweet Mutti!!!!











POSTED: Thursday, March 25th, 2010
1:00 A.M.

22 comments :

  1. What a wonderful thing from a wonderful woman for another wonderful woman. Boy Anni this is GREAT!!! How nice. Thanks for sharing. Those Easter Eggs are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Those eggs are so beautiful and I know you will treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. Such a wonderful surprise. Those eggs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are beautiful. What a sweet friend she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful friend you have in mutti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anni, these are beautiful. How nice of Mutti! Happy Easter! Your blog is so beautiful! I took your button and posted it on my sidebar! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! What a gorgeous surprise! You are indeed blessed with such a cyber friend. Wouldn't it be fun to meet??

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely poem for your friend. She sounds like a very special person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh , Anni... that is AWESOME!
    I am so happy for you to have found a wonderful friend like Mutti
    and so sweet of Mutti to be such a great friend!

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet friend and those eggs are just gorgeous.
    I liked the poem also.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I don't know if I told you but your blog layout is so cute.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
    Therefore You'll notice that I am typing this in a much high pitched voice "LOL"
    The wonderful poem you made for me, brought tears to my eyes !!!
    "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks and thanks again." (~William Shakespeare )

    It touched me so much to realize, that you had blogged about this. It's such a new feeling, I am just trying to absorb it. It nearly made me blush.
    But You have a way with turning words into gold!!!
    I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. "G"
    I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for You my heart has no bottom---
    How nice of you to put up pictures,so people can see what we are able to make in little old Denmark. I'm so happy that you like it.- that is the most important thing to me "S" and I am glad I did send you that little gift, cos as you know:,
    Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted, which, once you have got it ,you may be smart enough to see that it is what you would have wanted, had you known "S"

    If fame were based on kindness instead of popularity,- on understanding and not on worldwide attention, you would be the biggest celebrity on earth. And to my heart, you already are. !
    So Anni- thanks again for your kind words, and the pictures,
    and as always= Du er den bedste!!!
    Mutti.

    PS- to you and your "blog-friends, I know:
    "To blog or not to blog, that is the question!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, won-der-ful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! What a wonderful surprise!!

    Love your "please no spam" in the comment box.....sooo cute!!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is really precious. What a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh how very gorgeous those eggs are! It's no wonder you were at a loss for words when you opened the package:-) Aren't blogging friends the kindest and most generous people in the world?! Love the ode to Mutti you wrote...absolutely perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful gift Anni!! You truly deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those eggs were fantastic!!! What a great freind to send you such a wonderful gift! Have a wonderful day...
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful moment of surprise with us, Anni.

    ReplyDelete

.