my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




like 'jewels' on the thread of a necklace...


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join


After she woke up, a woman told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for our anniversary. What do you think it means?" "You'll know tonight." he said. That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it to find a book entitled "The Meaning of Dreams."


SHOW N TELL


It all started with this large seed I found during the hurricane season two summers ago; while hurricane Ike was hitting in the Galveston Texas area. Our beaches' tide was up...wild and dangerous. But, during a lull, Bud and I went out to the island to see what it was like. I walked in amongst the debris that was being pushed ashore and found a heart shaped bean. After doing some Googling, I found out it was called a Sea Heart Bean....one of the largest seeds from the Caribbean islands and the Costa Rica shores...in fact more than likely one of the largest in the world. I went to the nearest Hobby Lobby. I've NEVER in my life ever looked over these little goodies...as I've NEVER before made any jewelry. Here I am...reading, picking out this, picking out that...wondering what else I need to make this idea work. I wanted natural...all natural [in other words, no plastic]. I had in mind a leather strip for the 'necklace part'...and silver for all the hardware I wanted REAL glass accents too. Something that was a bit of a contrast, yet still warm and close to 'sea' colors. After purchasing what I thought was all that was needed to begin, showing Bud what I bought, he said I'd forgotten a very important part. I asked: "And, what's that?" He replied: "How are you gonna hang the leather to the seed"? Realizing I needed the little 'ringy thingie'...back to Hobby Lobby we went...the ringy thingie happens to be called: "Eye Pin" [which you can faintly see just to the right of the pliers handle]. Well, shut my mouth and call me a novice! Why not call it what it is...an eye hook thingie? LOLOLOLOL


I finished it over the past weekend. Now I understand why I see jewelers with their magnifying specs...that is difficult to work with such tiny pieces!!! Eye strain. Anyway, here is my 1st attempt at making jewelry.







- - -<><><>- - -

FLASH 55
To some, it's fiction
To others, it's not!
- - -


Joylessly, a bag lady she's called.
Dejectedly, a street bum he's called.
Deeply, together they show the state of the union.
Dolefully, many end up this way...
Sadly, with college degrees...
Intensely, those that agree the economy is sound
Dismally have in their warped minds....
Severely, set on ONE SINGLE DELUSION.
BUT------
Situation -- Dire Straits!!

- - -

addendum -TRILLION$?!! What is the man in the white house thinking?!!!!













POSTED: Friday, February 5th, 2010
12:45 A.M.
[today would have been my late brother's birthday!]



30 comments :

  1. Eye hook thingies. Your killing me here LOL. You sure did do a great job with 'em Love the photos :) I loved your 55. I'm so glad I didn't vote for him but hey, what the hell. Who would do any better? Oooo Enjoy this diddy Have a great Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie I loved your comment threw me off kilter. At Galens place Mr knowitall


    The Villan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 55. The delusions of those who think everything is peachy, yet to put a nation into debt by trillions? What were they thinking...

    My 55 is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sweet little hubby in your opening subject would have probably been cracked over the head with his Book of Dreams, if he had pulled that one on ME! (0; LOVE your necklace though!! I think that kind of thing is tough on the eyes too, but I like to dabble in jewelry making once in a while! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very poignant 55 Anni. Beautiful necklace as well and to use a found object makes it even more special! Thank you for visiting my place earlier.

    Friday Flash 55 ~ Checkmate

    ReplyDelete
  6. all too real 55. if our personal debt was the same as our nations...oh wait, most people's is...and yet they wonder why. lol.

    my 55 is up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful necklace, thought provoking 55 and happy birthday to your late brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always come up with the most delightful things... and now jewellary. they are beautiful!!! just in time for summer fun too.

    and i must say, i love your 55. those very same things apply here too. and probably across many places in the world. 'tis sad i say, sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes... that happens evrywhere. Sad but true
    Great 55 as always

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Anni! As usual, you excel in the artistic side of life - and you have a good helper! I love the seed and am so glad you found it. I would never be able to do that - I can barely thread a needle any more!

    Your Flash 55 - oh, my. I don't know what he's thinking, but it seems that he's a bit delusional, more than a bit! He thinks he has carte blanche, apparently.

    I sent a message to all my readers, but the address on my private blog readers sent it back to me. But good news!! Kristen made me public again last night! Come on over for my 500th post and giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the same over here. nicely said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful! I love the natural pieces! I've been wanting to try my hand a jewelry making too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, You've done a wonderful job. This is absolutely gorgeous. What makes it even more appealing is that it's all natural.

    Making jewelry is a great hobby. I bet this is the beginning of a new venture for you. You'll be combing the beach for the beans the next time you're there.

    I'm going to email you. I have a question I've been meaning to ask you for a while.

    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm impressed! It turned out really nice. Now you have to be on the look out for more jewelry fixings as you walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the joke, the necklace is just gorgeous - you have so many talents. The fiction was very touching. At least the man in the White House wasn't joined by a rogue. Happy Birthday in Heaven to your brother - has it been long?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Sweet Annie...
    You never stop surprising me. I love this necklace that you made, it is beautiful. Imagine that a heart sea bean. How very elegant it looks hainging from its' "eye pin". Funny name don't you think? But you pulled it all together quite beautifully. Maybe you should start making jewelry from some of the other pieces that you have found on your many beach walks. Do you ever pick up much sea glass? I would think it would be beautiful as jewelry. I always thought one of those small silver dollars would be beautiful dipped in silver, so that it could be preserved and worn around your neck. I don't know if you could dip it or not, but it would be worth trying by a jeweler. What are your thoughts, would it work?

    I ofcourse love your line about the man in the white house. Imagine that TRILLIONS??? What are we going to do?

    Ofcourse you are such a clever little gal. I love to come and see you, you always brighten my day and make me feel so happy to know you, so loved to be touched by you, and so joyous to know your door is always open to me. Thank you sweet Annie. Have a beautiful Friday.

    Country hugs sweetie and so MUCH love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe this is your FIRST necklace. It's beautiful!!! Now you will have to make more, using your shells.

    Jane (Artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure have enjoyed scaring me lately, and it's not even Halloween. If it weren't for you, I'd still be happy with my head in the sand and my credit card debt going up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful necklace! simple and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic jewelery! I sure missed a lot while I was gone. Now I am dealing with jet lag and saying hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The jewelry is so awesome sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni, that is a lovely necklace, eye hook thingie and all :-). Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a great job! I don't always use the correct terminology when talking about jewelry making supplies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your jewelry looks great! your 55 is spot on and I fear that it may be too late when we figure out the answer to the question.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love your necklace.

    Your 55 is painfully accurate.

    Flash 55 - Buried Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun post! Thanks for sharing. Had a good chuckle about the lady getting a dream Interpretation book instead of the pearl necklace she was hoping for.☺

    ReplyDelete
  27. We are on the same wavelength. What's he thinking? Beats me.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni...?
    A political 55?
    hehehehehe..
    Anyway..Great Job!
    I loved your Pearl necklace story as well..
    Thanks for playing today, and have a KICK Ass Week-End!...G

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was enthralled all the thru!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, Anni, I just LOVE the necklace you made for yourself, what a wonderful way to highlight the Sea Heart Bean!! I have no doubts that you will get a lot of compliments on it when you're out and about:-) You did a fabulous job, no one would ever guess this was your first time making jewelry. Beautiful!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.