“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Sunday brunch with Anni.... @ Lunch Lady Land.....

Working on the two Sunday memes that I regularly participate in for the day's blogging, I started on the Unconcious Mutterings list where you use your wits and associate one word...kinda like a psychiatric test of wits and thoughts. Who knows just what a psychiatrist would say about my associations, but I'm sure they'd have a new diagnosis number for their infamous book of codes that I worked with for many years!! [the DSM codes ---such as 297.whatever # is all psychotic disorders] No matter...that's neither here nor there, thing is, one particular word today -LUNCH- brought back a memory of Adam Sandler and how the talk show radio we listened to each morning would play this upon request...several times a day! Hey, it's a word association meme, and this song is the very first that popped into my head...so I'm supposed to write it down without any further thought!! It is comical, and I had to go see if I could find it on You Tube...of course I did, and I'm sharing it today. If you have ever eaten in a school lunchroom and their prepared 'healthy' meals, you'll get a kick out of the song. But first, the meme answers.......




Sunday Stealing: The Trivia About Me Meme


~*~Opening~*~

Do you get regular massages? No

Do you have an answering machine? No [outdated piece of equipment considering a cellphone]

What cuss word do you use the most? Sh!t

Are you underweight or overweight? Still working on losing the 6 pounds I gained during the holidays...overweight.

Can you see your veins? Yes

~*~Favorite~*~

Soap? Dial Cranberry

Fruit? No favorite....like most all. I guess it's a toss up between a banana or apple

Kind of red meat? Cooked

Fish? DEFINITELY cooked!!!!!

Candy bar? Heath

~*~Have You Ever~*~

Eaten a whole bag of potato chips? Yep

Eaten lobster? Yep

Climbed a mountain? Yep

Been skydiving? Nope

Been water skiing? Once

~*~Do You~*~

Wish you could change something about your life? Nope

Like your nose? Nope

Like salt and vinegar chips? Nope

Eat salsa? A lot!!

Own a boat? Nope

~*~What Is~*~

A small thing that people let slide but that actually has dire consequences? Paying bills [debt]

Your most macho trait? Me? Macho? I guess my love of sports. On second thought around 5PM...I have a shadow if outdoors, so I guess a 5 o'clock shadow?

The longest relationship you’ve ever had? 60+ years [myself]

Your most embarrassing thoughts? I think, therefore I am

Your most shameful moment? Dunno...I'm either shameless or shiftless.

~*~This/That~*~

Bath/Shower? Both....In a hurry, it's a shower, if it's for relaxing a bubble bath.

Markers/Crayons? Neither

Pens/Pencils? Both

Jelly/Cream Cheese? JAM...black raspberry jam/preserves or nothing at all

Bagel/Toast? Toast

~*~Finish~*~

My greatest weakness is…food

I wish I was…rich

Three things I wouldn’t do for a million dollars are…rob a bank, rob a store, rob an armored truck.

The oddest thing I’ve ever put in my mouth is…smoked octopus

~*~Firsts~*~

Credit card you had? Sears I think...[can't stand that store now-a-days]

Loan you got was for? Car

Paycheck was for how much? Goodness....that was in 1966...I haven't a clue.

Time you had stitches? When I cut my finger on a meat slicer.

Time you went to the hospital for something? When I was one...and each winter 'til I was six...always with pneumonia.

~*~Lasts~*~

List everything you ate in the last 24 hours? Home made mushroom burgers, fresh almonds as a snack, banana, cream of wheat, apple, lemon/lime soda, ice cream, seasoned french fries, salad, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, cherry crisp, fresh orange, swiss cheese, buttered popcorn -that's all I can remember

Last thing you used a credit card for? Can't remember...rarely charge anything.

What was your job previous to the one you have now? Don't have one since I retired in 1996.

Last thing you celebrated? Christmas

Last time you were at a sports bar? Just last week. [Go often for buffalo burgers and beer---for Bud, Sprite for me!]




- - -<><><>- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS


1. Weak :: Defenseless
2. Flashy :: Bright
3. Sack :: Quarterback
4. Business :: as usual
5. Purple :: Rain
6. Fan :: Club
7. Airline :: Ticket
8. Guide :: Ruler
9. Lunch :: Lady Land [an old Adam Sandler Song]
10. Exercise:: Routine










POSTED: Sunday, January 17th, 2010
5:30 A.M.



29 comments :

  1. i've always wondered what a psychiatrist would make of these unconscius mutterings... probably better we don't know, heee hee heeeeee

    and one day, one day, i'm hoping to be credit card free. but how to shop??? its too dangerous to have cash these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoked octopus? I haven't tried that. I'll have to add it to my list of things to get to eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Mutterings - found them interesting especially no. 3 and 9.

    thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoked octopus sounds pretty gross. Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NurseExec it WAS! But way back, long time ago, I'd do anything on a dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your answers and you call jelly 'Jam' - just like us Brits!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh... it's been ages since I had a bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I hadn't though of my longest relationship being with myself. Good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I love the word shit too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smoke octopus sounds very adventurous! Great job as always. Have a terrific Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni, good answers but what is Cream of Wheat?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right- they are outdated. Get a cell phone people. Then you can ignore phone numbers you don't like.

    Have a great day!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-cuss-word-do-you-use-most.html
    Be sure to join us for Monday Meyhem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each week you let us know more about you. I share your weakness for food and, as always, love your answers :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again Anni, thanks for your comments. The blog background came from a really great site I found
    http://blo64rt.blogspot.com/
    No, never had grits, don't know what they are. Toffee crisp is a toffee base with crisped rice on top then covered in milk choclate. We need a site that translates all these things, I don't know what a Heath bar is, or a sports bar! Take care Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love these Sunday posts.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to be back! I love your answers. . . Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job of drawing all of that! I can't draw stick figures! Thanks for visiting & have a great week! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. ~Answering machines are definitely outdated - we ~don't even have a home phone.
    ~Five o'clock shadow - TeeHee
    ~Not paying bills - never thought of that one.
    ~Oh, I love smoked oysters and haven't had those in so long!
    ~Your poor parents having to worry about you when you were so little with pneumonia! Glad you are better now.
    ~Cherry crisp sounds heavenly, I'll have to make some for me and hubby!
    Hope you have a fabulous week....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know that Dial had a pomegranate soap. Sounds great! I think you are very brave. I can't picture putting smoked octopus in my mouth. :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read your Sunday Stealing list and I fell over laughing reading your answer to favorite meat/fish: "cooked". :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Smoked Octopus is great. Over hear it is called Taco. We dry it in a home built box that we have made with wire around it to keep the flies out and just leave it out in the sun for days. It's great. And you don't like sashimi? Raw fish to me is excellent :) But different strokes for different folks I suppose. I love this Adam Sandler video. It so reminds me of you LOL And Purple Rain...what an awesome song. :) Well done my friend. Have a wonderful week ahead :) Now I want a sloppy jo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've got a favor to ask you. Can you please email me? You can use my contact form on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni,

    Enjoyed your post as always. You have such a great sense of humor.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. you take the cake for smoke octopus! Yuck:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello anni!hope all is well with you...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dial cranberry????

    ReplyDelete
  28. First of all, Chris Farley made a scary looking lunch room lady in that video!! LOL I hadn't heard that song in a long time, it's so funny!!

    Smoked octopus, eh? I think you're braver than I am at trying out new foods! lol My mom only shops at Sears but like you, I can't really stand that store. I find they're way too expensive for nothing, can get the same thing much cheaper somewhere else. Isn't it unbelievable how much we can eat in a 24 hours period? lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boy, I sure would love to taste those home-made mushroom burgers.:-)

    ReplyDelete

.