my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Pipes, and egos and Texan's tall Tales... .


Click either button to Join



THURSDAY THUNKS....



Thursday Thunks is back!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. Smileys



1. Build It Yourself Coffin Kits. Creepy, interesting, cost effective, your new hobby?
    Cut and paste! That'd be my new hobby. I just like the sound of it. No rhyme or reason...just cut and paste.
2. Can you blow up a balloon under water?
    Water? Under water? Ummmmmm, when water gets above my neck while standing in it, I tend to hyperventilate...so a balloon blow job is definitely out!
3. Why do you think when naming citrus fruit they simply named an orange the color it is?
    Is there proof that orange wasn't a fruit FIRST?....naming the color after the CITRUS? You can't fool me!!!
4. Insanity Cafe's topic of the day on Tuesday was this article. Have you ever known someone to do something embarrassingly stupid like that?
    That is too darned funny. Y'know, one of the psychiatrists I worked under once told me while we were just conversing over life things....he said "Men...they'll stick their manhood in anywhere they find...dig in the sandbar, and they'll try to mate it." Well, guess this proves his point exactly. Just hope the bruised EGO will remember what happened! Bet that is the talk of the rescue ward today and for weeks to come!!! But have I known anyone to do this? Do I look like a pipe to you? [you gotta read the linked article to understand my answer]
5. If you got stranded high on a mountain in the snow, how many snowmen would you make? Would you name them and talk to them?
    If I did, they'd more likely be snow WOMEN ---more diverse interests.... the men often ignore...while watching the football game on the snow-tv I constructed. Figures!! As for names? If men...How 'bout Al Michaels & Phil Simms & what's his name?----the commentator? Troy Aikman....YA!! Now HE knows his football!!! Snow women would be more fun tho, 'cause you know how men are when football is on snow TVs, don't you?!! But then...on 2nd thought, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
6. Have you ever tripped and fell while walking up the stairs?
    Guess there is always the chance of it happening. There is a 'first' for everything.
7. If you were to make your own currency what would it look like, what would you call it and would you give some to your fellow Thursday Thunkers?
    Like me...all green and wrinkled, but worth a million!!! Oh, and another thing...it'd have a watermark...it'd look like a blown up balloon in one hand... with a pipe grinder in the other hand.
8. Have you ever made a Mr. Potato Head from a real potato?
    I just had a real kinky thought....maybe that's why mashed potatoes are such a popular side dish...mashing Mr. Potato's head!! Or even whippin' 'em....think about it. Ohhhhhhhhhh, KIN-N-N-Ky!!


- - - <><><> - - -


THURSDAY THIRTEEN


TEXAS -"friendship." The word Texas is from a Caddo Indian word "teyshas" meaning "friends"....

.... and declared to be the motto of the State of Texas.' [riot...that, I disagree with mainly 'cause there aren't too many friendly people around...ANYwhere!] Last week, I shared pointers to us Coloradoans. Which was fun and many truths in the list. This week, for fun---thirteen things you'd recognize as truths if you're a TEXAN....



You know you're from Texas if........

1] You recognize that beans and cornbread is a meal that must have been bestowed upon the people by the Lord Himself.
2] You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.
3] You know which leaf makes good toilet paper.
4] You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
5] The local papers covers national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.
6] You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.
7] You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
8] Stores don't have shopping carts; they have buggies.
9] Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
10] School classes were canceled because of heat.
11] Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
12] You see more Texan flags than American flags.
13] Coldbeer actually is one word.

BONUS: Well, I had a bonus statement last week, I am 'fixin' to do it here also... "The Blue Book value on your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas it has in it." [considerin' we all live so close to Old Mexico I guess! ----hahaha, I just crack myself up.]






POSTED: Thursday, January 14th, 2010
1:50 A.M.

40 comments :

  1. Snowwomen...I love it. Great answers. I'm not doing Thursday Thunks this week. It came in way to late. If it doesn't post before I go to work so I can do it then, I don't have the time to do it. Love your Thursday Thirteen. Coldbeer LOL And which leave is it you use? Hmmm Have a wonderful Thursday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that definition of sexy lingie is very sexy anni :D

    very very :D
    The Extremes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I loved your list. It's really funny. Especially for me, coz I'm German. But most of your points could be also written by someone who lives in the countryside of northern friesland. The traffic jam thing is the same!!

    I really had fun! Thanks.
    Big hugs,
    Sonny

    P.S.: my list (well it's not really a list but photos) is up aswell, maybe you like to hop over and visit!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned something new today. I like what you had to say about the meaning of Texas. And - you're friendly and in Texas!
    I'm also laughing about the blue book value of a car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you crack me up too! B : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That article about the guy and the pipe was hilarious. Honestly, was he that desperate???

    Good Thunks and TTs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that TT! I might have to do that with Virginia sometime. I think the deer season one applies here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL As always, I leave your page with a smile. Fun post. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erotic potatoes? Perfect! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. no. 3 amazes me. In 1997 I had cornbread warm and fresh from the oven every Friday afternoon for almost a year. The bakery was indeed run by someone with American influence, and probably even Texan culture for why that cornbread hype every Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for my morning smile. One line of the pipe story really tickled me:

    "The anxious man, aged about 40, gave hospital staff no explanation about how the pipe got stuck"

    They really needed an explanation?

    Things I'm Not Writing About

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandma The part that tickled my fancy was where the 'rescuers' were concerned about the intense heat! LOLOL


    I know, it's not funny...but I still had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny! I like your idea for snow women - that makes much more sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Annie sweetie...
    You have made a sick lady smile today. Thank you for sharing as always, and I am laughing this morning. I can't decide which piece I love most.

    Ya know, you can be a very naughty girl. Love it.

    A balloon under water? Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh I am taking that one with me sweetie.

    Smile and have a beautiful day. I love ya girl.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni,

    Enjoyed both your Thunks and your Thirteen. I always thought Texas was full of friendly people.

    I'm sure the first day of deer season is a big day for hunters. It is here as well.

    Wishing you and Bud a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting ! Now I know something new about Texas, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed your blog today and had a good laugh.
    I loved the 13 list as usual.
    My bil lived in TX for several yrs.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! You're cracking me up too. What's really funny, is when you talk about the best leaf for wiping, I see myself looking at cactus and selecting a rock. I'm from West Texas. It's different for those Eastern folks in the state.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Funny (o:
    If I was stranded on a Mountain, I would be more likely to make an igloo than a snowman.... if there is snow it is cold and I would probably not make it till morning...so no need to talk to a snowman or woman.
    I live in Longmont. North of Boulder. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's quite a list. Although my Tennessee relatives would fight you for the cornbread and beans.

    http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday-thirteen-thrift-shop-buys.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another great post, Anni. I especially loved your Thursday Thirteen. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good answers. As for your 13, in Georgia they are buggies too. I work at Wal-Mart on third shift and we have to out and get them. they call it buggy round-up. It would be a real round-up if we got them on horseback.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always enjoy your THUNK responses and your
    13' ... thanks for the chuckles. Have I mentioned I love the little red birdies in your header? I don't recall.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the list! The funny thing is some of those are truisms for the State of Georgia too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have friends from Texas and they said you're missing, "a dusting of snow = a snow day!"

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, my. I might sorta know people who resemble this, but they're not Texans... No names or fingers pointing or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the Texas thing. I had no idea that TT was back.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Honey you are just toooooo dang funny!!!!!!
    I so enjoy reading your posts.
    Always know when I come over here I leave with a smile on my face.
    Take care
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  29. As a Texan living abroad (TN) I laughed at the 70 degree chili weather- too true. Though we are from West Tx- we don't do pork. It's all beef.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL...thank you for the nice giggle. Not in Texas anymore but lived there for about 6 years awhile back. And school really did get cancelled more than a few times because of the heat. Moved from Tx to Hawaii and it was positively chilly over there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well, since I am a born and bred Texan, I have to disagree with most of this. I live near Houston, and we have really friendly people here. No tractors, unless you live out in the sticks, but I see more tractors when I'm in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, or Nebraska. We don't call our shopping carts buggies, again not if you're in suburbia. But we do call them sacks, not bags. And we do say, "Fixin' to" as in I'm fixin' to get a coldbeer! Leaves for toilet paper? Not anyone I know. Sports? Yes! That is true. Football, to many around here, is not just a sport, it's a way of life. Not me, you see, but a lot of people! I don't see too many Texas flags, except that every classroom in Texas has one. We even have a Texas pledge, which is quite stupid. The heat! Spot on!!!!! Actually, if we get snow flurries, which is extremely rare, the kids think school should be cancelled! So, you're maybe half right on these. Funny! I could probably make up my own Texas sayings. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. 'The local papers covers national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.' - LOL!

    'You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.' - *howling now*

    Another hilarious portrait of a state culture, Anni. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey! I missed reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've got something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahem.........

    1) didn't you know the lord broke the cornbread and passed it saying "do this as often as ye shall and remember me"???? and you GOTTA have some beans to go with cornbread cuz "man can't live by bread alone"

    2) blow 70 is not a "cool snap"....it's damn cold and I need some chili and my gramma's quilt to make it through the day without catching my death of cold.

    3) if there's 3 or 5 on a stem and the leaf edge is jagged...skip it. or, go ahead and then we'll all laugh at the extra hitch in your giddy'up for the next 2 weeks.

    4) it isn't? you sure? you sure you're sure?

    5) gotta get the play by play with all stats and standings donchaknow.

    6) well, when it's freezing out like right now (55F) I'll switch to my flannel pajama bottoms.

    7) you left out Dr Pepper and Blue Bell....who said you could only have 4 anyways?

    8) welllll, you gotta put the groceries in the buggy or you'll drop em.

    9) and you better watch the sackers or your sack will split halfway to your door! They like to overstuff the sacks

    10) ???? whatsamatter with that?

    11) either that or 2 cars one pointing in each direction stopped in the middle of the road so the drivers can have a nice long chat....with 5 cars waiting behind each for them to finish.

    12) most folks fly both actually.

    13) uh-huh.

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG...your list is hilarious. Love the lingerie :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. tripped up the stairs? of course.... and why would i want to blow up a balloon under water i ask????? they probably ask that cause it isn't possible...

    ReplyDelete

.