my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Here we go 'round the Mulberry Bush......"


click either button to join

I know the title for today's post has nothing to do with the two memes....but it is EARLY in the MORNING...and the song came to my head. Oh, live with it!!!

--------


Sunday Stealing: The Pretentious Blogging Meme

1. How long have you been blogging? With this blog...since 2006. I had another blog under an alias before, and got harassed a lot with anonymous commentors all the time...I dropped it and began this one.

2. What made you start? The interest in reading other blogs.

3. Who inspired you? A longtime online friend, P J, at No Deep Thoughts [her blog/and her cat photos]

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? About two hours a day. [but that entails visiting other blogs also...not just posting on MY blog!] What's that equal? Where's my calculator.....2x7=14. Is that too much time?

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing? Other than the blog, and writing [emailing] complaints to companies and editorial letters to local newspapers....that's about it.

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? Memes, what I do during the week, news, politics, books, movies, craft projects, art, painting, holidays, shopping, day trips, photography, sometimes poetry...just about anything goes.

7. What or who inspires you and your blog? Me? Ya, I guess I'm the inspiration here...who else would it be?

8. Where and/or how do [you do] your brainstorming for your blog? The where would be here at my desk....the how is whatever is in my mind at that time.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? I try to keep it family friendly. 99% of the time at least.

10. Is there anything you will not blog about? I don't do religious speeches...Religion, like politics, is a personal thing. As it should be...but with the media and politicking, I can't go without commenting on THAT sometimes. But sharing my religious thoughts and MY OWN religion is out of the question. As I have on my sidebar, a quote....in so many words: Theocracy, and the trouble with it, is... too many want to be Theo. I leave my beliefs within my own heart; not preaching to others. BUT! I respect those that have religious blogs...it's their strength.

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Monday blogging is my 'free day'....I made a point lately to begin having that day for fun, nonsensical, ideas, thoughts --anything that I wanna chit chat about, without working on a meme. It's a quiet day then, for me...visiting only those that visit me. Very nice for the change of pace. I say, if I'm home, and have the ability...why not blog every day if possible. Besides, it's fun, it has enriched my life with visitors, a learning experience in not only the blog posts but learning a higher task of xhtml and CSS and much more. If I stop, I'm bored.



- - -<><><>- - -

UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS:


1. Furniture :: STORE
2. Beauty :: PARLOR
3. Sip :: through a straw
4. Block :: -ADE
5. Forehead :: BROW
6. Championship :: TROPHY
7. Hurl :: THROW UP
8. Whip :: -PER SNAPPER [whipper snapper]
9. Destruction :: RAZE
10. Leather :: JACKET






POSTED: Sunday, January 31st, 2010
4:55 A.M.






38 comments :

  1. #7 is right on! Who else will we be inspired with?LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Anni, thanks for dropping by, good answers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, interesting answers.
    Thank you for the welcome as I am new to blogging and still learning.
    I do enjoy it, especially as I am unemployed now thanks to the recession.
    Thanks,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting answers, anni.

    happy sunday to u:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your no. 10 - I did notice it on your posts :) The time I spend on my blog also includes leaving comments on others' blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Took me some time to get -ade :-) eventually got there

    ReplyDelete
  7. #8 is always trouble for me! Loved the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rajm LOL....yep, blockade. I'm all for Rhett...the infamous blockade runner. rofl

    ReplyDelete
  9. always so cute and intelligent
    Happy to see you always celebrate...this one i won't am afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting answers, Anni. I spend probably too much time here in blogland... mostly reading others. I just can't help it, what an interesting world here!

    I left you a little gift on my blog, whenever you have time to come by.

    Sending you warm hugs and wishes for a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found this very interesting. Maybe I'll consider writing a blog about my blogging. Very neat!

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 hours a day is just right. Thanks for the visit earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answers, loved #7.

    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice take! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sip :: Threw a straw? You have to explain that one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rayne I caught my typo...'threw'...changed it to through. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your answers. I think I'll do this one.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that quote about theocracy! ain't it the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi. I found you via Roxy. I enjoyed this. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No that is not too much time!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your answers are always interesting - especially when they're not tongue-in-cheek! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will come again!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anni.
    You're so right about religion and politics


    Have a great week.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/cheers-to-all-of-us-thieves.html

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anni.
    you're so right about religion and politics.


    Have a great week.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/cheers-to-all-of-us-thieves.html

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anni, the blogs lookin' good, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are an inspiration. You've got a great blog! Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Stealing and Mutterings.

    ReplyDelete
  28. it seems like it took me forever to get over here and say hello....I am now following and hanging on your every word!!!
    thanks so much for stopping in and saying hello....it is wonderful to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm amazed that you can work on your blog and do all your visit in just 2 hours a day, because I see that you visit a lot of people. I spend two hours a day just on my own blog. I guess I AM addicted!
    You are so right about religion, I'm not happy when one tries to push their religion on others.
    Great answers, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm amazed that you can work on your blog and do all your visit in just 2 hours a day, because I see that you visit a lot of people. I spend two hours a day just on my own blog. I guess I AM addicted!
    You are so right about religion, I'm not happy when one tries to push their religion on others.
    Great answers, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, only 2 hours a day? Clearly you aren't quite addicted, yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. you are really friendly :)

    http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2010/01/pretentious-blogging-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. i am having harass commentors too...anonymous commenters...we cannot really please anybody..some are spamming.... thanks for stopping by at mine

    ReplyDelete
  34. Another great post. : )

    ReplyDelete
  35. hello..you got interesting answers too! Thanks for droppin on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

.