my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Accentuate the Negative and you feel positive....I guess





Sunday Stealing:
The Negativity Meme
[oh my gosh! even tho this is really a negative meme today, it made me feel pretty darned relieved afterward, to get things off my chest! Sometimes it's called venting, and today was THE day!! This was b!tchin' paradise today...hehehehehe]
read on....



Foods which disgust the crap out of me: Most know I detest okra...but there's this too...The mud sucking, under the sea...... oysters!!!

TV show I loathe: Not a 'show' per ---The cable NEWS. So filled with hype of one subject and it goes on and on for days at a time. One time it was nothing but Michael Jackson, then it's over and over about the Christmas terrorist, then this...then that. And really, who cares about the 'oval office' job Clinton got from Monica from years past...or Tiger Woods' sex life...and all the other politicians' infidelities? It really never covers news anymore. And more so...one particular news station that rhymes with BOX...staffed by a LOT of HATE Mongers!!!

Movie I loathe: A lot of erroneous things in a movie actually...the historical errors mostly. For example: From prior to 1960, the old time westerns where they shoot from a 6 shooter a dozen times or more. without reloading...And we're supposed to believe this crap? I don't think so.

Music genres I loathe: RAP and Hip Hop.

Magazine which annoys me: All the check-out stands' tabloids.

Makes me cranky at restaurant: Loud, unruly children and the parents that try to be the kids 'best friend'. Just stuff a banana in their mouths and call it good! Shut 'em up already!!

Makes me cranky in public: Rude people. [for instance: the two that hog the grocery aisles, talking and chatting....I try to get their attention so they can move out of my way. To no avail. Then, to top that all off, they expect ME to say 'excuse me'...when they're hogging the way!!!----oh and what will really get me riled is when they say "I'll call you later"...what's up with that? Why don't they keep their chit chat for the phone?!!]

Makes me cranky in general: People using cuss words [all of 'em, but MORE SO the "F" word] for every other word in their speech! It's vile, and for me it shows...a lacking of any true vocabulary.

Pisses me off at home: Something breaking unexpectedly...like a hot water heater, or a huge, costly expense to get an appliance fixed.

Pisses me off at work: Don't work!

Pisses me off in general: Politics!! [In all fairness to the Republicans, I think that our honorable Mr. O in the oval office is making huge mistakes...like spending money we don't have, stuck in a campaigning rut...hey, Mr. O!!!----ummm, you won the election....start running the country!!] and TV!! [not necessarily in that order]

Makes me impatient at home: When I'm ready to go somewhere and Bud lollygags. Or visa versa...when Bud is ancy to go somewhere, and I'm not even close to ready.

Makes me impatient at work: Read my lips...D O N 'T W O R K!!

Makes me impatient in public: Slow traffic.

Celebrity I hate: Ha!! You have a couple of days here?

Music artist I hate: I'm sure there is one out there, but I can't think of anyone right now. The whole Jackson family comes to mind. To me, they're ------

I could care less about: Gossip!

Annoys the crap out of me weekdays: Boredom

Annoys the crap out of me weekends: Boredom

Blogger's habit that annoys you: Using the word verification. Why, I ask? It's the same as going in and deleting a comment from the already published comments that the blog owner doesn't like---the task aforementioned...deleting a comment would be considered the SAME as approving a comment to be published. It's just an extra step for their visitors that is VERY annoying. I've never had that feature enabled for myself...I think it's a good thing to disable that word verification altogether.

Feature on your blog you hate: Nothing. I'm happy with Blogger in general.

Movie star you despise: Angelina J!!!

Politician that you hate: Ha! Here again...got a couple of days? Dear Sarah comes to mind...but what gets me is there are people out there in this world that thinks she is adorable and can run the country from her Alaskan 'close to Russia' home!! Oh my goodness!!! Guess, technically, she isn't a politician any longer... How 'bout rephrasing the question to 'ex' politician?




Wow.....I'm breathless now. But boy howdy, that meme, whoever composed it, should know it was good. Was it as good for you as it was for me? Very therapeutic!!! You should try it. [just click on the Sunday Stealing meme button provided above and go for it...it'll do you a world of good....trust me.]





- - -<><><>- - -

UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS


1. Food :: Chain
2. Death :: Bed
3. Cafeteria :: Style
4. Need :: Y [needy]
5. Born :: Free
6. Stitch :: In Time [a stitch in time saves nine]
7. Badly :: Burned
8. Blocks :: Building
9. Chuck :: Connors [TV star from way long ago]
10. Spiral :: Notebook







POSTED: Sunday, January 24th, 2010
5:15 A.M.

29 comments :

  1. Wow - feel better? You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya!!! on this happy sunday!!!

    i gotta agree with your choice of 'news' and music genres. oh, and things breaking around the house. especially since they always seems to run in 3's....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, such a great way to have a rant isn't it, I really enjoyed doing mine this week Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. URRGGHH! Oysters - I had one once and I chewed the hellish thing. It is without doubt one of the most disgusting things I have ever had.

    Nice rant :-)

    Cheers

    PM

    P.S. Sorry about the word verification that almost certainly appears on my blog

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Good to see you get all this off your shoulders! I gotta admit, it did look like fun!.. But actually, I DID blow a little steam myself yesterday! (0; I wonder if there's been something in the air?.. something we ate?.. setting many of us in this negative mood swing? Well, whatever the case, I know I'M feeling o.k. about it NOW, once I got it off my chest! One thing I could very much relate to was the "rude people" in public! Oh, my patience does ware THIN in those instances! Why, oh WHY can't everybody just be NICE, like US?! (0; Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. We agree on the check out stand tabloids. What trash! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and a good Sunday Morning to you too! Ah, Chuck Connors. Now those were the days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wouldn't like it here in the South --- I've never seen so much Okra in my life! I don't even think it's sold in the stores where I am fron in NY. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I can almost feel your relief:D it's nice to vent sometimes:) thanks for visitng my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a very vocal kitty too; they're so much fun! Tahoe is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only two matches this week.
    Look forward to you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate word verification too, that's so useless and takes only time !
    I put comment moderation after one week. And if there is a spam, I just delete it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni- The last time I post the name of the princess, someone left a comment "foxtard". After I dried my eyes and picked my self off the ground, I adopted this word into my language. Oh, and btw, I was able to keep my kids under control when they were young, and I was challenged. That's why I am unsympathetic 99% of the time.


    Have a great Sunday.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/do-ya-wanna-own-part-of-google.html

    Join us for Monday Mayhem"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quick analysis I don't read anywhere about Mr O, I read here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll bet you feel better now:-). Enjoy the day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right about cable news...And I love to gossip...ROFOLMAO!!! But I don't do I? Hmmm lemme think LOL Love your Chuck Connors and Needy. I'd all but forgotten him :) Great answers and mutterings as usual :) Have a wonderful Sunday and there's a little something for you on my blog my dear sweet one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with so many of your answers. I had to smile at some of them because I feel the same way.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are SO together on Palin. A total moron. Happy Sunday, Anni...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great answers Anni!!! Especially the word verification... It really does nothing and like you say a pain in the BUTT and waste of time! Have a super day.

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am with you on the word verification. I had to do it on mine because I was getting spam comments and I couldn't figure out how to delete them. OH my Firefox sometimes is unfriendly that way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good answers. The grocery store makes me antsy because of the aisle hogs. I do have to say that I approve comments first, but I don't use the word verify. I approve only because it is too hard to locate the spam ones before they are already doing their damage. I don't want to advertise for any erectile dysfunction pills.

    Love the birds on your blog header. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm right with you on "Pisses me off in general". =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Annie you are too funny and so right on...most of the things you mentioned I have on my side bar ha ha!! I hate unruly kids the most and their parents that don't seem to notice...when I pay for a meal out I don't want to listen to your kid yelling and tossing broken crackers all over the floor...get a grip parents...
    I had a rather larger lady plow into me at Wally world yestersday and she acted like I was in her way...no I'm sorry that your old and I almost killed you ha ha!!Again too funny and I needed that today...Thanks Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loud, unruly children that are too spoiled to be disciplined really tick me off as well! I once went to a movie theatre and 2 children were fighting. The girl was just standing there and the boy was teasing her. She told him to stop and he poured his drink on her and threw the popcorn everywhere! Their mother just yelled a bit about the mess he made and then went to buy more! It's insane sometimes.

    I left something for you on http://littlelimerence.blogspot.com
    Keep up the good work with your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great answers! I loved doing mine, too. It does make you feel good to vent once in a while.
    I totally agree with you about rude people and people who swear.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i did not like okra and oyster before but now i learned to like it =)

    allaboutevamee
    yellownpink
    starbuckscitymug
    jazmeenyou

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni!! Venting is a good thing!! Keeps you from getting a ulcer!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL We obviously have differing views when it comes to Fox News and Sarah Palin! That's ok, though.... I loved reading your list! And I wish I would have thought about the screaming mimi children at the restaurant because nothing bothers the heck outta me more than parents who either A. Do nothing
    B. Make it worse by trying to be their friend! ARGH!!!!

    Have a great week, Anni

    ReplyDelete

.