“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






How Insulting!! - aka -A little Jab'lldoya


Click either button to Join


...but no offense taken-----
-----THURSDAY 13...

  • 1-I used to think that you were a pain in the neck. Now I have a much lower opinion of you.


  • 2-No, I don’t mind that you’re talking so much — as long as you don’t mind that I’m not listening.


  • 3-Save your breath. You’ll need it to blow up your date.


  • 4-Someday you’ll find yourself, and you will be just as disappointed as the rest of us.


  • 5-You say you’re a wit? Well, you’re half right.


  • 6-If there’s ever a price on your head, take it.


  • 7-I’ll never forget the first time we met — although, I’ll keep trying.


  • 8-Your entire purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.


  • 9-Do you still love nature, despite what it did to you?


  • 10-Now I know why some mammals eat their children.


  • 11-Oh my God, look at you! Was anyone else hurt in the accident?
      I look into your eyes and get the feeling someone else is driving.

  • 12-Sure, I’d love to help you out. Do you remember which way you came in?


  • 13-I’d like to leave you with a parting thought, but I’m not sure you have anywhere to put it.



  • - - -<><><>- - -



    THURSDAY THUNKS

    1. Isn't showing a condom commercial during Sex Rehab With Dr Drew almost like showing a pain narcotic or an alcohol commercial during Intervention?
      This is a simile by all standards. So, what's your point? What I'd like to know is why on earth would a school pick Trojans for a mascot?!!!
    2. Burger King and Ronald McDonald met Colonel Sanders in a dark alley. They beat him down for just serving chicken and not sharing his "11 herbs & spices". The Colonel goes down. Begs for his life. Where do they go to eat afterwards?
      As far as I'm concerned, the royal King should be deported and eat in Siberia somewhere! While on the other hand Ronnie just may try and fill some bigger shoes on Mars or somewhere out there...we ALL deserve a break today!!!
    3. You take a shower, go to leave the bathroom and the door is stuck. Due to humidity and moisture it won't budge. It will not open. No one else is home. You can't go out the window. How long do you sit in the bathroom and how do you occupy your time?
      Ha!! That's the exact reason I have tools of the trade. I have stuff I can work the hinges off the door. [no not what you're thinking!! geez] Instead of trying to pry it open around the sides of the door frame, work it open from the bottom where there is draft after the hinges are taken out. It'll work or my name isn't Anni! You say you've tried it and it didn't work? Well, then...I guess you won't want to look at the property I have for sale either, then, huh?
    4. You are a rockstar, but you need a cool rocker name. What is it and how did you decide on that name?
      I think I would relinquish this idea completely. Go for Country...and I'd be Rootin' Tootin' Scootin' Hootin' with my Six Shooter Shootin' ---picture THAT name on a CD!
    5. Have you ever gotten naked at a family function?
      Considering that it's now just the two of us...we have family functions!
    6. If purple ate yellow, what color would come out?
      Let me tellya here and now...it wasn't pretty!! And before I could find out what color it really was, I flushed it.
    7. The closest paper and pen to you right now. What color are they?
      Paper? Well, the closest to me is a comic strip so it's black and white and read red all over. Pen? It's black, feathery on top, and a Jack Skellington among the feathers...way cool!
    8. Corn chips or potato chips?
      Depends...if there is salsa handy it'd be Corn chips!! [Dorito style, not Fritos]. But if no salsa, it'd be potato chips. I can't eat just one tho.
    9. You are forced to swallow either a diamond or a piece of coal. Don't ask. Just do it. Which do you choose?
      Insanity! Total insane question. Whadya think I'd say, coal?...diamonds...I hear carats are good for your eyesight....Ehhhhh, What's up Doc? And like I said, I got tools! From Acme! I'll get that diamond after it's filtered thru!!
    10. If your mouse decided to attack your keyboard, who would win?
      Howard Cosell stepping up the microphone..."Good evening fellow keyboard enthusiasts!" "We're here to watch Anni's mouse in that corner." :::Cheers and jeers from the gallery of followers::: "And Anni's keyboard in the other corner." "It'll be the fight of the century or else, folks." :::Boos and hisses heard from the balcony::: "Round 1 coming right up; after a word from our sponsor..."












    "The only blind person at Christmastime is he who has not Christmas in his heart."
    ~Helen Keller










    POSTED: Thursday, December 10th, 2009
    12:01 A.M.

    33 comments :

    1. You totally crack me up, lol

      ReplyDelete
    2. OMG...family functions. LOL...that is just too funny :)And your number 2 is just brilliant. LOL. I love it :) You are very clever with your 13 as well. My favorite is 12 as well :) Great job and great quote as well. Have a wonderful Thursday :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. heee heeee heeee, no offense taken.

      love your 'star' name. mine i think would be..... v....

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the insults--especially #3. Hahaha...

      ReplyDelete
    5. I like the insults - I know some teenagers who would like them on t-shirts!

      ReplyDelete
    6. you're on fire here today girl- lots of fun..sandy

      ReplyDelete
    7. Sorry but I must be missing something or is this T13 a list of quotes about insulting someone?

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hazel Yep, it's a list of insults. You're not missing anything...your assumption is correct.

      ReplyDelete
    9. You do a great Cosell! Thanks for the laughs...

      ReplyDelete
    10. You're insane - and I love it! I actually did have a keyboard vs. mouse problem the other day. Bought new ones and every time I introduced the keyboard, the mouse stopped working, and vice versa. Jealousy perhaps? B : )

      ReplyDelete
    11. Anni,

      I love your sense of humor. It's always a fun day here on Thursday. LOL

      Sorry I missed yesterday's post but I've caught up now. I don't blame you for going to the beach to walk. It's absolutely beautiful.

      Have a great day. It's cold, windy and snowing here.

      Blessings,
      Mary

      ReplyDelete
    12. I like your 13 insults, but I really love your thunks. We had the same thought on purple eating yellow. Yuck! And #10 is priceless. I wonder how many of your visitors will have no idea who Howard Cosell is. I remember him most for Monday Night Football. I know his fav was boxing, but I've never been a fan of two guys standing there hitting each other. What's the point of that, anyway?

      ReplyDelete
    13. really carats are good for eyesight? heheh u always have great answers Anni! :) thanks for always droppin by!

      ReplyDelete
    14. GREAT list.

      Should have started with a disclaimer about drinking while reading.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I love #11 on your T13 list. As always a pleasure coming here.
      Happy Holidays!

      ReplyDelete
    16. The insults are great! And - I agree with you on the Burger King. He's pretty creepy anyway.
      PS - I love the Miller commercial on the side bar. It's a classy add!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Are you in a bad mood, this morning?

      I liked the answer to #5

      Mama Bear

      ReplyDelete
    18. Very charming TT, lol !

      ReplyDelete
    19. Amazing how many of those insults sent my mind into story land. I could write a book from some of them.

      ReplyDelete
    20. I am craving corn chips now...

      Love that quote!!

      ReplyDelete
    21. LOL ... too funny ;-)
      I needed a laugh so thanks!
      Hugs and blessings,

      ReplyDelete
    22. Based on your answers, I do believe you could right a self-help book for the rest of us. You are quick-witted, my friend.

      ReplyDelete
    23. LOL! I'm printing out the insults right now to keep on my desk for quick reference! :D

      ReplyDelete
    24. I truly enjoyed your Thunks. I really had to laugh at #6.
      Thanks for the smiles today.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Your Thursday 13 is too funny. By the way my high school mascot was a trojan.

      ReplyDelete
    26. This post was lots of fun!!

      ReplyDelete
    27. Your thirteen cracked me up. I must remember to show hubby.

      ReplyDelete
    28. So much better than my usual "I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."

      Happy Holidays!

      ReplyDelete
    29. Hello Anni
      Wow, you nearly *had me" there!
      When I began reading I thought,this is not like Anni, good thing I have never insulted her "GGG"
      But then I saw what it was, and I liked §1 and §13- OK -them all, You crack me up, as always-
      Here is a little Danish saying, since I know that you are familiar with a lot of the danish language now, and just so you don't forget it=
      Du er den Bedste!!
      Ruth/mutti

      ReplyDelete
    30. Those 13 insults are great. I have a boatload of people I'd like to use them on.

      Car Goes Boom

      ReplyDelete
    31. Love this week's Thursday Thirteen, LOL! My post was on Wednesday's blizzard.

      ReplyDelete
    32. OMG, you're T13 is hilarious! I thought I would comment on a favorite or 2 but they're all great. Thanks for the laugh. Oh, and your favorite holiday commercial is a favorite of mine as well.

      A happy holiday season to you!

      ReplyDelete
    33. Thanks for a great laugh! I will definitely be using some of you T13s.

      ReplyDelete

    .