my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Believe in What Your Heart is Saying.....



It seemed like forever for December to get here. I've been saving this post idea in my head for weeks now!! LOL A few posts back, I had an entry on Ruby Tuesday [red saw] that Bud had cut out the word "Believe" with his jigsaw from a piece of scrap lumber. At the time it was still all white. When he finished trimming and carving it out, he filed the letter openings on the "E's" and smoothed the others, adding a groove on the "fur" tassel of Santa's hat. When the filing work was done, he then sanded all the white paint from the old piece of shelving he used, off on both sides; front and back. It was from that point; when he finished, that it was now MY project to paint.The first step was to paint the entire word in red. I chose the color "apple red" with a flat finish. I allowed it to dry overnight so I could then add the white paint. The shade of white was "blanca". A pure, snowy white. Doing only a couple letters at a time, while the white paint was still wet, I sprinkled clear glitter on the wet, white, paint. Allowing it to dry and then moving on to a couple more letters until all done. I then did a pencil sketch of Santa's face on the letter "L" ---beard, eyes, nose, mouth, and furring trim on the lower brim of his hat. Painted the cheeks pink that I just mixed some of the white/red I had opened [from the two paint bottles above]....waited for the pink to dry and added two black eyes a nose and a little mouth. I took the black I had opened and painted a belt. Using plastic model paint, gold, for his buckle. With a small piece of wooden dowel, I stuck and glued a red jingle bell on the top side and drilled a small hole in the letter "i" for the dot! Using 'watered down' flat black paint I then used a thin brush to accent each 'crevice' to make the shadowing of each letter. Done!!!



- - -

...and now, I placed it on the living room's fireplace mantle with a bit of greenery and mini-santas and brass candle holders with the red and gold ornaments....










[the link shows Bud cutting the word out of wood & opens in a new window]


- - -

ALSO...NEW FOR THE SEASON!!
HOME 4 the HOLIDAYS.
Just click on this button



and it will take you to a
special page where you can
ADD your Blog Photo LINK
of your Holiday Decorated
HOME!!!!

or use this link







POSTED: Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
12:01 A.M.


44 comments :

  1. Awesome blog post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!
    come and visit my Tueday if you have the time!
    life's beautiful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni, it's gorgeous..you're ssoo clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great. You could sell those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe means “by life”—
    or so a wise one told me.
    By life comes great joy!

    My Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your BELIEVE Santa, so clever the 2 of you and the mantlepiece looks wonderful.
    Thanks for stopping by in Normandy today.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. my decorations certainly don't come close to yours. i suddenly have the urge to splurge on some, heee heee heeee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Ruby Tuesday!! You are so creative I like all your Christmas stuff. Nice story too -wink- Thanks for visiting me all the time I do appreciate it.

    MellowYellowMonday-Kayaking
    At my tabletop
    My Life’s Photo
    My Pride and Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative crafter you are! This decoration came out really well and your mantle looks lovely. I do remember the post with Bud cutting the word out of wood.

    I haven't done any decorating yet. But I will get to it!

    Happy Ruby Tuesday ~

    .

    ReplyDelete
  10. The finished product is really nice, Anni, I like it! You and Hubby work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe and great things on the post. Love the word. I just want to put it on my lawn.:-) Happy Ruby day

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been working very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks pretty decor Anni... Happy Ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You guys have talent and skill. Your mantel looks all ready for the holidays. Very artistic RT post. Enjoy the day...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so talented! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute decorations Anni RT is in full Christmas swing, and I like your xmas theme although the Halloween one was amazing you're very talented. The sparkling snow flakes are just right, not annoying and not to dim to see, maybe you should make themes and sell them?
    Happy RT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This "believe" is fantastic!! what a beautiful Xmas decoration, love it, love it!!
    You two are soooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow thats lovely Anni! you guys really did a great job! nice :)

    u may view mine if u have time

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christmas feelings ;-D. I like..

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job! It turned out really beautiful. Happy RT!

    My entries:
    A Simple Life
    Yummy-as-can-be

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully done. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni, that is so clever! Your husband is awfully good with that saw. The two of you have produced something that looks like it was done by professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omigosh, Anni, you and Bud did a fabulous job with Believe!! WOW! I'm very impressed that you were able to duplicate the one I bought so well and in fact make it even nicer:-) Well done, my friend!!!

    I love your "Home for the Holidays" idea and will leave my link once I make my post with my Christmas decor. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is just beautiful my friend. Something we all need to do not only during the holidays but year round. :) Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

    Rabbit, rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great sign and so imaginatively decorated! It must look so stunning in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I sent the link to your blog to my foster sister and her husband who works with wood and maybe would like this idea for something new to make. The "Believe" turned out so great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is beautiful (and I love your blog design). There are so many red photo opportunities this month, I keep looking around at my favorite ornaments and such!

    My RT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful job, I love your believe sign, so cute .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful decorations, lucky you with no 5 month old kitten around tearing up the house..lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my! That's a genius creativeness. You could earn a fortune. You and Bud are great partners for this enterprise for sure. They are so lovely, gorgeous, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an extraordinary work of craft your husband has performed, and it's also fitting well in with the other decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bee yoo tee fullll! You and Bud are blessed to have each other. And you, well you just amaze me! B : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. What's the old saying about Santa? "If you don't believe, you don't receive". Something like that! Yours is a lovely Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is a beautiful plaque!!
    the color is wonderful, a perfect shade of red
    what a great job!!

    I met a woman the other day with an unusual tattoo, I asked what the characters meant and she said "believe"

    seems a lot of believe is going around :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!! Good job, both you and Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your blog Anni.
    Love these letters, what a wonderful job you've made of them.
    Your fireplace looks out of this world, very, very nice.
    So cozy ooh, it's beautiful!
    Hugs and LOve Suex

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, that is cute, Anni. It is a bit of work to do it but its worth it. Your husband is very creative. It is really beautiful. And what lovely decorations you have on your living room fireplace. I love your candle holder too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Okay, where did my comment go. I commented on this early this morning.

    You and Bud did an awesome job with the Believe sign. You are both very talented. I had mentioned that you should do these throughout the year and sell them at a bazaar next Christmas. People would snap them up in the blink of an eye.

    Not sure what happened to the other comment. I had wished you and Bud a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  39. Everything is so pretty.......... Happy December girl...Keep it stress free......

    ReplyDelete
  40. That's so cute, you and your husband are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  41. How FESTIVE ;-)
    I love what you've done to your blog and to your home. I'm not sure I'll find time to do much decorating of either this year ... but I'll certainly enjoy dropping by to 'catch' the spirit of the season. Thanks for visiting Small Reflections.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi, Anni,
    Your blue Fenton glass centerpiece is gorgeous, and the little snowman and blue bulbs are perfect for it, too. Yes, we are only in the 30's here in Central Texas today with snow flurries from time to time. Brrrr. . . we are not used to this cold! I hope you have a cozy weekend and can stay close to the fire! Blessings to you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete

.