I talked Bud into paying the extra cost of seeing the newly released holiday movie, a Disney's Christmas Carol, with Jim Carrey this afternoon in 3D. Besides the fact that Jim Carrey did a stellar performance ...his many, many parts....let me tell you right now....my opinion of course, this movie isn't WORTH the money spent to have it produced!! Oh sure, it's still a favorite story for me. I love the idea of Scrooge becoming a nice man after the night's worth of ghostly appearances and all. Still, for me...it was a huge let down. The best part of the "3-D" action was the snow falling on my nose. LOL Scrooge's hand motions and the candles in 3-D was overdone!! As was the action segments of Scrooge falling and flying through the air....over done! They took a short story of classical proportion and made it into a bomb. Okay, so not really a 'bomb' per sé....it was just not as well performed and written as I had hoped. There is a sequence near the end that Bud and I totally disagree on. He liked it...I thought it was very close to being sinister. More Halloweenish than typical Disney. Even quite scary for those that would be of a young generation if you want my two cents' worth. Bud says "It's supposed to be sinister". No, I don't think so. LOLOLOL

I'd heartily say wait for it to come to video and rent this one. With the companies charging extra to have it viewed in 3D is a waste of money that could well be spent otherwise. Or perhaps go to the matinee when it's much cheaper!!

There are a few parts that are well done, don't get me wrong. But more-so it's just not Dickens' style. Oh, and there were 'comedic' parts too....NOT Dickens' style either. It truly is a movie not purely based on the book/story by Dickens.....too much Disney flair and not enough Old English. I guess that's what I'm trying to say. I don't know just how to critique this one....it's a puzzler.

The music was good. The closing credits' music was superb!! Sung by the famed Italian Tenor, Andrea Bocelli...the closing song, God Bless Us Everyone. Wow!!








POSTED: Friday, November 6th, 2009
2:35 PM
[photo of "Scrooge" courtesy of "net search for C C Posters"]





8 comments :

  1. Thanks for the heads-up. I hate to waste money. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I can save my money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know about this movie, but I got a shock when I opened your blog ! What a horrible face, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the extra cost for those 3D glasses. I won't be attending any 3D movies in the theaters anymore. I thought it was like Disney where they just give you the glasses to return after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, pooh-diddle. I wanted to see this in 3D but I guess I will wait.

    Silly Saturday #4 - Purdie Pyrate "The Pen's Mightier than the Sword"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thanks for the review. I don't understand why they think they have to remake the classics anyway.
    Mama BEar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up, although we will still have to spend for the 3D version since our girl has been waiting since we went to the train tour this summer and saw the preview. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete

.