my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


For Sunday memes...scroll down below this photo write-up


Yesterday was a very nice day. Cool in temps. Mild breezes. A perfect Autumn day. Bud and I left home to go for a walk around the Hazel Bazemore Park in Calallen Texas [just a few minutes drive north west of Corpus] where it's 'world renowned' for Hawk watching. When we got there, it was early morning. A mist was rising up over the ponds....but we didn't walk long...the mosquitoes were VERY nasty! I'm sure it had a lot to do with the nearby river and it's slow moving water always....I took a few pictures, and to our dismay not much bird activity what-so-ever. We saw not ONE hawk. Maybe it's too early for their migration. Or perhaps the time of day was the determent...the hawks may have filled themselves up with their prey and were sleeping it off somewhere....who knows. We'll try and go back later in the migrating season again. What we did do afterwards was spend most of the day at the county fairgrounds! I'm gonna try and get some photos up off the camera in a day or two and into the card reader so I can upload them here on my blog. As this photo shows, the park is filled with several bird watching platforms with an area to sit with your binoculars and watch birds. Many small ponds are down below this particular platform...and the river is off in the horizon about three or four city blocks--- We didn't get back home 'til late in the afternoon and I didn't even reboot the computer again 'til now....which was a nice change of pace for me and my computer addiction. LOL--------



- - -<><><>- - -





SUNDAY STEALING this weekend is the 2nd part from last week's. Here goes....


26. What color is your watch? I have several...leather [brown] gold and silver ---even a cameo necklace watch that opens like a pocket watch.

27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? Movie....Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

28. Would you strip for money? No.

29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? Both....mostly drive thru to take it home.

30. What is your favorite number? Don't have a 'favorite'....but my lucky number seems to be five. Most everything in my life has a '5'.

31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? Can't remember, I don't use the phone but maybe once every so often.....

32. Any plans today? Football....and EAT!!!! Sunday's, I snack all day long.

33. In how many states have you lived? [This question is PERFECT English...I LOVE it!!!] Four

34. Biggest annoyance right now? weight

35. Last song listened to? Ending credit song in movie theater

36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? If you gimme time.

37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Yes...ME!!! And I'm underpaid.

38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Black sandals....and brown leather open 2 inch heel sandals. But to be honest, I'd much rather go barefooted.

39. Are you jealous of anyone? No...what's the point?

40. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of...

41. Do you love anyone? Yes.

42. Do any of your friends have children? Yes

43. What do you usually do during the day? Computer, yard work, walking, read, house work...and then computer again if I have time.

44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? No

45. Do you use the word hello daily? Not really, it's usually "Good Morning" or some such salutation when I chance upon someone.

46. What color is your car? Red

47. What size wedding ring do you wear? Dunno....I've had it on for 4 decades.

48. Are you thinking about someone right now? Ya...the person who made up these questions now that you asked.

49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes

50. How did you get your worst scar? Surgery.



- - -<><><>- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS...

1. Alarm :: System
2. Guest :: Room
3. Worm :: Gummie [Worms]
4. Puppies :: Kitties
5. Honor :: Roll
6. No! :: I said!!
7. Stomach :: Ache
8. Counter :: Top
9. Waffles :: 'n' Syrup
10. Plates :: Forks





POSTED: Sunday, November 8th, 2009
5:20 A.M.





16 comments :

  1. What a beautiful place for bird watching. Too bad the only thing flying was the mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wear watches. I make them stop.

    Sunny Sunday #5 - Paper Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, i laugh at your # 48. :) and i have weight problems but am not annoyed with it. i just let it be. hehehe

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good MOrning Anni... To bad there were so many mosquitos at the park. It looked like a wonderful place to explore. And as always great answers to the meme... You always have good comebacks. Have a super football day!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this, as I always do. I look forward to your Sunday post. Sorry that you didn't get to see the Hawks. We sometimes count them when we're on a road trip. In this area, you usually see them sitting on the electric or telephone wires along the roadway.
    I'm going to try and load the anniversary header, today.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni!
    I know- Sundays are for football and eating :)


    Be sure to join us for Monday Mayhem
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My maid service is also underpaid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be sweetly blessed dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sundays are PERFECT for grazing all day.

    glad the mosquitos didn't carry you away!

    MJ of Dirty Little Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm... five is lucky!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    How nice that you and Bud were able to get out to the beautiful wetlands area. I wish you had been able to see the hawks. Our mosquitoes have given up for this year, but millions of ladybugs, the orange ones, have been flying around. They are everywhere on these sunny autumn days.

    Enjoyed your Sunday Stealing and Unconscious Mutterings. Hope you and Bud are having a relaxing day. Dwight's been watching football.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad, no bird and only mosquitoes :( The place looks nice by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, sweetie! i missed the thursday thunks but just posted my this one...i like your answers...and your word associations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We both think of the same thing on #27... kinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your answers and I enjoy reading your blog hope you won't mind if I add you in my links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even there wasn't any bird I still bet you had a wonderful walk.
    I notice leaves are still on the tree are pretty well naked.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete

.