my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Clicking Spoons & O Holy......





SUNDAY STEALING



1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. ---you mean 'famous'?
    1949 - Bernard Gallacher, British golfer
    1949 - Janet Issaca Ashford, writer
    1949 - Judith Light, Trenton NJ, (Angela-Who's the Boss, 1 Life to Live)

2. Where was your first kiss?
    4th grade...from Bobby!! [on the school playground!] I know, slutty, huh?

3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why?
    Not that I recall. But remember, I have three brothers...I probably hit them on a dare when much younger.

4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When?
    Yes, church...Christmas Eve Pageant.....I sang solo....O Holy Night [at age of 16]

5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex?
    I really, to be honest, think it depends on my mood...I like eyes sometimes, then butts other times, or even the way they dress. But....Ahem.....the WHOLE package! I check ALL out.

6. What really turns you off?
    Foul language!!!! If people would only realize that it's degrading to their intelligence.

7. What is your biggest mistake?
    In life, I don't think I made any HUGE mistakes...really. I'm happy and content...even if there were mistakes made...they were never "BIG" ones.

8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
    OMGawd...that's Munchausen's Syndrome---and, working with Psychiatrists for over 10 years, I've seen this and what harm some have done....NO!! I wouldn't even remove a sliver if I didn't have to worry about blood infection from the sliver!

9. Say something totally random about yourself.
    I'm craving green stuffed olives right now!

10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
    Yes...in teasing tho. At least I think.

11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
    I like the Ice Age Movies, and Shrek, and the seasonal 'kiddie movies'.

12. Are you comfortable with your height?
    How can I not be?

13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
    Carved a heart in a tree with our initials. Oh, and Red Roses ---lots of 'em at a time

14. When do you know it's love?
    For me, it felt right...

15. What's something that really annoys you?
    Right now? It's more like "Who" really annoys me...and it's The Going Rogue Princess from Alaska [and the news coverage of said Princess]



- - -<><><>- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS


1. Marathon :: Runner
2. Debt :: National
3. Turn :: Around
4. Image :: ry [imagery]
5. Sofa :: Nap [as in sleep, not the texture]
6. Envelope :: Please [as in Award Shows]
7. Cart :: e Blanche [carte blanche]
8. Process :: ed foods [processed foods]
9. Question :: Answer
10. Rumor :: Has it




- - -<><><>- - -

Yesterday, we left early for the annual King's Ranch Ranch Hand Breakfast. We were in doubt whether we should even think about attending this year 'cause of the heavy, sometimes torrential, rains we've been getting recently. Just Friday, our town received a whopping 4.75 inches within a 12 hour period. Some areas close by got up to 9 inches in a day. I had visions of getting the car stuck in the mud and mire on the ranch fields where they make us park...but then again, I had sweet dreams of some of the handsome young virile cowboys on horseback pulling the car out and rescuing me. LOLOLOL. We went; and we had a fun time. The food was great. Visiting is so worthwhile. We ended up spending about 3 and half hours there, listening to the C W music, eating, watching some of the 'hands on' exhibits, the calf roping event, and checking out the Texas Longhorns, the horses, [we even saw a brood of wild turkeys], donkeys, and walked about a mile or so up a road and found a beautiful pond...Took lots and lots of pictures that I'll probably make into a slide show soon. But, I'll do that when I have a lot more time...because of the holiday fast approaching, I will not even consider working on uploading the photos to the computer from the camera chip until the kitchen is cleaned up from our Thanksgiving dinner. So, if you're interested, come back sometime next week.....after Thanksgiving [typing this with fingers crossed]









POSTED: Sunday, November 22nd, 2009
4:30 A.M.

King's Ranch Brand, the "Flying W" courtesy of Wikipedia

18 comments :

  1. aaaw anni, i love your romantic thing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, great answers! We have somewhat same answer on the 2nd before end, cool!

    here's My Mutteringss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. liked the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Annie and Happy Sunday...
    I have many things to do today, but could not start my day without stopping by for my dose from Annie.

    Now aren't you just full of surprises. Things I didn't know. That was fun to read. You've sang a solo? OMG you are so brave, I would never have the nerve to get up in front of a crowd of people and sing, my husband is always giving me a hard time about my singing. I am afraid I was not blessed with the chords of an angel.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the ranch. How fun that would be. Nothing like a good old fashioned BBQ. Best food, great company, and many laughs have been had at a BBQ.
    Can't wait to see the pics.

    Have a beautiful day sweetie. I am off to work on the living room today. Stop by and say hi. I so love to have the company. Country hugs..Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how it's either feast or famine with the precipitation??

    Regarding foul language - I remember reading this and totally understanding it when I was a young teen - "Swearing is the attempt of a feeble mind of express itself forcibly." So true. I never can understand why adding filthy language to a movie should draw a crowd - does the lack of it offend them like the addition of it offends me. They totally lose me!

    Wish I could hear you sing "O Holy Night!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again - how can it possibly be a year already since you did that breakfast at the ranch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool postings as always! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ranch hand breakfast sounds like a lot of fun, Anni. I glad the weather let up and you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anni--- you shouldn't write answers like #15 when you know people with full bladders will be following you. Did you hear about that stop in Indiana?

    Have a great Sunday.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/has-anyone-ever-said-you-looked-like.html

    We'd love to have you join us for Monday Mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!!!!! I sang O Holy Night solo at church when I was 16! Twinkies!!!!!! EXCEPT....... Going Rogue Princess is my hero...... We can still be friend and differ!

    Love the list .. I even went and looked up the famous people that share the same birthday with me....... Lots of composers, poets and authors...... Maybe I SHOULD consider that book that I am always talking about writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFL at "sltty"! 4th grade? I don't think so. :) Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL..The Going Rogue Princess from Alaska. That is just too funny. I can barely remember yesterday let alone 4th grade LOL. Great answers my friend. :) Great mutterings and the breakfast sounds like a good time. Have a great Sunday and week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, I'm glad you and Bud got to go to the breakfast at King Ranch. I'm sure it would be a great time. I'd love to go one day.

    Enjoyed catching up. Somehow, once again, I got behind in visiting with you.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed this post sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, you and Bobby kissing in 4th grade, tsk tsk tsk! hehe I remember playing spin the bottle in 5th grade and being told I had to kiss one of the boys...ewwwwwwwwww!!! lol I agree with you, foul language turns me off as well. I use to know this guy that would say the "F" word every second word in a sentence and omigod it drove me nuts. Also agree with you on that last one...ugh!!!!

    How fun that you were able to attend the King's Ranch Ranch Hand Breakfast again this year. I remember you telling us about it last year and I know it's something I would really enjoy as well. Love my country music:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Anni,
    Your cardinal vase is very pretty! I also loved the kitchen set. I love cardinals, too. In fact, I watched them eat some sunflower seeds I put out this morning in my backyard feeder. It sounds like you all had quite a feast for Thanksgiving. We did, too. Thank you so much for coming by Bunny Cottage for a visit. Blessings to you! Vicki (another Texas gal!)

    ReplyDelete

.