my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out







'ho boy!!! I'm in my element now....Sunday Stealing this week is ALL 'WEENY!!! Goodie, goodie....happy days are here.....Let's begin, shall we? [I'm thinking this is going to be an easy meme or one very difficult one for me...I'll soon find out.'


[photo is my newest witch for my collection. She's small...and sitting in a bowl!! Her body is a combination of ceramic and soft sculpture]




1. WITCH What is your favorite written work of horror fiction? I love 'em all!!! I can't just pick one. There is poetry by Poe, there are written works of horror films, classic literature....I drink 'em up like fine wine.

2. WITCH What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy? More difficulties for me....would the movie JAWS [the first one] be science fiction? E.T. The first ever Star Wars maybe. Jurrasic Park, Godzilla, King Kong [the one with Jessica Lange], Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Amityville Horror [the first one], K-Pax, Men in Black [the first one], I Robot. etc. etc. etc. On television, I really liked Twilight Zone, ALF [funny]....again, oh so many. And in Literature, my newest addiction is Gregory Maguire's fantasies of the characters in Wizard of Oz coming to 'life' ---as in his first work, "Wicked".

3. WITCH Who is your favorite monster? I like the story of Medusa. She was extremely creeping me out, and the Phantom of the Opera.

4. WITCH What is your favorite Horror movie? The Trilogy of Terror....the best one of the three is the last one...the Zuni Doll [I loved it so much I begged Bud to carve me a doll from wood...he did, and I still have it.]. Photo of carving, I've posted before many many moons ago]

5. WITCH What horror movie gives you the most chills? Besides #4? Well, Wrong Turn is really creepy!! Again, the 1st one...why do they always have to make sequels? I liked Cujo too...but I know it by heart so it doesn't give me chills any longer. OH!!!!!! And I almost forgot...a really OLD made for TV movie with the late Dennis Weaver....called The Duel....about an old ugly sinister looking semi truck. Still creepy.

6. WITCH What character from any horror film would you most like to play? Let's see....how 'bout "Going so soon? I wouldn't hear of it. Why my little party's just beginning. "....."I'm melting, I'm melting!!!" Can you guess. Actually I don't think I'd like to be any character...it's too much [more] fun WATCHING than BEING. Or, I'd love to have been Christine Daae, just for the fact of the 'behind the scenes, love story'.

7. Freddy or Jason? Neither...didn't care for these at all.

8. WITCH What is your favorite Halloween treat? The ones that are FREE --and my own personal treat is decorating the house!!!

9. Ghosts or goblins? Ghosts [but what's the difference? Guess a goblin is nasty always, and then there are friendly ghosts, right?]

10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one? SCARY....evil....downright spooky!!

11. WITCH What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal? Our Black Cat, Tahoe. The first year we were living here in this house, she made both Bud and me have hair standing straight up! Seriously...she howled like a ghost/witch the night of Halloween of all nights. She was laying in front of the patio doors...it was night...dark....and she saw another cat in our yard...and let out a growl that would make a poltergeist run away!!!

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Not really....not until I encounter one at least...then, come back and ask me. And why not?----like I said, 'cause I've never met one yet.

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? HA! What a choice....I guess Psycho...I'd like to own Bates Motel with all it's history....oh come on!!!-------it's all in the spirit of Halloween!!!

14. Favorite Halloween costume? Need you ask? WITCH!!! Of course.

15. Best thing about Halloween? EVERYTHING imaginable!!!!! Beginning in my house, October 1st and it runs through to November 1st.

16. WITCH Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? Oh my....it's Irene, my daughter. The last time we talked on the phone...about a month ago....she told me she had her Halloween decorations out and around her house....IN SEPTEMBER!! And I thought I was bad.

17. Are you superstitious? NO. [tossing salt off my left shoulder]

18. Share an unusual Halloween story. Don't have one except for the one I just mentioned above, in question #11. GAWD....that still sends chills up my spine thinking of it all....it was a heckuva night to have that happen in a new environment and new home....dang.

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid? Stayed out of trouble if I could. Had fun...T P'd homes, carved pumpkins, trick 'r' treated, held parties, attended parties, told ghost stories over camp fires, you name it,.....I've done it.

20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended? ALL of 'em!!! It's the spirit of the season....they were ALL fun in their own way.


Films from above mentioned:

CUJO




WRONG TURN




THE DUEL




TRILOGY OF TERROR
[the doll! If you watch this 'trailer', you'll see how close Bud came to the real thing]







Around our family, they don't call me Queen of 'Ween for nothing. LOL And for tomorrow's post here @ 'Weenie Anni's, I am going to take you along on our walk thru an historical burial grounds here in Corpus. Stay tuned....




- - -<><><>- - -

MUTTERINGS...

1. Redskins :: vs. Eagles
2. Show :: n Tell
3. Smoker :: 's Lungs
4. Bad movie :: B movie
5. Play :: Doctor
6. Jaguar :: Car
7. Click :: Cluck
8. Production :: Stage
9. Sand :: Stone
10. Foreign :: Film






POSTED: Sunday, October 25th, 2009
4:50 A.M.

28 comments :

  1. Great answers. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni
    Love your Halloween decor for your blog, enjoy my visits to your blog always so interesting to read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had so much fun with today's SS, and I had fun reading your answers. I thought of Poe too. I like his The Raven. Even his Annabel Lee sounded a bit scary. And I thought of the Phantom of the Opera exactly when I answered no. 3, but decided on Frankenstein as he sounded gorier and scarier to me. You're right it's all in the spirit of halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new witch!!.. But that Zuni doll is scaring me!! (0; Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just knew this one was for you as soon as I saw it! Great answers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Trilogy of Terror! That little doll was CREEPY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like 'Play Doctor'! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinkin' Hootin' Anni likes witches.....:)

    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/freddy-or-jason.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the 'n Tell' - Wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the horror film clips :-). I, not knowing what treats you would have in store for us, came to the computer with a glass of tomato juice. The blood red juice and the clips were all I needed to give myself a case of the heebie jeebies. Now I'll spend the rest of the day looking over my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was a little girl, that doll in Trilogy of Terror absolutely scared me to death!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another POE fan! When you read Poe, you have to do it SLOOOWLY... with the voice of Vincent Price in your head. Oh so creepy.

    and... Duel was great! My Dad was a truck driver, so that creeped me out even more.

    Happy HAUNTING!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JohnOh yes....Vincent Price, none other!!! [And I liked to hear Richard Burton read Shakespeare]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Staying out of trouble is always good. ;)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh sand stone - of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, I'm guessing from all of that, that you enjoy Halloween just a wee bit :D Wanted to be brave and click on the film links ..... but then embraced my Mouse side and ran away :P :)

    Happy Halloween week

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg I forgot about The Duel! That truck is so creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yeah, this one was definately for you! happy sunday anni!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Wicked as well! Great answers! I can tell that you really enjoy this season!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember Duel. That so creeped me out that I was nervous every time we went anyplace an evil truck was going to show up and kill us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anni, I saw Duel at the cinema, yep, that was a good one. Didn't really take this meme too seriously but if you have time to drop by you'll be welcome

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhhhhh you ARE in your GLORY DAYS this month, aren't you!? The place looks good - and I see you're enjoying yourself! You know... I don't care for ANY of the Halloween stuff - and have only decorated this year for Luz and Jientje! YOU have FUN - especially Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    Loved reading all your answers to Sunday Stealing. I never cared for Freddy or Jason either. I'm not as into Halloween as you are, but it's a fun time of the year.

    Looking forward to your photos of the cemetery. I was just telling Dwight the other day that we should take a walk in the oldest cemetery in town. There are even former slaves buried there.

    Hope you had a great day. Enjoy the upcoming week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so you my friend. LOL. I love them all. I don't have a favorite question this week to go off on ROFLMAO. And your Play Doctor...I'm dying of laughter :) Have a great Sunday and a Wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't watch scary movies. I get nightmares.

    Book Review #4 - Drood

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved Trilogy of Terror! That was one tenacious knife wielding little doll. Thanks so much for reminding me of him. (And poor Karen Black)

    ReplyDelete

.