Click either button to Join
[these questions are by regulars over at Thursday Thunks. I kinda figured they'd all be used at one time or another, that's why I didn't answer any of them the first go-'round]
1. Bud [not MY Bud tho! LOL]- What type of meme question is the hardest? Questions that make me thunk too long. My thunker gets tired easily...like this question, I'm now reminded of Rodin's "Thunker" statue. Ohhhhhh, the pain of thunking.
2. Smart Cent's Mom- If you could be any person living or dead, who would you be? See? This one would be considered to be in the 'hardest' category. It's making me thunk too long. I can't say anyone specific tho...there are too many out there that could be answers. I thunk it would hafta be a genius tho. I like seeing my name in print....therefore I blog! That's about all I can muster this morning...
3. Thom- You accidentally bump into someone at a store and you apologize. The person you bumped into says no problem and you notice food stuck in their teeth. What do you do? Keep on walkin'! On my merry o' way. I don't know this person, do I? Well dang, I guess I wouldn't say anything even if I DID know 'em. But it would remind me why I was at the store; to remember toothpaste, mouthwash and floss.
4. Captured Memories- "Do you ever shed a tear when you poop?" First... Why is this one in QUOTES and the others aren't? I'm almost tempted to play doctor here and tell Kimber [I just know she answered yes to this! It explains her ailment.] <--kidding--->that this is more than likely WHY YOU HAVE A MIGRAINE...poop and tearing up...lordy that's a sign you're using your head to poop. Stop doing that and call me in the morning!
5. Mejis- If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, it's still a tree, right? Yep, a fallen tree that no one witnessed falling...trust me, I know. Been there, saw that. And it's not necessarily a log now, either...it could still be alive and growing. I've seen that happen also.
6. Tosin- What is something you have said to someone that you wish you could take back? LOL...well now, I still think of this horrendous slip of the tongue. After many many years!! My oldest brother is very much overweight...I, one time, really liked his shirt he was wearing, and I asked him [wanting to ask him where he got it but instead...] "Where did you get that fat?" Seriously. I was tongue-tied...didn't know whether to apologize or run for cover!!! He got a big laugh out of it...I was totally embarrassed and even forgot to apologize. This was years ago, and I still remember that day...I was mortified!
7. Annie's home- not feeling very creative here so I will ask if you were in the Big Brother house how would you play the game? Hey, for once I don't live under a rock...I KNOW THIS ONE!!! But, sorry...I don't watch it. And I certainly wouldn't want to live in my OWN Big Brother house. You ARE asking about the TV show, right? Dang, now I thunk of another Big Brother house and that's the organization that matches kids with big brothers/sisters. Oh dear. I'll go crawl under that rock now.
8. Meandering Matt- Mac (which is still a PC (personal computer) in my opinion) or PC (Microsoft)? Never had a Mac. Except for the BIG MAC with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on a sesame seed bun. I've heard so many good things about a Mac tho...no viruses right? Cool!
9. Living Dead Nurse- Do you think Jay Leno’s show should be cancelled? 'Nother TV question!! I don't watch much but sports or movies, so I really can't answer this one...Is Jay Leno a Big Brother perhaps? Nah...I still wouldn't live with HIM either. As far as cancellations...I think COMMERCIALS should be axed! Anybody with me on that thunker?
10. Dixie Chick- I LOVE VICTORIA SECRET PANTIES AND THEY ARE THE ONLY KIND I WEAR. JUST BOUGHT 5 NEW PAIR THE OTHER DAY. 2 BLACK, 2 RED AND 1 PURPLE. THEY ARE ALL FRESHLY WASHED AND READY TO WEAR. MY QUESTION IS.....WHAT SIZE BRA DO I WEAR...? What? No Visuals? Thirty two bees just flew by...is that an omen? Well, my Bud just said answer this this way..."I'll take a stab in the dark"...Sure, I say...typical male answer!!! Don't you think? Stab indeed...more like a "Shot" in the dark if you want my visual!
11. And finally one by Kimber (just so you don't think I am too lazy)- There is a rattlesnake living behind the warehouse my husband's company just moved into, tarantulas in our side yard, scorpions all around at night and coyotes howling and running down the street in front of our house. So what color sheets will you want on your bed when you come to visit me? The rattlesnakes [yes, I say snakes...plural...if there is ONE there are hundreds...] they would definitely keep me away...so save yourself the chore of doing laundry...I'm not coming near your place.
- - -<><><>- - -
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
- 1- Tahoe is a Washoe Indian word, generally believed to mean "Big Water" or "Big Blue".
- - -
Then, our other kitty, Winston. Of course I can't forgo this post without seeing just what Winston is, and 'nationality':
- 2- The meaning of the name Winston is "joyful stone". This name has been derived from the Old English surname Wynnstan. The name Wynnstan changed from a personal name to a place name in the middle ages. The name Winston has a few variants like Win, Winn, Winsten, Winstonn and Wynstan.
- - -
3- Annie [tho I don't have the 'e' on my name, it's still the same in explanation:
- "Annie means full of grace, easy to love, mercy, harmony, and full of favour. There are different origins, depending on full name. Annie, Ann, anna, and Annaeg are all Hebrew."
- - -
4- Bud? That's gotta be 'short' for something I imagine. Hold on, I'll go see in Google if there is anything on my dear man...be right back!
- Here [link #16 definition] is what it said: "Bud is a English boy name. The meaning of the name is `Friend` Where is it used? The name Bud is mainly used In English.See also In English: Buddy (M) From Old English. Bud doesn`t appear In 2007`s top-1000 name list.The last time Bud appeared In the top-1000 was 48 years ago, In 1960."
Then, of course my two kids --Irene and Erik.
- 5- Irene is: Greek, meaning Peaceful
6- Erik is: Honorable Ruler and it's Scandinavian of course...with the "K" or the "C", I'm sure. I chose the "K" version 'cause of the Phantom of the Opera...he, I fell in love with long ago.
7- And of course, Irene is my mom's name also. [see #5]
8- My dad's name in Alexander, it's Protector of Mankind and also Greek in origin. Both my grandsons are named after grandfather's [Irene's grandfather and Dan's father, but she chose to have their namesakes...middle names]...
9- Clint, "Town on a hill" - Old English.
10- And, FINALLY!!! An offspring that actually has an Irish Gaelic name...Dillon, my youngest grandson....his name means: Fatithful.
Bud's parents are
- 11- Lee: Old English meaning sheltered from the storm
12- Helen: Light and Greek in origin.
13- Lastly, my blog's Name...Hootin' Anni's. It's derived from the word Hootenanny*, meaning: An informal, festive performance by folk singers, often including audience participation with the use of acoustic instruments. According to the *LINK here, it's of Scottish origin. [That's close to Ireland. LOL]
Perhaps you can find your name meaning and origin....HERE
POSTED: Thursday, October 8th 2009