“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







click either button to join
List of 2009 Photo Hunt themes by the week

For Photo Hunt this week, the category is "TIED" Not tide, but tied. I could probably use this photo for both....tide and tied! Right? The tide is in. hehehehe Okay, so this photo was taken on one of our weekly walks along the Marina in town and it shows that there are some old tires [not all] TIED to the pilings [or pylons] on the pier. [you can see the line used to tie them on the pylon just to the right off the pelican's right side] Now, my dear man, being a Navy dude from long ago tells me that those tires are not tires anymore...they're called 'fenders'. And of course, the rope is called a 'line'. I ask you, why don't they just call 'em as we see 'em? And the boats and yachts in the background are also TIED to their respective bollards.





- - -<><><>- - -


For Camera Critters...






The little booger is stealing my PECANS!!! See it stickin' outta his mouth as he descends from the tree? The little snitch!!!

















So now, he's playing hide n seek....see 'im in the leaves...laying on a branch just as pretty as he pleases? Reminds me of "Where's Waldo"








...and he knows I'm out there looking to find him hiding! He sat up and posed for this one, while on the branch. I'm thinking he was thinking that I'd go away and leave him at his looting if he'd sit still long enough for me to click it ----











POSTED: Saturday, October 24th, 2009
4:40 A.M.

40 comments :

  1. haha. lovely sail boats. thks for dropping by.

    I hope to start my own family and generations some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos and funny comments. Beauuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni! Thanks for your comment on my 'tied' picture ;)
    Yours is also great! love the picture!
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your tide/tied pic with the bird as a focus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pier... love the pelican sitting there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful takes on both the themes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - I didn't think of boats being tied. I love the bird perched on the post - it makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do so love pelicans. They are just a funny looking bird but I still like them. I am envious that you live so near the water!

    Come see my cozy tied photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure that's a pecan and he's not sticking his tongue out at you? Great pics. B : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot for tied/tied, love the pelican!!
    Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that pelican shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And what is the bird in the first photo called? ;b

    ReplyDelete
  13. YTSL The bird is a brown pelican

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice pier with beautiful pelican sitting there. happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the marina shots for your "tied" theme. I didn't even go to the marina thinking of "tied". I was more interested in reflections, when, suddenly there it was! Wow! Perfect opportunity not to be missed! Your pelican is superb. I love those birds! Aren't squirrels clever and they can run away with the goods so fast! Love it! I loved your posts! Fun Fun Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PhotoHunt is weird. Here you have this great picture with wonderful lines. Seriously, we're talking post card material here. And I'm busy searching it for knots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that tied/tide pun! My husband is a sailor so he knows how to tie all those complicated-looking nautical knots. I usually leave the knot-tying to him :)

    BTW My PhotoHunt entry is up, hope you can drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol@ the tied-tide wordplay =] stay loose and relaxed this weekend =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pelican shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos, I like the pelican shot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The squirrel looks yummy! Not so sure about the pelican...

    And yes, my human also gets annoyed by the way I consider everything as potential meals.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Anni,
    wow your blog is so cool my friend, I loved this template and all details here!
    Your photo hunter is outstanding as well and I loved this little cute critter.I don't know what are pecans.... :(
    Happy camera critters
    purrs and love
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  23. A double "tied/tide" picture! Good thinking!!!

    We love your little comment witch!!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are little stealers for sure!
    I posted one of my little friends last week stealing my walnuts.
    Round The Bend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi - we love your halloween themed page! That is a cheeky little squirrel - but we understand as we like to go where we know there's food too, he he! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How clever for tied. Well done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice shots, squirrels are cheeky aren't they. I like your halloween motif, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pelican picture and squirrels are such fun to watch.

    Silly Saturday #4 - Purdie Pyrate's Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  29. so, there're are different terms for nautical about line and pylons/fenders. I like the big bird standing on top of that wood. That booger seems so busy with his find on that tree, there must be a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your entries Ms. Annie, combination of tied and tide hehehe... Your critter is pretty sneaky!

    My PH can be found here

    My Camera Critters here

    ReplyDelete
  31. So what are the odds that we both chose sea birds and pylons for the TIED theme? Great minds, I tell ya... That's the only eXplanation. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. aaaah, the buffet nature offers the feathered creatures...

    and yes, i too have asked why if something is a rope does it have to have another name... ah well, the delight of the language right?!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Another great nautical shot for this week's theme.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great take Anni.. and the pun I thought of for a moment! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really great photos! Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful harbor!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's a new scenery. We don't have such scenery here. Thanks for dropping by. Was out if Internet connection last week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tide and tied...excellent! Nice photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh yes, you could have used the photo for tied or tide...but not TIDE, the detergent. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

.