my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


*The NEWEST Halloween Treat is now on my side bar--------


As for any given Monday...this is my usual way of blogging for now. No memes, just thoughts, happenings, life...and today it's POLITICS that come across strongly [I really enjoyed reading all the comments left for me this past Friday regarding his winning the Nobel Peace Prize too!!!] . I've worked on my blog entry for a few days. I've typed, edited, condensed and worked long hours on how to come across without being derogatory; at least after condensing it. I'm appalled by our country's citizens mainly, and this is my RANT! [my post is long!]---------


Regarding the Political Scene. First and foremost, I'm sorely wrung out and tired with our own citizens. Years ago, I predicted that our lives would become a huge upheaval because of our capitalistic lifestyle --for too many years we Americans have lived a distinctive, yet degrading way of living. We've carried ourselves to this point, and I knew it would come to this eventually. Yet, I still don't like what I see, what I know, what I have witnessed recently.

Now, everyone that frequents my blog knows I voted the Democratic ticket this past November [2008]. Thing is, I have to remember that during the eight years past, our newly elected president has inherited a huge MESS. We shouldn't allow ourselves to deface him for the fact this is not good, diplomatically. I ask of myself, just how does this look to the world as a whole? Our hatred towards our own kind? HE IS our LEADER. We should be respectful. Even in Congress we aren't seeing that. The news these days that is televised world wide seems to be on the verge of a tabloid bearing. It's downright shameful!! "He shouted this", "That is a lie", "The Republican Seats want all of the sick to die!" I mean, really....this is showing the world just how candy-ass, infantile a country we have become! I don't like it one bit. Then, there are the 'hate mongers' on Fox News....again, this is broadcast world wide people. We should NOT side with this kind of inexcusable behavior!!! And even the sponsors on FOX News have stopped being on their station...several!! And that's telling us something, isn't it? That a company would drop sponsorship [they'd rather 'lose' money than to be part of such a 'team'] because of the station's hate campaigns? Our President was elected, we should work WITH him, not AGAINST him. If Obama hadn't won the election, I WOULD be behind the decisions and actions of McCain...why? because he was elected by the people, plain and simple. The promises of our president's 'CHANGE' slogan was all to get elected of course, to raise hopes...but the reality of ANY campaign promise has to go through Congress first, for approval. And this is where the bickering is the thickest!! Which in turn makes the conservatives leery and hateful. Not to mention the cynical conservative Democrats. Again, tho, with the hope of a new leader ---no matter WHO is sworn into office, we, as a people, need to back our own country with support of our leader. I would like to see us as a 'whole' country...not so sided! Right now, I see it as a weakened power. The spark is leaving because of the distrust and hate among our own kind. And the real...the number ONE reason I'm posting all this is because of a certain political cartoon that really took my breath away; made me shudder. Bile in the pit of my stomach formed as I read it [can be enlarged for reading it yourself - opening in a new window]----------

Normally, I get a chuckle out of the political editorial cartoons in our newspaper, but when I saw this one, I was quite disturbed by it, and realized my personal view of the cartoon itself was most disturbing because it was very true today; what I see, hear and read recently. The two most popular cable stations [one considered right while the other left] that cover world news tend to over saturate their 'staged' views of the political world, both enhancing hatred on camera. It 'bloggles' my mind. Now, obviously, I've been flabbergasted with with all the innuendos that our leader is not American, that he is black and distrusting, comparing him to Hitler...talking of the health care plan and the Holocaust. I get truly rattled at all the negatives when we should all, as one, concentrate on making our home country a better place to live for generations to come, in a peaceful manner. It's NOT about 'who has all the toys is the winner in the end' type game. Even Senator McCain realizes the Republican Party [which I've voted a time or two] is hurting...they've become such a bickering [even among themselves], malevolent group. The Senator knows it needs to get revamped or a lot of them will lose out, and lose out soon. And I'm talking on both parties this way- hear me out....some of the Democrats are just as woeful...they call names, they think they're a perfect union....yet, nobody's perfect. But we DO NEED to take trust in the man elected, and give him a chance. We have struggled with many-a-presidents in the past, we've also grown stronger with others, by gracefully showing our support and backing.

With this commentary political cartoon so negative [hateful] in its thinking... If everyone believes all the B.S. in the TV Tabloids...then, I feel sorry for them AND I think that it puts us ALL on the same level as those who have fought amongst themselves for centuries in the Old World Countries!!! We've now stooped to their ranks. I see it this way...the person [be they man OR woman] elected top office of our country is putting the lives of themselves and their family 'on the line'------all for us!

Another happenstance was that "Chicago lost out for the Olympic bid". Or "Obama lost out". What does that mean? To me...it was AMERICA lost out!!! Why blame Obama at all? Truthfully, my gut feeling on us losing the bid was because South America has NEVER hosted before in history...it was THEIR turn. But my point is...it's not the world's dislike for Obama alone...it's America and our alter-egos!!

Blogging about politics is a good venue. I've read a lot. I've read the dislikes and the distrusts and also the respect and trust....we're all about ranting sometimes as we blog. But again, even if I slip and fall sometimes on the political bandwagon in disagreement or may it be so, disheartened, still.....I am American! And I will stand proud with ANY President!!


One more thought that comes to mind also. The economy? We can't blame anyone but ourselves!!!! We have put ourselves in the situation ---by buying on credit, or on paper...paying the exorbitant prices for homes, cars, clothes, fun and games that continue to be 'upgraded' each year, luxury vacations with VISA/Mastercard. Parents these days have long lived through their children by buying them everything under the sun. Not to mention college education....where is there in the laws that state we parents have to buy them cars and a college education? I ask, can these 18-25 year old youngsters WORK for their education? We've over extended ourselves in such a way, we are now NOT pleased with what we've done and we tend to blame everyone but ourselves!!! My son, Erik, sent me a clipping of an article that he was sent by email, and it clearly states what I'm trying to convey...here is an excerpt from the email:
    Among the many national and global challenges today's 20-somethings face, "we are the first generation likely to be less better off than our parents." As a member of this generation myself, I can't help but feel ashamed that this is what we've come to. You know what? Tough noogies, kid. Our parents may have wanted us to be better off than they were, but it was never a foregone conclusion. And in the end, we may actually be better off for wanting less than our parents did and being happier with what we have."
See? Kids don't need the material things given to them...they should learn to WORK for it. The article goes on about there are jobs for them, but most kids are too lazy to apply themselves, a job like - crab trapping. I so vividly remember when we lived in Tucson years ago, we had on our local news a segment of a young man on the street median panhandling...with a cardboard sign stating on it "I'll work for food or money". The local news station stopped and offered him a job at minimum wage and also offered him a place to live until he got back on his feet....the man refused!!! It would've 'bloggled' my mind had I been blogging back then...oh how I remember that news segment!! Tho...If the 20 somethings want a better education - work for it! Don't expect a scholarship will get you through, if the government comes through with their promises, the kids will get a better education IF THEY DO COMMUNITY SERVICE..too strenuous? Sure.




On Friday evening - October 9th, I received this email [I'm a member of the Democratic Committee for Texans & receive emails from the Oval Office and DNC since October of 2008]







    A call to action
    ...
    Friday, October 9, 2009 5:19:41 PM
    From:
    President Barack Obama <* * * * *@barackobama.com>
    ...
    To: Anni <** ** **@yahoo.com>



    Anni --


    This morning, Michelle and I awoke to some surprising and humbling news. At 6 a.m., we received word that I'd been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.

    To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

    But I also know that throughout history the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes.

    That is why I've said that I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations and all peoples to confront the common challenges of the 21st century. These challenges won't all be met during my presidency, or even my lifetime. But I know these challenges can be met so long as it's recognized that they will not be met by one person or one nation alone.

    This award -- and the call to action that comes with it -- does not belong simply to me or my administration; it belongs to all people around the world who have fought for justice and for peace. And most of all, it belongs to you, the men and women of America, who have dared to hope and have worked so hard to make our world a little better.

    So today we humbly recommit to the important work that we've begun together. I'm grateful that you've stood with me thus far, and I'm honored to continue our vital work in the years to come.

    Thank you,

    President Barack Obama


I ask: How can you not respect the man? I'm not saying you have to LIKE him...it's an American right, but showing the cartoon shows the violent nature to some Americans, and it's stooping at a lowest of low levels. This email may be quite political, but it can also show a bit of humbleness...a concern for our country! [the copied and pasted email here has been edited for privacy]








I step down from my soap box...
On to a lighter side of Hootin' Anni....


- - -<><><>- - -


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Mary!!! She finally caught up with me. rofl [and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Friends!!]



BASEBALL:

Yankees win the play off series? YAY!
Red Sox lose the play off series? Yay!
Colorado Rockies? What's with this team...they get so far advanced in the season, AND LOSE Again? I swear, they could lose against a nursing home team [<--kidding!]. Come ON Rockies...you gotta win the NEXT game...today!!!! Let's BEEF it up.

FOOTBALL:
The Denver Broncos won again. What a game [we got to see the last 15 minute overtime]...wow, wow, WOW!!!









POSTED: Monday, October 12th, 2009
4:20 A.M.









19 comments :

  1. You go girl, well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, but what do y ou do when you cannot possibly support what the president is planning/saying/doing???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadow In the Constitution [USA}, there is a thing called impeachment. It's a strong motion, and it has come to reality with some of our country's presidents....but it would take a LOT of mistakes. As I have said today, work with them...if all else fails, bring on IMPEACHMENT ---not use a gun as depicted in the political cartoon. My rant was mainly about the political cartoon implementing in our heads...violence. Violence just disrupts into MORE violence. And...with all our citizens, there are those that will disagree with our leader at ALL times, there isn't one that has been 'agreeable' and 'trustworthy' to ALL. But the idea of killing [as in the cartoon] isn't the answer if you ask me. We as Americans always have the right to disagree on all terms, but the crimes put forth in this cartoon was just 'too much' for me to not say my rant. With Obama as president now, the hatred grows in our country...at least what is written/shown/televised/in print. I'm not liking the hate these days. But, as with all presidents, this is 'a given'...it just seems that the media is setting a bad example for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unconscious Mutterings.. I'm going to have to play along with that when I can remember to! I'm going to be humming the Lollypop song today.. I just know it!.. Talk to yourself and answer back? Me too! Ha! Ha!... I was watching the Colorado Rockies game last night, but I'm afraid I fell asleep somewhere around the 5th or 6th inning! It's been so busy around here, by the time I sit still, that's it.. I'm out like a light! Thank you for today's Halloween treat! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been nice if President Bush had received some respect too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again - I wanted to add a couple of things about respect - there used to be respect for the position of pastor, minister or priest, teacher, parent, grandparent - just because they were. We have lost this part of ourselves. It is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn Like I said in my post...you don't have to LIKE 'em [political cartoons are good also, unless, like this one in my post, instigates violence!...just respect 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni great post today... No matter who you vote for once am man is elected to lead this country we should stand beside him and not against him... It is the right thing to do! It is respect for this country! Thanks for the treat my friend... Have a super day.

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna Yes!!! You understood my rant....it's not about WHO it's our own actions that are scary. Our own PEOPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,

    Very well said. Someone was brow beating Obama the other day and this person professes to be a Christian. I took offense at the things she said and reminded her that the Bible says we MUST respect our government whether we like our leader or not. I know some don't like Obama but he was left in a terrible mess by previous leaders and is struggling to fix what was damaged.

    Thanks so much for the birthday greetings. Yes, I have caught up to you, my friend...for at least 4 months. LOL

    Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for the beautiful new blog design. I absolutely LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep going back to the same point I always do when it comes to liking or disliking Obama. It seems to me that everyone that voted for him has the intense feeling that everyone MUST like him and if you don't you HATE and and DON'T respect the office of the man. Then in my pea brain I keep thinking of all the nasty vicious attacks on Bush that were done for 8 years. But those same people think that was okay. Did they forget how they attacked the man and office during those 8 years? As for the cartoon oh well. It's an opinion I do believe and one of the best freedoms we have is freedom of the press and being able to express or opinions in this nation and be able to talk about them, whether they are right or wrong. One of the best things about this country is all of our freedoms, liberties, rights and privileges. But don't say anything critical of this President or you are a whacked out communist. As for the email. Any President would have said the same thing. My concern about this is how did he after only being in office 12 days even get the nomination? You can't tell me that during the previous two years he was concerned with world peace as he was to busy running for office. It just doesn't make sense. I don't care of his politics at all and I'm proud to say I didn't vote for him. Stop Thom. How dare you say that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, you have very strong opinions about this and so, I fear, will many of your readers. I've been working in nursing homes and senior housing facilities for the past few weeks trying to inform or correct distortions about healthcare that have been spread about how it will affect seniors. You won't believe some of the crap that some folks allow themselves to be feed. Like our president I welcome an exchange of ideas and debate, but it tough when people tell you where there misinformation comes from. What ever happened to perjorative reading? What ever happened to not being led by the nose? What has happened to the decision making process in our country. So here's my take. I read lots. I do not let my priest influence my politics and I no longer listen to commentators who are pretending to be newsmen. We seniors have no excuse not to research and make our own informed decisions. We have the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary It's upsetting that so many negatives are dished out. ----And it's always mudslinging...no matter WHO is in office. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thom You 'sound' just like most of my family. But it was the 'killing' cartoon I didn't appreciate. And it would've been that way, no matter WHO is in office.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eliza WElch10/12/2009

    I am loving your blog!
    I just started a new blog and I'd love for you to stop by...
    Eliza’s blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I share many of your feelings about the lack of respect Americans show for our President. I don't recall anyone saying these kinds of things about President Bush even when MUCH of the Nation didn't support going to war in the Middle East. What bothers me most is the general lack of real LISTENING and considered THOUGHT before speaking and/or acting and the lack of personal responsibility people take for their words and deeds.

    Thanks for the Halloween treat ... I love you holiday decor always and your Photo Blog is MARVELOUS ;--)

    No more memes, eh? Hopefully one of these days I'll start sharing my thoughts again ... but for the time being, photos and mosaics hold my interest.

    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hootin' Anni has my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni, I am glad for you. He has gained a lot of respect, not so much for him but for the United States, by the world in just a short time.
    We could tell a HUGE difference this Spring in Europe as opposed to the Spring before.
    My hope is that he does so well he will have a second term. That hope is not just for me or for him but for the honor regained that the United States has formerly had.
    Congratulations, :-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally agree with you in regards to capitalism and the economy.

    ReplyDelete

.