“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Update: Monday, September 7th, 2009
Time: 7:39 A.M.

Erik just left to get back to Houston. It takes him about 3 1/2 hours to get there from here. It's back to work for him in the morning. We had fun for the 2 1/2 days, but with us, it's getting the house cleaned up and getting back to 'normal'...if there ever WAS a normal.

I just added a few more photos to my photo blog this morning since Erik and I were 'playing with the new camera'. Now I have to charge the batteries again. :::sigh::: [I think I'll buy some regular batteries for the purpose of taking photos while the others charge up. "Good Thinking Anni!"]

Hope you all had and are having a great day!!



- - - -





Today is the beginning of a long holiday weekend for us here in USA. This is typically a traditional way of saying goodbye to the long hot summer, enjoy the time off with family and the 'last picnic' of the season...and say hello to Autumn!! And with that note I will be offline all weekend. Our son, Erik, will be here until some time Monday. We'll spend the few days quietly at home playing games, eating, and maybe do a little sight seeing, depending on the weather of course. I want to wish all Americans and Canadians alike [they too celebrate Labour Day -spelled with a 'u'] ---a happy, safe and fun holiday!! And to all who come here for a visit, have a wonderful weekend!!! If you'd like, I have been working on a new blog for myself. It will be nothing but photos. No political commentaries, no family issues, no humor, no memes; nothing but photography of photos I've taken....my new blog is entitled 'COLORS OF THE WIND'. Yes, I really like that song! And since photography is a showcase of color...hence the title. For now, it may be a bit 'heavy' in loading since I have it set up in the settings to show 15 pictures on one page. In weeks to come, that will be divided to a minimal size for loading. Later, when I have worked on more photos. So, if you have a few minutes, and you may be a tad bit curious, turn on your speakers, and enjoy!! Oh, and comments are open to all...which I'd love to have you honestly critique them and give me pointers if you will.

Just Click on the graphic at the beginning of this blog entry...it'll take you there in a new window. I'll see you sometime next week!!



POSTED: Saturday, September 5th, 2009
12: 56 A.M.

18 comments :

  1. Hope you are having a good 'time-off'. The new blog to come sounds interesting.
    Enjoy the change over the next few days, knowing you it won't be a rest, but just a change!
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're enjoying your "time off". Although, I can't help but think it would be difficult for you NOT to write. :) Off to look at your pictures now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend and the time with your son! I'm off to visit your new blog. I have a photo blog too, and I also use the dark minima format!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Labor Day Weekend, hope it is a great one and hope the time spent with your sons is priceless and builds lots of memories.

    Barbar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun filled weekend with your son Anni and I am heading over to your new blog right now...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend, Anni.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know retirement is exhausting :-). Take it easy and enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    Have a wonderful time with Eric. Wishing you all a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.Going to check out your photo blog. I do hope you're going to keep this one going.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss this tradition here in Norway.
    I think we do not have it, due to the fact we never do know when the seasons changes.

    Hope you had a great time with your family,
    and wish you a "indian summer".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a lovely Labour Weekend with your son, Anni. Strange, isn't it...you spell Labour for the weekend with a U as we do. Yet our political party is Labor, spelt without the U. Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your Labor day is nice. I'm working.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya sweety, sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. I have missed visiting with you. I am home school is hectic but I am back :0) I have loved your comments while I was away, I hope your weekend with your son is fun. Relax and take care.

    Cheers,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot understand why you call yourself 'amateur'. These photos are superb! So I'll call you "my professional Anni" if you don't mind...
    I love the blog and the music.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great weekend and happy Labor Day. Enjoy your family. Much aloha to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your holiday Anni! This is the first time I have heard of taking a holiday from blogging.

    We aren't doing anything up the coast here either. We already celebrated Labor Day with the French on May 1st. They celebrate a whole lot better than we most of us do anyway.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Labour Day, dear Anni! I look forward to hearing all about Erik's visit and what you did and saw:-) It's a gorgeous day here today, we're finally getting the summer we never had. I'm just relaxing and visiting my bloggy buddies! I'll now go take a peak at your new photo blog:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha ha, we also spell labour with a u... it's late, but happy labor day anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete

.