“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Something Special for THOM today...see photo, Thom, below my Thursday meme stuff. LOL [Keep in mind Diamondhead as I told you yesterday...]




Click either button to Join


THURSDAY THUNKS first...

1. My daughter (aka Demon #1) informed me the other day that her hugs were worth a million dollars. Would you give up hugs - giving and receiving - for the rest of your life, for a million dollars? I'd certainly give up hugs for a million dollars...if it were giving and receiving from a demon!! This question sounds like the movie, Indecent Proposal...with Robert Redford and Demi Moore....for that kinda proposal I'd take a million smack-a-roos too!!! You betcha. Ummmmm, Bud who?

2.Have you ever been bitten by a member of the canine family? Yes, both in play and property protector. Hmmmmm, come to think of it now, I WAS wearing blue denim shorts, a powder blue blouse...you don't suppose the dog thought I was the mailman?

3. What is your favorite color of jeans? Blue Jeans....and the FADED, comfortable, nearly falling apart blue jeans.

4. What is something that has changed in public schools that you wish was the norm when you were in school? Having computers! I swear, y'all just don't realize how old I AM! We were doing good if there was a chalkboard. Well, they WERE invented back then. That I know...I watch Little House on the Prairie!!

5. What is your news source? 'Net, CNN, Local TV, and newspaper. No gossip tho...that 'over the fence kinda news' always did get me into trouble.

6. What sort of people do you think read your blog? Smart, Loyal, Sweet, Kind, Exceptionally Good people! What else can I say? You set the trap, but I didn't take the bait! Sorry. [kidding!!]

7. If I told you that I had a headache, you would say..........??? So Solly...take two assbuns and call me tomollow.

8. You go to a buffet style restaurant, what is the first food you put on your plate? Buffet? Where?! My kinda restaurant!! It's eat or be trampled by me if you don't move quickly!! First, it's a two plater type scenario...one plate is for salads! I LOVE salads. Then, if y'all don't move outta my way soon, I kinda'll steam roll over you to the desserts!! Soft serve ice cream, we all scream for ice cream!!

9. If you were stranded on a desert island.... no, we aren't asking that again. Lets put a twist into this. Would you volunteer to be dropped off on a desert island, to be picked up in a month? And you don't get to bring those 3 items, either. Depends. Am I gonna be dropped off for a month, alone? I could really get into this, I think. The solitude sounds heavenly. As long as it's a warm deserted island, with a thatch hut for me....stocked with Corona and plenty of food...okie dokie. Where do I sign up.

10. When the sun sets, what are you usually doing? That too depends. On where I am at the time...I'm home...It'll either be one of two things...outside, watching the sun set, or more than likely cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. Ya, Bud loads the dishes, I clean the counters. We got our routine down pat. Then, again, if we're still out eating...we are at the window tables, again watching the sun set. [that saves on us doing dishes and cooking!!]


- - -<><><>- - -

Second is my THURSDAY 13


Today, I've made a little game for y'all. It's thirteen movie quotes on the left...with multiple choice answers on the right. You read the quote, then match it with the "LETTERED" movie title on the right. See how many you can answer without cheating and going to Google for searching!! Ready? Go!!! Good luck!!















Now, compare your answers with the correct movie answers below...If you have accomplished at least ten out of thirteen...you win this golden star trophy I made especially for your sidebar [found below the answers]



Your PRIZE [click on it to enlarge it then, right click & save]




- - -

♥ ♥ I love this story! ♥ ♥ On a much different note here, the saying "Love Conquers All" brings on a whole new meaning. This woman, 107, is looking perhaps for a 23rd husband!!! Her reasoning revealed in the article --which makes sense for her age maybe. I say, more power to her! Check it out here. [should open in a new window] Then....last, but not least...for Thom-----------



- - -

Thom at Thom's Place, 4, Well...Whatever lives in Hawaii. I've been to the island of Oahu twice. And of course, how can you not fall in love with its beauty!! My special place is the Pali Highway and its legendary haunts....the fluted mountain scenery is to die for!! [not to mention Richard Chamberlain's house---does he still live there? ON the island, not on the highway of course. I saw him, I saw him!!! Whoa!!!] Anyway, the first time I was in Honolulu, one day we decided to CLIMB Diamond Head Mountain. Yes I did. Hot, humid, and well, it tuckered me out 'til we got to the tunnel...and the bunker. Cooler. Much cooler. Still, it was a thrill of a lifetime. And once at the top you can see below...looking down into the crater!! It was amazing. [Oh ya, Wiamea Falls is gorgeous also! And the Banyan Trees near the King's statue...I'm just gonna hafta get some photos of our trips scanned and blog about it someday] So, Thom, I hope your ears weren't ringing...'cause when I saw this on the North Beach yesterday as Bud and I were taking our morning walk...I said to Bud: "This, I just gotta take a photo of this, for Thom"..."he'll get a kick out of it I think." It's all for you----



It's what's left over from a sand castle I imagine, but the sea's tides washed it out, leaving the 'diamond head' shape...PLUS the crater.






POSTED: Thursday, September 17th, 2009
12:01 A.M.


48 comments :

  1. In case the flow gets slow, I'd like to follow you inline for the buffet so I can get food in no time. Haha =D Mine is up! Please visit me in http://eccentricaquarius.blogspot.com/2009/09/thursday-thunks-3rd-week-of-september.html
    Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I'm glad to see you know your readers!
    2) I did awful on your quiz, but had fun anyway
    3) 23rd husband, at 107?!!!
    4) nice crater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do too well on the quiz either and I have no excuse - I've seen quite a few of these movies.

    Hubby and I visited Hawaii in 2007. We did a cruise around the islands and love the place. We liked it so much we're visiting again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the same kind of jeans as you ! just out of the garbadge, lol ! In movies I am completely ignorant. Last time I went to the movies was for "Mamma Mia" !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quizes and it's too cool to also receive a prize. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dear Anni for coming by and wishing me a happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. howdy, i'm just outside of dallas, where be you and why the hell don't you have a way so i can follow you via email? well, you read my answers. you invited me! giggle i liked your answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i think i may be your elder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so with you on faded, falling apart blue jeans.... just perfect to go and rebuild that castle on the sand with...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank's for the compliment. Loved your 13 quit. Thom is a hoot- Hootin' Thom?


    Have a great Thursday!

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/have-you-ever-been-bitten-by-member-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even with the answers right there I only scored on 5 of them.. wonder what that says about me? LOL 4,6,8,11 and 13. LOL Probably just means I'm getting older and losing my memory! Great Thursday 13 idea!

    I've posted mine too, but there's no chance at a prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only knew 7/13. That was fun, though!

    This made me laugh in your Thursday Thunks:

    'I swear, y'all just don't realize how old I AM! We were doing good if there was a chalkboard.'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni! It was fun stopping here today! I love the movie quotes quiz!.. just wish I did better on it! The one movie I have YET to see, that I really WANT to see still, is Chicago. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who has NOT seen this movie, or seen this play??.. Is it in book form too? Probably??!... Dang, I think that award would have looked good on my sidebar too! You'll have to do another one sometime, yes? (0; In response to one of the questions above, I did not have computers in my school either! The school didn't get them in until just after I graduated. I vaguely remember my class raising money for them though! Enjoy your day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just because it is still summertime, I prefer my linen trousers to my beloved blue jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post today, Anni. I didn't do too well with your quiz and, no, I'm not about to tell you how badly I did :-). I loved your photo of the sand castle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Thunks always make me giggle! You should also get a prize for the first quiz in a long time I've done well at. I got eight right away and then three more before I got stuck. So happy, I love prizes.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only got 6 right. Blah! I suck!

    You are a braver woman than me. I lived on Oahu for 4 years and never once considered climbing Diamond Head. No way, nope, ain't happening. LOL. Loved Waimea Falls. Somewhere around here I have pictures of hubby standing in the falls and some of him swimming in the pool underneath. The rest of us weren't brave enough to get in that icy water. Our favorite place to go as a family was Hanauma Bay. Gorgeous! My personal favorite place was the Byodo-In Temple in the Valley of the Temples in Kaneohe. One of the most peaceful places I've ever visited.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, move or get trampled. Sounds like home for me (I had five siblings).

    ReplyDelete
  20. My T 13 is very similar to your T 13, although mine's not multiple choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't qualify for the award, but it's a nice one.

    I know, I know. So pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your Thursday Thunks:-) You always have great answers and of course, they usually make me laugh out loud! lol Like you, I much prefer Buffets when at a restaurant...heyyyy move over, I wanna get to the dessert!!!

    I got 5/13 in your movie quiz...how pathetic is that? I guess I just don't listen well to what is being said! lol

    I read the article about that 107 year old woman. After 22 husbands and at that age, I would just give up on men! LOL

    Oh wow, the leftover of that sand castle DOES look like the diamond head shape and crater!! How fascinating! I would love to hear and see pictures of your Hawaiian trips so start scanning girl! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    I enjoyed visiting with you this morning. Love the photo of the diamond head remainder of the sand castle. I've never been to Hawaii. Maybe one day. Mom has been and she loves it there.

    Didn't do well on the quiz. *shrug*

    Have a great day, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. lots of fun I love the quizzes sandy

    ReplyDelete
  26. great answers!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to head to that island!
    Have a Thunkful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I di not win hahhhaha...Thanks Anni

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, your readers are all you thought them to be! I only got 5 of the movies right... sad thing is I've seen about 10 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great quiz, I did terribly, but had fun nonetheless! Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful, as always! Maui is my favorite place in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG...Anni...that looks just like Diamond Head and a Diamond Head I could even climb LOL. No wonder my ears were a ringing ... I just knew something was up :) I loved your perspective on Hawai'i. It is just awesome. Thanks for the shout out on this and posting that wonderful photo. I would love to have a copy of it if you can find the time :) Kandyblossom is so right about Valley of the Temples Your Thursday Thunks...does your mind ever quit working? Does it ever rest? LOL. Your number 7 is a perfect example. What great answers. I flunked the movie quiz...pffft. Thanks for the shout out my friend and many many Mahalo's to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very kewl. Lots to see today. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I got three right in your movie quiz. But my excuse is that I have only seen three of those movies anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I only knew 6 and 7. No trophy for me! I enjoyed this fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well, I got 8 right since those were the movies I had seen. I guess wrong on the ones I hadn't. Thanks for the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So enjoyed this post...but then I always do with all your post! I did bad on the quiz...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. Whew! I had to guess at a couple of the movie quotes through process of elimination (there are a couple I've enver seen), but eventually got them all. Yay me!

    Have a great weekend, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great Thunks!

    I sucked at the quiz - and I've seen all the movies.

    Oh Well!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your buffet comments make me laugh. I sometimes get two plates also...you never know when the food you said you were gonna get next time around might disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great answers! Sounds like you and I could do some damage at the buffet :) LOL Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  41. no. 4 I'm taking note of that.

    no. 9 that's very amusing to me.

    All the rest I have no idea which movie they come from :( but I enjoyed your T13. It was so much fun. Thanks. I'm looking forward to next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. i think i flunk the test :(

    ReplyDelete
  43. Another movie quiz. Cool. I recognize 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, and 13.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm with you on the buffet! Outta my way or get run over. lol

    ReplyDelete
  45. hey there anni :)

    my thursday thunks is late.. and on a new blog sadly :(

    http://upnowandwhatsnext.blogspot.com/2009/09/thursday-thunks-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. I feel like I'm a day late and a dollar short... but it's always good to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Loved the movie quiz, although I didn't do nearly as well as I probably should have, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

.