my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


MY WEDNESDAY MEME WORK IS BELOW. But first...



Mari at My Little Corner of the World challenged me with these five words. Yep, I'll give it a go ---

It's all part of a meme, that you can do too, if you want to. Here's how it works...a blogging friend gives you five words of which you then make a blog post with the theme of those five words you were given. If you'd like to have me give YOU five words, just let me know in my comments, and I'll post in YOUR comments the five special words just for you. In the meantime, these are the five that Mari gave me to make a post...

Texas Just about all my life I've had some family residing in the state of Texas. And all around the Houston area. Altho I like the big 'city life' concept of Houston [don't like the traffic volume tho!] I've always seen myself by the bay. Close to the proximity of a beach where I can go laze the day away with the sand and surf at my feet. And there is a great opportunity for that...for anyone. Afterall, Texas has about 600 miles of coastline. Texas is also a great state for those who like history. With Texas's history ---of A. A. de Pineda in the early 1500's when the land now known as Texas was ruled by Spain, France, Mexico and became the Republic of Texas --- the first European settlement was established by La Salle [which I posted a little about here] in the late 1600's. The state, Texas, is the largest land area state in the lower 48. It is a 'duke's mixture' of scenery, landscapes, temperate zones and cultures. From freezing winters up north, to balmy year 'round temps to the South coastal areas. From prairies to marshlands. From mountains and hill country to the plains and grasslands. Anyway, growing up in Colorado and raising our two children, I always longed to live by the beach. The saying goes: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quickly as I could." It fits me. The year 'round warm beaches always did have my name on 'em!
Family What can I say about family? My roots go deep...deep into the land called Ireland. I love family. I love history...I love, but haven't worked on any research in a few years...genealogy. Both my and dear Bud's family have ancestry from Ireland. This past century it is more a mixture of blood lines...having some German and English but the Irish family blood shows through for the both of us. As for families, most all the family tree has come down to a lot having smaller clans...by this I mean, my parents and my mother's side of the family have the larger amount of children...mom and dad having five and my grandparents who chose to farm---well, they had 'a haying crew' called kids!! Offhand, I can't recall the total of offspring, but they just kept shucking 'em out year after year!! Family history has been a passion of mine...I have a cabinet FULL of documents and clippings and tintype photos and notebooks and letters from researching for decades.
Photography Hmmmm, photography....let me start by saying it wasn't something I was interested in until after we moved here to Texas. Oh sure, I used to take pictures [back in the days of that thing of the past...when cameras had film]....but honestly, I've lost more cameras in my lifetime than you can shake a stick at! Sometimes, I would take photos and leave the film in the canister, undeveloped for years, in the refrigerator. Sometimes, the film would be thrown out...while times I would actually take the film in for development years afterward, get the photos home, and not even know what I was viewing!! LOL. When we retired, my interest grew. Then, when the digital concept came about, I started to expand my interest in photography. I'm still learning. And enjoying it. Another interest of mine is bird watching...so, this combined with digital photography will become a hobby, I'm sure.
Books Here is another concept I didn't 'have time for' when I was growing up. Unless it was a required read like...the assigned books such as Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Shakespeare's works...all of which I enjoyed immensely. Text books were different. Especially history. I didn't like to have history shoved down my throat in school!! I still don't like to read history in a way where I'm told this is what this guy was thinking at the time of the invasion of Santa Ana, or they were doing this at the time of the death of Tutankhamun...to me, this is all B S! And only 'cause I've learned over the years that our history books are just one man's opinion, highly dramatized to sell you, and not always necessarily fact. As it goes with all 'factual history works'. For instance the Bible is now being realized that the translation was done in such a way as 'that man's opinion' or how the translator thought on how it should be written...not necessarily factual; in translating at least, but today the historians think it was translated and conceived by how they thought it should have been....tho, who can agree on this concept? Again, it's ONE man's opinion. I was raised by a devout Christian...the word of the Bible was the way of life for us all. It's just that to read a book [the "Good Book" or any book]...it's the 'what you get out of reading it' that counts! But the more books read, the more one learns...be it through fiction or NON-fiction. Even the book Gone With the Wind, for instance, teaches us some history... perhaps factual kind, and how a certain life was lived --but stockade runners piqued my interest from that book reading to read more on the subject. When I married and had a job of raising two children, I didn't read as much as I should have. Bud was always reading something in the 'quiet times'. Finally, after the days and nights of getting up and taking care of sick kids, or the last of the two a.m. feedings did I really, REALLY start to read books. I haven't stopped.
Music Oh music! Music is really music to my ears. I love all kinds. The soft melodic rhythms, the hard rock, the classical pieces of Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven. Hymns. Soft rock. Oldies but goodies of the 50s and 60s. I love and taught myself to read music. I taught myself to play the piano and guitar. I love attending live concerts. I even have been known to drive down a long stretch of highway with my radio/dvd player where it's blasting the doors off; vibrating. Yes, I have. I admit. Years ago, one of my favorite game shows on television was Name That Tune. I could! I could name that tune in three notes!! 99% of the time.

This concludes my five words. Thank you Mari for sending along such a wonderful array; it was a lot of fun. I appreciate you taking time for me. Now, if anyone would like me to hand out five words especially for you...let me know in my comments.




- - -<><><>- - -





Click either button to Join


"Four" Outdoor Wednesday, Wordful and Wordless today, I thought I'd post 4 inanimate objects photographed. All with mouseover captions:









NEWEST PHOTO [hummingbird closeup] on my Photo Blog today! HERE








POSTED Wednesday, September 16th, 2009
4:45 A.M.


26 comments :

  1. I really couldn't figure out what that top left pictures was. Thanks for the mouse overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gimme 5 words. but pick them nicely now!!!

    and your blue ceramic seahorse is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shells on the water bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice things you have got outside !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow I just left you a comment with your five words!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that mouseover caption thingy. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Enjoyed reading your five words. I asked Mari for five as well. Interesting meme. Thanks for sharing.

    Your name has been entered into the draw...twice. LOL

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the five words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading what you had to say about your 5 words. I love family history and have done sone work on Bob's and mine. Our ancestors are mostly from the Netherlands with a little German and English thrown in. I think Ireland is quite fascinating and think that's a great place to hail from!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Sally, cool mouseover thingy!
    Enjoyed reading your thoughts about Texas, Family, Photography, Books, & Music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never thought a plastic bottle could look that beautiful!! thanks to the mouseover thingy for the explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You decorate with such character. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was confused with the first picture, I had no idea what was on the top of the bottle. It also took me a minute to figure out what mouse overs were. Sorry your speaking to a complete know-it-less when it comes to computer ligo!
    If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the clams on the bottle--how unique. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What in the world is on the top of that water bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did pretty well with the picture identification, though my terminology was different that yours. I hope you are enjoying Outdoor Wednesday - outdoors. We all need some color in our cheeks :-). Have a wonderful day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed your pictures, but I am in love with the doorbell. It looks like oiled bronze, maybe?
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I wonder how those claims got onto the end of that bottle? I loved your post.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shots very outdoorsy love the doorbell.

    please see mine here
    http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/09/16/wordless-wednesdaywhats-behind-the-door/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this. I'm so in for the five words :) Wonderful pictures. The second one with the outdoor light is my fav. Well done. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hurray -I like - great post

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed reading your 5 words post and getting to know you a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni-- What a fun post today... learned so much about you.

    REally like your header too.

    If you get a chance please stop by and say hi!

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

.