my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




[For My Unconscious Mutterings...scroll down a bit!]



One Long Meme (Part One)


1. The phone rings. Who will it to be? Dunno...that's why I have caller ID!! If the caller has no picture, I don't answer...


2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Around here they have the outdoors metal 'catch alls' corral type thingies, so, yes, I make an effort to put it in there. Actually, I make sure I PARK the car NEXT to one.



3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I'm not in a social setting....socialite I'm not. Obviously y'all don't LISTEN to my TALK.

4. Do you take compliments well? What's that you say? Why yes...thank you!

5. Do you play Sudoku? Never heard of it...Sue? Do You?...Cool!




6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? My luck, I'd probably take a WRONG TURN and end up near one of those backwoods slaughter houses like in the movie "Wrong Turn"...and end up being boiled for their stew this week...so, no, not likely!




7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? As a youth group, no. But I went to camp and campsites during the summer for weeks at a time with mom and dad...camping vacations. Now-a-days roughing it would be going into a motel for a room...withOUT reservations.

8. What was your favorite game as a kid? Jacks...and I still have my set from back then also, but I lost the ball.

9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you? Would I what? You mention She? is married!!! Ummmmm, think again, sista!!

10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? Sure. Religion is a personal thing...it, for me, has no factor in liking someone....even enough to date someone. I HAVE way long ago, in the past, so, if I were single again, I would. Besides, it would further my interests and probably teach me more of life that is around me...life isn't ALL religion.

11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Hey, look me over...it's been way too long for me to answer that question in the sense of what it conjures in my mind. The only kind that pursue me now are telemarketers. And answering the phone question above, YOU KNOW my answer to liking it. As for ME pursuing....I'm happily married.





12. Use three words to describe yourself? ....Hear Me Roar!!






13. Do any songs make you cry? Yes! I may be older than dirt, but I am still alive and can have feeling for lyrics that are touching!

14. Are you continuing your education? Each and every blessed day! Life IS education. You can't learn that out of any book!

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Like Antonio Banderas says in the movie Zorro...the pointy end goes into the man [sword fighting]....so, I'd say I POINT it at the target and shoot, right?

16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Well, let's clarify that...if you ask if I'VE TAKEN PICTURES....the answer would be no. But, if you mean by asking if I've HAD pictures taken through the photo booth's camera, then, Yep!

17. How often do you read books? Every day. Either DURING the day, or each night before I go shut the lights off for some shut eye.

18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? What day of the week is this? What time is it? "Who are those guys? How many are following us? ALL of 'em? What's the matter with THOSE guys?" ---in other words...:::shrug::: I haven't the foggiest. I think it just depends. "The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles. ... Your times is over and you're gonna die bloody, and all you can do is choose...." Quotes from B C & S K [1969]

19. What is your favorite children’s book? Was, and still is...Sleepy Hollow!!

20. What color are your eyes? Bloodshot red Blue

21. How tall are you? Taller than my cats...shorter than my hubby...just right.

22. Where is your dream house located? I don't have a dream house. But if I did...it'd be on an island that I OWN exclusively...with no government other than mine. Bud, I'd call him Friday...as in the name, not the day.

23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? Our cats. Simple as that.

24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Been there once, didn't care for the service OR the food...so never been back. And that was many years ago.

25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? About forty, maybe fifty feet...from bed to the computer.

26. Do you like mustard?






<><><>




1. Omelette :: Denver...as in Denver Omelet
2. Classic :: Time honored, vintage
3. Thrifty :: Nickle [a free advertisement flyer]
4. Search :: And rescue
5. Fan :: Belt
6. Fussy :: Chicken Little...I don't know, really
7. I am not :: a crook! [Richard Nixon, 1973, Watergate]
8. Indulge :: Me
9. Poor :: Penniless
10. Manicure :: Polish




POSTED: Sunday, September 13th, 2009
6:00 A.M.




27 comments :

  1. We have cart corrals too and yes, I bring mine back. I love Sudoku and hate mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #23 ...good choice!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I park next to those thingies too :)

    Have a great Sunday.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/pass-mustard.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Jacks too! thanks for stopping by too! :)

    http://www.dez-myonlineworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this was too funny. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Am Woman... now here's a question - are you one of the few people who actually like Helen Reddy? Between her & Anne Murray, I am forced to listen to them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still have your jacks?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers!

    My answers are posted.

    Happy SS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your answers, Anni, but you were a little picky, have you had your morning coffee? I'm going to do this.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and questionaire. and hilarious answers.
    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very witty and very entertaining :)
    loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great day, dear Anni! We had rain most of the day yesterday - great day for vegging and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, thanks for your comment on mine. Dad passed away 35 years ago, still miss those card games.
    Like your answers too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mama Bear Nah, I don't drink coffee...maybe that's the problem, huh? rofl [I re-read it all, and it doesn't sound 'picky' to me. It's just me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stealing especially on sundays, that's not nice ! We only get a cart if we put 1 € in a thingy because the carts are all attached together by chains, and if you want to have your money back you have to go back and put the chain in your cart again. Otherwise people would leave them everywhere or even go home with them, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your answers cracked my up! I loved your answer on the girl who was pursuing you. Well and your mustard, and your...well I liked all of them.
    Your mutterings were fun too. We had several similar answers. And you are the only one who knew what a thrifty nickle was. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate to admit to being such a law abider, but I, too, always return carts to their proper place.
    I loved your answers this morning. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Anni, Great answers today... You're just way too cute! Have a FUNtastic Day!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your answer for #14...it's a great answer! I try to park next to the cart corrals too :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not many things do I do right...but I DO take back the carts,..even other peeps' carts.

    Glad I had some time today to read all of these, good blog, Hoot-Annie.

    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG...bloodshot eyes LOL...too funny and why couldn't I think of that Grey Poupon commercial. That was a classic. Wonderful answers. And your #7 on the mutterings...Bwahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    Enjoyed catching up with you. I still can't access your blog through the link in my comments, but Googled you and found you right away. LOL

    The photo of the Man of War is awesome. I would love to visit the ocean again. I love to search for sea shells and ocean creatures that have been washed up by the tides.

    Great post. I always get a kick out of your Sunday Stealing and Unconscious Mutterings.

    Hope you have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I try to park close to the corrals too. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can I build my dream house on your island??

    ReplyDelete
  26. heee heee heeee, i love how tall you are. goes for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your # 9 made me laugh and i totally agree about idea on dating someone with different religion. :)

    Thanks for the visit, Annie!

    ReplyDelete

.