my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!




CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join



Show n Tell:

MORE AUTUMN in dining room AND living room....



Autumn decorations again today! This time, it's the dining room hutch! I've implemented the same kind of cloth runner as with the centerpiece on the dining room table [shown last week]. Added a swag of large sparkle dusted maple leaves in orange, brown and green. Glass bird candle holders displayed with lighted green taper candles. Orange crystal bowls holding miniature leaves. There are three mini resin scarecrows in the center of it all, with a small glass pumpkin, a couple of orange ceramic leaf shaped tea light candle holders, and the last touch of Fall color, a strand of orange 'pearl's.The close up photos of the scarecrows, pumpkin, 'pearls' tea light candle holders, cloth runner, large maple leaf swag. Of course, you can click on any shown photo to enlarge them and get a better view. Then, below these photos, is what I did with the living room fireplace area. I made use of what was left over from what was strewn about on the carpet last week, when I began decorating for the season. All this, except for the pumpkins, I will take down the first of October, and bring out gobs of Halloween decor and leave that up for the month,.....then, bring back the leaves, scarecrows and pumpkins and add a few Native American touches and turkeys for Thanksgiving.


- - -<><><>- - -

LEFT: Brass candle holders with orange and white candles, a basket hanging on the fireplace wall with another orange blown glass vase holding stalks of Autumn colored leaves and yellow mums, beads, evergreen and a nearly lifesized scarecrow perched in the corner. RIGHT: Two mini scarecrows placed in front of two of the brass candle holders and a paper pumpkin doily.





Close up photos of mantle





Close up photos of two more miniature scarecrows and the brown metal acorn bell [there is a smaller one in amongst the evergreen, but you can't see it...lol!]

Green voile table cloth, green pine scented votive candles and a dusting of miniature Autumn Leaves. A large orange blown glass vase with a CROW scarecrow nestled inside/atop. A basket of Autumn mums and daisies on the hearth with A Northwest Native American...a tanned coyote hide with more Native American additions.



- - -<><><>- - -



Friday Flash 55:

ANAGRAM


MySpaceAnimations.comin lyric...
there is a hotel
HEARTBREAK
a way to love me is
TENDER
Grace can be
AMAZING
in the chapel I'm
CRYING
a woman can be
HARD HEADED
I've met in my time, a
HOUND DOG
his name was
OLD SHEP
he could
SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL
on command!!
in my life, in song, he LIVES.








POSTED, Friday, September 18th, 2009
4:00 A.M.



Elvis Graphics provided by MySpaceAnimations.com

43 comments :

  1. Great tribute to The King.

    Mine is here.

    Chef Kar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your home is completely decorated for autumn! So nice... I especially like the jar on your mantle, the one with the silver lid. Nice visiting with you today and seeing your Show and Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are enjoying a break in the heat here, it's been really nice. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful fall decor. I'm loving the change in the weather and all that fall brings.

    Enjoy!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long live the king!
    Wonderful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "55" What a tribute to the KING!
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a musical delight, your 55! just the thing to groove right into the weekend!

    your autumn decorations are outstanding once again. you're thiiiiis close to making long for a season that totally opposite to what i'm experiencing. stop it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE ELVIS!!! i love this 55, probably my favorite one this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great fall decerations. I guess it is. The summer went to fast.

    Love and hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations look great! I need to get going on that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks autumnly festive and beautiful. I need to go get some of those fall leaves to put in a glass pumpkin. I don't have much out, and what I do have out gets messed up every time little hands are around. I do have the Fisher Price thanksgiving pieces out for them to play with, but the also like to play with the breakable stuff.

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great! I love your tribute so well done
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, I absolutely love all of your autumn decorations. As you know, scarecrows are one of my favorite things. The acorn bell is interesting and gives a nice touch. You always decorate things so nicely. Looking forward to your Halloween decorations.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend and enjoy the sights, sounds and fragrances of the season.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of the greats, Elvis.
    Enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved seeing your Fall decorations for Show&Tell.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, your place is so festive!

    HTACHOS? Heartbreak, Tender.... etc. Oh, never mind.

    I was never a big Elvis fan, but I carry a bit of him around with me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great decor. Wasn't it fun getting it all out. Love the scarecrow and acorn plate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see you also love to create a "Home sweet Home", lol ! only to me it's a little early with automn, I'll wait for another months when the pumpkins are showing up !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gattina The pumpkins ARE out in stores here...the real ones. Autumn is next week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The King has entered! Love this 55 so much, very creative and who doesn't love the King! Have a fantastic weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank ya...Thank ya very much......



    (G-Man has left the building)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree, Home Sweet Home:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely treasures! Very pretty.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your scarecrows are so cute! I love all of the fall decor, it makes you want to sit down with a warm cup of apple cider!

    Blessing,
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  25. A nice tribute to the King
    A different 55

    ReplyDelete
  26. G-man's comment is icing on the cake!

    We loooove Elvis, the whole family. We're planning a pilgrimmage to Memphis for next year; we've been putting it off for years and years but 2010 is the time! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Boss or the King, they're both GREAT! jeNN

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your Fall decorations are warm and beautiful. Nice tribute to Elvis. His songs will stay around forever.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  29. You humans spend to much time on long dead singers.
    But a good 55
    Thank you for your comment on ours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni...you never cease to amaze me. If I had one tenth of your creativity I'd be a millionaire. This was just awesome and so clever. :) Love the autumn photos. AND my DEAR SWEET friend. The Post card is PERFECT. thank you. I'm going to put it up soon. Many many mahalos :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello, Looks like fall has come around your home! It is so pretty! Love the fall pearls. Adore the leaf and pumpkin bowl! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh that table is gorgeous with the decorations. I love it! I think the scarecrows are adorable. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Please don't forget that is song and lyric there is a queen of the house. At least there was yesterday. Have a good day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the 55 and the pictures. I'm not sure which I like better.

    Thanks for your comment on my 55.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  35. So rich!! Yes, he lives! A great 55 and thanks so much for stopping by mine right HERE! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your home looks beautiful all decorated for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't wait until we start to get autumn weather here in Southern California! I am anxious for summer to end and the chilly days to begin. Love your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMGosh, I'm lovin' the hearth decor! All of your fall decorations are just gorgeous!

    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You always write such clever poetry for Flash 55.

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are really lovely; I love the large acorn and the fireplace design with the big scarecrow. I need to get motivated; it's still warm here in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love fall decorations! Great job! Jean

    ReplyDelete

.