“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Scroll down for Sunday Memes





Yesterday, I posted about visiting a church that intrigued me for years; with a walk about around the grounds on which it's situated. And I posted a small photo of the entry doors. They were simply amazing. Wishing I could go inside to view all the stained glass that is throughout the church itself, since I couldn't, I took the cellphone and zoomed in on the door panels. Each plate showed a depiction of Jesus' life in art form. His birth.....etc. I'm not sure what the plates are made of...it's not brass I don't think...perhaps lead? No matter...the panels were so unique and beautifully sculpted! I wanted to share. You can embiggen each photo, and they should open in a new window!------





<><><>




Then: August 1999


1. Age: 50

2. Romantic Status: Married

3. Occupation: Retired early

4. Fun night out: Dinner and a movie

5. My BFFs: Teri [and husband and Felina our cat we had 20 years!]

6. I spent way too much time: suffering in the AZ summer heat!

7. I spent not enough time: shopping...never can shop TOO much!

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: Hmmmmm, I think I WAS grown up.

9. Biggest concern: My heart...this is about the time I was seeing a cardiologist regularly and he was trying to convince me to have an ablation. I was at the time ---very reluctant and not convinced it would help.

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Other than MY health...probably my husband's stress he was going through with my own ER trips, etc.

11. Where did I live: Tucson, Arizona

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: I can't remember. I'm not really one to do things without thinking it out first.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: You'll be okay.

14. Picture of me then: [don't have time to go through albums today ---I had long hair back then...but looked very similar -tho younger- to the photo I'm using for my avatar on my sidebar.]

Now: August 2009





Photo taken this Spring.







1. Age: ummmmm, 50 + 10...that equals sixty in my calculations.

2. Romantic Status: Still happily married to the same man over 40 years.

3. Occupation: Still retired

4. Fun night out: Still dinner and a movie. Or maybe even going to the beach and watching the moon rise over the horizon. It's romantic too.

5. My BFFs: The same, tho I don't hear from Teri as often as I would like. But, Felina our cat mentioned above in 1999---died, at the age of 25 Human Years. We now have Tahoe our black tabby and Winston our white Persian.

6. I spend way too much time: on the computer!

7. I spend not enough time: I have all the time in the world right now...but life is getting short. Time's running out.

8. I want to be when I grow up: I'm still grown up and I still don't do things on a whim.

9. Biggest concern: I really don't have much concern these days. Now, I just let things come as they may and 'go with the flow'. I guess I could say eating healthy with no cholesterol or at least LOW cholesterol and non-fatty foods.

10. What my biggest concern should be: I've learned to not worry so much...and hope that some day I won't sit and catastrophize on the 'little things' which can be a big concern with my high BP.

11. Where do I live: Gulf Coast

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Bought something frivolous.

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: You made it!!

Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1999: Nothing! I'm happiest living for the day and not thinking of time past.

2. What do I miss least from 1999: The inferno we lived in...Arizona. [tho it's a beautiful state and nothing can match it...it's too hot in the summer, trust me.]

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: I DID have the heart ablation and kick myself for not having it done at the beginning---like advised!





[Image courtesy of linked site on Cardiac Ablation - #9/1999]







4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Won the lotto!!!




<><><>




1. Death :: Becomes Her [movie]
2. Identified :: the missing link. [tough one!]
3. Saturday :: Night Live
4. Dumped :: Trash
5. Division :: Subtraction
6. Stilted :: Homes [like you see on beaches...]

7. Crimes of :: Passion
8. Stumped :: Dumbfounded
9. Future :: Past
10. Team :: Astros, Broncos, D'Backs, Rockies






Posted: Sunday, August 9th, 2009
6:17 A.M.

28 comments :

  1. wow this was nice and beautiful!
    I wonder will i be living life as content when i m ur age!
    I even wonder if i will still be blogging...though i will still write and thats what i m sure of!

    It was lovely to how life changes for everyone...liked ur tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni- It's 29! Go back and recalculate :)
    You're so cute!
    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/1999-versus-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ones as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh - hadn't scrolled down far enough for comments! You seem to have a lovely life and a great philosophy on life - keep healthy!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. the door panels are quite intricate and impressive. your cat reached 25 years?!?! wow, that's really impressive. I hope you'll keep healthy for the longest time:) happy Sunday! thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Sunday!

    I'm happy that you're feeling a lot better than you did in the grim days of the 90s, and I hope that in 10 years time you're feeling just as happy and healthy.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    I'm glad you had the procedure done on your heart. Seems you are in much better health now and for that I'm thankful.

    Interesting post on the church doors. Could they be made of pewter? Beautiful craftsmanship.

    Enjoyed your post as always. I'm going back to that cemetery one day when it's not raining. lol Dwight should have had a picture of me walking there with that red and white Canada umbrella.

    Have a great day, my friend. Not sure what we're up to yet.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. How unusual are those panels. I'm glad you showed them. I have no idea what material it is.
    Enjoyed the Memes as ususal
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Anni, Loved the panels in the church's door. Great post on a beautiful Sunday!
    Have a blessed day my friend

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. those door panels are so beautiful ANNI. i love your answers. wow, 40 years of marriage! that's a rare commodity now. my hats off to you and your hubby! that's a life well lived Anni. i'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your answers to the meme. Sounds like you're enjoying life which is what it's all about.

    ΚΑΛΗ ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗ
    HAPPY SUNDAY

    N

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shopping I agree never had enough :)

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For Felina to have lived to such a ripe old age, you must have cared for her and loved her very much. I salute you!

    And "Death Becomes Her" is a very funny movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always reminded how hindsight is 20/20, and the case with your heart ablation is another example of it. Sometimes, I think women especially think that we aren't nearly as bad off as people, doctors included, tell us we are, LOL. I fought the brain surgery tooth and nail and had it not been for the fact that my husband actually broke down, I doubt that I would have given in. Now I am much better about listening to the concerns of others because I understand better how worried they get.

    Great meme this week, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blogs include so much content, and they are very interesting...I hesitate to single out one item, because I like it ALL. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That church is so pretty! I also enjoyed the now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni,
    I enjoyed the pictures of the beautiful church door and the memes as well. We were listening to the D'backs/Washington game on the way home from church and they were talking about how hot it was there and everyone was sweating so much. We were glad ours is a "dry heat". lol
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for a lovely visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,Anni! Loved your answers, as always, you tough old bird! You are a very precious commodity! YOU CAN TELL BY THE COMMENTS HOW MANY PEOPLE LOVE YOU! Stop by and visit! http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com/2009/08/stealing-sundaynow-and-then-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. subtraction is a great answer for division

    ReplyDelete
  21. The door panels on that church are lovely, Anni. Yes, I wish you could have got photos of the stained glass windows, too. That I would have loved to have seen.

    I like your Meme of the 10 years. I don't yet know what I want to be when I grow up...lol!

    Hope you don't get a cyclone. We're not in our cyclone season yet, November to April for us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very good answers. I despised this meme. It was for kids. You still learning Me too :) Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope the bad weather passed you by!!

    Love all your meme answers.

    I have an award for you HERE

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you saw the award i left you on Sunday Stealing :) Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, what a beautiful door!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a wonderful post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The thing I love most is the lessson or two that I learn from your answers. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is a nice meme indeed.
    so you were 50 in 99, wow!
    you are so older and wiser than i m :|

    but hey y not remember, it is fun to remember is it not?

    ReplyDelete

.