“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






[For My Unconscious Mutterings...scroll down a bit!]




what are your most common nicknames?
    Mom, Gramma and Sweet Cheeks [not necessarily in that order]

what is today's weather?
cloudy
Today
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 90s inland... in the mid 90s coast. Southwest winds around 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.
»
nt_cloudy
Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s inland...in the mid 70s coast. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming light.

where did go on vacation this year?
    ...permanent vacation at home.

what did you do there?

where did you stay?

what job do you do?

describe where you live.
    Corpus Christi is a coastal city in the South Texas region of the U.S. state of Texas. The county seat of Nueces County. From Latin, the city's name is Body of Christ, given to the settlement by the Spanish, in honor of the Blessed Sacrament. The city has been nicknamed The Sparkling City by the Sea, particularly in literature promoting tourism. [which as a resident, in some areas...I agree...other areas, it can be a ghetto and I'm an avid supporter of getting out and cleaning up the city!!!] The city is home to the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi near Padre Island. Corpus Christi was founded in 1839 by Colonel Henry Lawrence Kinney as Kinney's Trading Post. Corpus Christi has a marine climate, enjoying similar temperatures to those of other Gulf Coast regions, but lower precipitation as it is located in a semiarid region. Average high temperatures in the summer months exceed 90 °F (32 °C) while average nighttime winter lows in January, the coldest month, are a little less than 50 °F (10 °C). The city's largest recorded snowstorm was 4.4 inches (11 cm) on Dec. 24, 2004. The city's record high temperature is 109 °F (43 °C), on September 5, 2000, while its record low is 11 °F (−12 °C). In December 2004, the city experienced snowfall on Christmas Eve [PHOTO]. The snow stayed until Christmas Day and melted the day after.

what do you usually do on weekends?
    Go out for breakfast, walk the beaches. On TV [if it's summer] watch a baseball game. And read.

what food hits your 'bliss spot'?

what drink really does it for you?
    ice water

describe the first friend that comes to your head.
    Dark, curly hair [with graying], short, chunky, brown eyes, and a smile that makes ME smile....Teri. A best friend from High School!!

what was the last restaurant you went to?
    Just yesterday for lunch...Cracker Barrel...I had the Saturday's Special...Chicken tenderloin with rice and mushroom gravy...the sweet baby carrots and their AWESOME green beans!!

where would you like to live if you had unlimited moneys and nothing stopping your dreams?
    These days, a private island sounds great where I'd declare war on the USA and then...file for War Aid, and then live happily ever after!! Honestly, that's where a lot of our deficit spending is going...to foreigners for financial aid ---why not ME? LOL [kidding!] I'm happy where I am, actually.

what is the likeliness of you achieving this dream home?
    Ummmm, it's a dreamscape...so the likelihood of it coming true is NIL!!

what do you like to do in your spare time?
    crochet, read, crafts, shop, walk, garden, bake, DVD/VHS movies, paint, sketch, computer.

what's your favorite genre for TV programs?
    Other than sports, crime drama or most anything on the Discovery Channel having to do with Science, Nature, History

what's your favorite genre for music?
    Oldies from the 1940s-1970s

what's your favorite song that's sad?
    I can think of TWO actually, Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" and Michael Bolton's "How am I Supposed to Live Without You".

what's your favorite soppy film?
    I really don't like 'soppy' films. For that matter, I can't think of one now...I don't go to movies that make me cry if I know it will. Titanic was close...I've watched it several times...but now-a-days when I do watch it, I find myself looking for the flubs on the historical value. For instance: The lake that Jack told Rose he went ice fishing on when she was threatening to jump is Lake Wissota, a man-made lake in Wisconsin near Chippewa Falls (where Jack grew up). The lake was only filled with water in 1918 when a power company built a dam on the Chippewa River, six years after the Titanic sank. Also, I bawled the first time Jack died saving Rose and Rose said "Come back, come back"...now I say to myself "How many times must you say that?"

how about your favorite chick flick?
    Pretty Woman...where the handsome prince comes up to the girl on his white steed and carries her away to dreamland.

what are you looking forward to at the moment?
    Getting this meme done so I can get on with my day

what are you dreading at the moment?
    Paying Bills...that's one of the worst jobs I have.

how would you describe your personality?

    Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a longer time to get over if that trust is ever broken.

    Personality Quiz
    Take More Quizzes


if you had a personality eraser, what part of yours might you erase?
    The urge to ERASE this question!?!!!

you are given $5000 to spend in 1 day, what do you do with it? remember, no limitations!
    Well, you ask two questions here...my first response was spend it!!...then, you ask 'what do you do with it?'...Ummmmmmm, spend it!!!

what is your biggest fear?
    I almost listed a biggest CONCERN...but fear would be HYDROPHOBIA



<><><>



1. Spinning :: Wheel
2. Impasse :: Stalemate
3. Gravy :: Boat
4. You are :: Here! [X marks the spot]
5. September :: 11th [911]
6. Divulge :: Blabbermouth!!!!
7. Training :: Camp
8. Crap! :: Dice [without the !]
9. Results :: Winning
10. Shutting down :: Abort



<><><>


I finally got my new camera out of the box yesterday and looked it over! As I stated a few days ago, this thing has more gadgets and settings and options that it's gonna take some doing and real concentration on operating it! Well, I did a little testing [but deleted the images - on purpose] just to try and get 'the hang of it'. It, I think in time, will be an amazing little toy. I think I have the first two functions down pat by now!!! And that is [after Bud added the lens cover for me and the carrying strap]....I figured out how to take the lens off and turn it on quite efficiently!! I did notice that it has a built in camcorder-------with sound!!! Ho boy. Fun, fun, fun. But now, let me be honest with you...I'm lacking the ability of comprehending what I read when it comes to the digital thingies/expressions listed in an owner's manual---I need hands on training. And that feature of sound and videos will be a long way down the list of learning. Trust me. Oh ya...and I did put the memory chip in while loading the batteries...I'm on a roll!!! While testing it out last night, the chip tells me I have 835 possible images stored. That's a whole lotta photos! My other camera I've used the last four years; its memory chip could only hold 34 images. Wooooohoo! What I like about it as apposed to my camera I've BEEN using...it's Made in the USA! I think now that the economy is so much in a down turn these days, it's important as a consumer that we citizens of USA should BUY USA products. If you'd like to check it out, and thinking about buying a new camera...here are the stats with this LINK


Added at 8:25 A.M.:



Just experimenting more....I just now tried the memory card reader and used the USB port. Woohoo, it worked. Now, I gotta go back to the books and figure out just how to set the photo size on the camera!! Lordy, the image above, after I imported it to the computer was something like 2000x1500 in pixels. I don't think so!! That'll use up tons of memory for sure. But anyway, this is a humming bird [duh!] that was near the feeder I have hanging off the patio house eave. I was sitting way back yonder and zoomed in [about 30 feet away or more]!! Awesome.




POSTED: Sunday, August 30th, 2009
6:45 A.M.

30 comments :

  1. My camera is a Kodak Easy Share, too, but not nearly that techie!! Good luck - I'm the same way with reading about this stuff. But you're so good at computer stuff, I know you'll figure it out, too.

    I hope the weather forecast pans out for you with some moisture - more than 20% worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mutterings
    Congrates on the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to live! I like your response to the personality question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun catching a hummingbird in flight! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now! Great answers, as always! Congrats on the camera! I want a camera sooo bad! But can't afford it on a fixed income! I'll have to stick to my prepaid camera cell phone! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni- I wanna go to Corpus Christi!


    Have a great Sunday.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/someone-stole-from-ellie-bellie.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun getting to know you a little bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mutterings were very great! Have fun with your new camera, by the looks of the hummingbird pic it's going to go great. And it was fun getting to know you a little bit better in your first post. And I have to tell you that I think Heath bars are food from the God's! If you ever want to make a tasty cake I have a fantastic recipie that has heath bars crushed up in a sinfully rich frosting. If you want the recipie just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the mutterings!
    My 'results' are now explained

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,

    Enjoyed learning more about your city through your Sunday Stealing. Very interesting meme, which gave me an opportunity to come to know you a bit better.

    You are going to have a blast with your new camera. I have an Easy Share C330 and it takes marvelous photos. It holds a 1gb memory card, so I can take up to about 700 photos with it. Trouble is, it's becoming outdated and 1gb memory cards are getting difficult to find.

    Have fun and enjoy getting to know how to use it. The picture of the hummer is great.

    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i love your nicknames. and pretty woman - i'm sure my sassy friend will agree with your choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh girlfriend, i am right there with you declaring war! this is getting awful! but that's another story. how sad for us.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Anni, Those were great answers this morning.

    Congratulations on your new camera... I have a Kodak Easy Share too and just love it! It won't be anytime at all before you are a pro at it...

    Have a fun day exploring your camera...
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. "crochet, read, crafts, shop, walk, garden, bake, DVD/VHS movies, paint, sketch, computer."

    as compared to you i do nothing :O
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Heath Bars also. In answer to your question on my blog...a Bar Mitzvah is for a boy and a Bat Mitzvah is for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becca Thanks....it was like I thought then. Much appreciated that you'd take the time to drop by and answer my question. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to be looking foward to seeing the pictures you will take with your new camera! It sounds like a really neat one!!
    It is 61 degrees this morning! Wow!! I love this!! Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just love Cracker Barrel - when ever we travel in the US we know we'll get good food and a warm welcome! Loved the answers to your meme.

    Enjoy the new camera - look forward to seeing the results
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want a Heath bar now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. It really is nice to get to know you better, Anni. Let us know how you like the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful as always Anni. I wish I had a cam as yours as well. Yet, my mobile makes some good ones. I must conform :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heath bar. Yum!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice post and full of information, which I like and have fun with your new camera. Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well hello there Sweet Cheeks! hehe I really enjoyed reading your Sunday Mutterings and getting to know you even better:-) I can well imagine how excited everyone was to have snow on Christmas Eve and Day in 2004!! I've never had a Heath Bar...now I'm curious and will have to buy one next time I'm at the store!

    Oooooh I'm so envious of your camera...that's the one I eventually want to get myself! Right now I'm just using the Canon Power Shot and although it takes beautiful pictures, I know the one you have takes even better pictures plus of course there's the zoom lens! I'm very much like you, I can read the manual and have no idea what they're saying, I learn much better hands on. I know it seems complicated at first but I bet you in no time at all you'll have it all figured out. Look at the great start you did with that hummningbird:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha! That image size was funny! Congrats on the new camera!! You mean you don't want all your photos to be poster size?!

    I enjoyed your mutterings too. My favorite was, you are here - x marks the spot! Nice one!

    MommyWizdom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good to have a new camera - good of the bird and it will be better and better for every day you use your new camera. MB

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Sweet Cheeks...love it LOL I liked your eraser question. I totally agree with you and a Heath bar...damn I forgot all about that. It's the bomb. Love your new camera. I want one real bad. I went and got one and turned it back in as the instruction manual was about 200 pages long LOL. The bomb: Divulge::Blabbermouth :) Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed reading your answers! It appears we have a lot in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoyed as always.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that scene in "Pretty Woman"!!!
    Congrats on your new toy,reminds me I still don't fully know my little one after almost 2 years!

    ReplyDelete

.