my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Click to Join


1. What the hell were you thinking? I dunno! :::shrug::: Beats the helloutta me!! Now, what was the question to which I thunk? Oh ya. Those Suds n Duds Dancers [or were they called Studs & Duds?], one in particular-but two I remember, asked me to leave with 'em huh....yep, the tequila and beer chasers just don't mix well with 'em. In Sarah's words..."You betcha". At least I think I remembered all this. [see Thursday 13 below]

2. The tornado sirens go off in your neighborhood - what do you do? Prol'ly the first thing I'd do is look out the window...and prepare the cam-corder. Nah, not really, after Auntie Em doesn't respond to my calls, I'd go sit in a tub since I don't have a basement...wait, I guess a tub ISN'T the best place...well then, I'd go to the most protected area of the house...the middle between interior walls and NOT the exterior walls. And while sitting there and sipping the gallon of wine that was cheap--- I'd be chanting..."There's no place like home...there's no place like home."

3. Give us a recipe.
    Elephant Stew
    Serves: about 380 people.

    Ingredients:

    1 large Elephant
    Salt and pepper to taste.
    2 medium Rabbits.(optional)

    Preparation:

    1. Cut up Elephant into bite size pieces.(Takes about 2 Months)
    2. Add brown gravy to cover.
    3. Cook about four weeks at 465 degrees over a hot fire.

    Special Note:

    For larger groups,add 2 Rabbits, but only if necessary as most people don't like to find hare in their stew.



A lower in cholesterol treat is found with the ALTERNATIVE RECIPE below....


4. It's the middle of the night, there isnt a car in sight and you are stuck at a red light that just won't change.... how long do you wait until you run it? Honestly? I would slow down, look both ways [check out the shoulder of the street/road for the POleece...and then if it's clear I would creep through it. Ask Bud....I've done it a lot...and while I'm looking for cops oncoming traffic...I always say "I stop -ped". Yep, ask Bud.

5. When was the last time you got all dressed up fancy-like? Where did you go? My own wedding....I wore shoes under protest!!! [been married 41 years now...read my lips, "I don't do dresses or fancy!"]

6. Have you ever had a mole removed? Yes, both kinds!!

7. Are you in an area of record highs or record lows for the temps this summer? Are you lucky and stuck in the middle where it's somewhat normal? Let's see.....hmmmmm :::rubbin' my chin in Depp deep thought::::.....Yesterday by midday the temp was 97 with the heat index of 109....and no rain in sight.

8. When was the last time you changed your furnace filter? Furnace? Best to ask me about the A.C. filter. We don't need a furnace here. Year 'round it's either windows open in the winter or A.C. in the summer.

9. What's your favorite type of frog? The one that sings to me each and every morning at dawn in our back yard. I believe it's a tree frog...but, I've never spotted it yet. You thought I was gonna say Kermit now, didn't you?

10. If you were to go on America's Got Talent, what would you do for your talent? (and choosing not to go is not an option....) Sit in a fake tree, eating a banana, making monkey noises and spreading my toes to grab the branches as I jump from banana bunch to banana bunch!! ooooooo, oooo, ahhhh, ahhhhh, oooo ooo! [those were monkey calls just then, in case you didn't know] I can pat my head and scratch my belly at the same time too!

11. Have you ever been on a rooftop of a building? Yes. And let me tell you I froze once where I had to have someone come up and get me....yep, froze.

12. What is the first website you go to each day when you sit down at your computer, other than your email? My default page is my own blog so I can check the comments. I love comments and commenting. When I boot up the system and get online...it's Hootin' Anni's every time.


- - -

For the 2nd recipe:

BAKED STUFFED Turkey

6-7 lb. Turkey

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan in the oven. Listen for popping sounds. When the turkey's a-$-$ blows out the oven door, and flies across the room, the turkey is done.





<><><>


Click to Join


What I remember from the bachelorette party [from #1 question on Thursday Thunks above] with the D D D's emphasized---



1] it was Done on a Dare
2] they both were such a Darling Duo
3] each had cute, Dimpled Derrieres
4] one I believe was called Dynamo Dan
5] the other was Daredevil Don
6] both gay as the Dollars i Donated were green.
7] i'm sure they were Diseased, studs 'r' Duds!
8] Darned if i remember what they Did!
9] Donny had a Dark tan
10] while Danny was Deathly white
11] bud Didn't like what he heard from Doris
12] the Dirty snitch!!!
13] Divorce papers loom in my Days to Disaster and Herpes Simplex "D".



Now, I dare you to believe every word....ummmmm. [insert wink]



Posted August 6th, 2009
12:01 A.M.

32 comments :

  1. You are way beyond funny, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. just poped in to say hi.I hope that you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I wonder if I have a big enough pot for that elephant stew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. no offence, but i ain't gonna try your recipes.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...Elephant Stew...that was brilliant and just hysterical. Adding the rabbits for large groups...Woman...you are brilliant. Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stop giggling at the Elephant Stew!!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni!
    Good idea with the default page!
    Have a great Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/thursday-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. boy! cooking at your house is a b***h!!!! takes 4ever and is very messy! bwwwahhhaaahhhaaaa!

    very funny - all of it. but then, i knew it would be.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's been 40 years since you've been fancy! The line about the moles was funny.

    I'm serving moonshine, bud light, and tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,

    Your creativity amazes me. Loved your post today. Very brilliant. Enjoy your day and remember to take time for you.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stopped in for a quick hello and I read and read and laughed and read again! You truly are a HOOT and I always leave here wondering what in the heck you are up to (if anything) Have you ever considered writing books ? BUT please not children s books! hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  12. We live next to a nation forest and the tree frogs sing a lot here. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious, Anni! This was a great way to kick off the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just pooped, er, popped in to say "Hi".

    You're a fun girl..a fun blog!

    Froze? On a roof? My worst (recurring) nightmare--I had forgotten--were of being stuck way up on a roof. Guess I died up there eventually, don't know.

    terrific blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought the elephants recipe was good....and then I read the turkey one...LMAO! L
    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the popcorn up the turkey's rump! And great list for T13! All those D's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It took me a few to stop laughing enough to leave a comment. Brilliant 13.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for a great laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ROTFLOL @ Elephant Stew... 2 months prep :D
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my thunks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hilarious T13! Thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. #4 Are you sure you aren't from California?

    ~Heidi (http://bit.ly/en2Lz)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. We discovered the baby deer had been orphaned. Our vet agreed to take her and hand raise her. He has raised 3 other ones and owns about 150 acres where he can release them. He said she was dehydrated but thought he could give her an IV and get her on her feet!! Story with happy ending. We got some great pics of her and the grandchildren got to see her too. It was some day here.

    I am hosting a carnival tomorrow on 5 Things Friday on 5 Favorite Summer Activities. Join in if you can. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too too funny - a tequila thirteen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to find an elephant to try out that recipe! lol As for the turkey and popcorn, I can just picture it all! LOL Anni, I just love your sense of humour:-) Loved reading your Thursday Thunks and Thursday Thirteen...I got stuck on Dimpled Derrieres!!!! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think all male dancers in strip clubs are gay as the dollars are green. But it is an experience to go to one isn't it? Oh right - you don't exactly remember now do you ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. my blog is also my homepage.

    thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, sweetling! I'M BAAACK! bEEN OUT OF Commission for a time with heat exhaustion which is not fun! Love your thunks! Stop by! http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com/2009/08/thursday-thunks-much-ado-about-nothing.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey! Just noticed your old head turnin' around in address bar and toolbar! I'm gettin' whiplash! You need an exorcist?????

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for your entertaining Thursday Thunks and T-13 'D' list ... LOTS to enjoy here! Hope you're having a lovely weekend ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brown gravy in Elephant stew? Isn't elephant the Other white meat?
    Seems like all of us women are claiming the last time we dressed up was at out wedding.... we need to get out more!

    My TT
    http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/08/06/thurdays-thunks-mole-removal-furnace-filters/

    ReplyDelete

.