my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




[For My Unconscious Mutterings...scroll down a bit!]



We're supposed to answer with songs. Now for most of these I just used the TITLE to make it 'fit' my real answers! And ONE artist for all of the questions? Does that mean....for EACH answer....using one singer only....for all answers?? I don't think so....I will use One Different one for each...it's STILL just as difficult, trust me. I actually gave a 'real' answer also, so they could be better interpreted with the song title I chose. And I'm sure most of the songs here, not too many have even heard....here goes:

ARTISTS: Various!!!

-Are you a male or female? Last time I looked, I was female.
[Song: I'm a material girl....Madonna]

-Describe yourself 5' 4" Gray and wrinkled 'nough said!
[Song: I wish I was 18 again....George Burns]

-How do you feel right now? Hungry!
[Song: Just Eat It...Al Yankowich]

-If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Right now....out to eat for breakfast. Anywhere; as long as someone else does the cooking and cleaning up.
[Song: Breakfast at Tiffany's - theme song from movie]

-Your favorite form of transportation My own car. Preferably going out to eat!!!
[Song: Little Deuce Coupe....Beach Boys]

-Describe Your Morning Routine Get out of bed, with a smile on my face!?!! To be honest, I really don't have a routine...I threw routine out the window when I retired.
[Song: Thanks for the Memories....Bob Hope]


-Your best friend is Bud
[Song: Tea for two, and two for Tea - various artists]
    Picture you upon my knee,
    just tea for two, and two for tea.
    Just me for you, and you for me alone.
    Nobody near us, to see and to hear us, no friends or relations


-What's the weather like [imitating Robing Williams as the character, Adrian Cronauer, imitating the late: Walter Cronkite]
    Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and sh!tty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
    [from the movie Good Morning, Vietnam starring Robin Williams]
Here, in Corpus, the average rainfall is 35 inches of rain ...it's August and we've accumulated approximately 2 - 6 inches this year so far, with the heat index of 100+ degrees depending on the area of the county. So, I end this question with my answer.... 'hot and sh!tty'!
[Song: Fever....Peggy Lee or Song: Great Balls of Fire...Jerry Lee Lewis or Summertime....Gershwin]

-Pet Peeve? Rude people...and unruly, loud, obnoxious kids.
[Song Parody: Rude People]

-If your life was a TV show, what would it be called As the World Turns....nope, that's taken already. Hmmmmm, how 'bout Good Times? Dang, that's taken too. Let's see....how 'bout As Good Times roll, so does the World Turn?
[Song: For the Good Times....Ray Price]

-Your relationship WITH WHAT? or WITH WHOM? Too vague. I have a relationship with my computer, my home, my family, my car, my kitties, my friends...Yep, this is way too vague to answer.
[Song: Welcome to My World....Eddy Arnold]

-Your Fear DEEP dark water, bridges and snakes...and probably in that order!
[Song: I hate Spiders and Snakes....Jim Stafford]

-What is the best advice you have to give? Be happy...stay out of trouble, and be home by your curfew! Or else the wrath of Anni will be upon you like dirt on a shirt!! If you don't believe it, ask my kids...

[Song: Don't Worry, Be Happy....Bob Marley]

-If you could change your name, you would change it to Actually if I could change my name, I wouldn't. I'd check the 'opt out' box. I like my name. For financial reasons it would be nice to be Bill Gates. But, ewwwwww. I'd much rather be poor ol' Anni.
[Song: The Name Game....Shirley Ellis]

-What do you say when you are frustrated? Several expletives. And you? What do you do/say?
[Song: "There I said it Again"....Bobby Vinton]

-Thought for the day I'm thinking...don't rush me. Gimme some time...no, really...thought is coming real soon.
[Song: Don't Rush me....Taylor Dayne]

-How you would like to die quick and painlessly...a beautiful way to die
[Song: I Want to Die a Beautiful Death....Everclear]

-Your soul's present condition Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air!
    Believe it or not,I'm walkin' on air,
    I never thought I could feel so free;
    Flyin' away on a wing and a pray'r,
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not, it's just me.

lyrics by J. Scarbury?



-Your motto I DO THINGS anni's WAY....
[Song: My Way...Frank Sinatra]

- - -


Oh, and before you go...my 2nd piece of advice is:
Never go to bed angry.
Stay awake all night to plot revenge......for this meme!!!





<><><>


  1. Disguised :: Masquarade
  2. Big wheel :: .... keep on turnin'...Proud Mary keep on burnin'
  3. Irritating :: Itchy, eczema
  4. Care :: Giver
  5. Grandpa :: and Grandpa
  6. Shooting :: Star
  7. Sunglasses :: Shades
  8. Stampede :: Rodeo [as in Greeley, Colorado---Greeley Stampede...]
  9. Painstakingly :: Extreme effort
  10. Terrible position :: Uncomfortable




POSTED: Sunday, August 23rd, 2009
6:17 A.M.

29 comments :

  1. Bravo to the seven drawfs of menopause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the same thing I did with that Sunday Stealing meme- omit the artist. Then Thom made fun of me so I changed it. lol...


    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/im-thinking-its-almost-sunday.html

    oh- btw--I'm with ya on that menopause thing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet Huh? You musta came in to comment as I was still working on some. I knew the song title, but was unsure of some....so, while you were commenting, I was still Googling for some. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe - that was a tough one - guess I should have let my son be a guest blogger today it was all his own work!
    Thanks for stopping by mine - hope you noticed I removed the @ in the link!!
    Enjoy your day
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Masquerade in your Unconscious Mutterings. I would have never thought of that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. knowing me how cani not visit ur prompt :D

    -Your relationship WITH WHAT? or WITH WHOM? Too vague. I have a relationship with my computer, my home, my family, my car, my kitties, my friends...Yep, this is way too vague to answer.
    [Song: Welcome to My World....Eddy Arnold]

    my favorite :D

    love it!
    I might quote it somewhere :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anni, You do the best job with your answers to the memes... I loved them! and the Seven Dwarf Cartoon was so darn funny. Have a great Sunday!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice twist to the answers. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous answers!! I also loved the Seven Dwarves of Menopause :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I'm going to see if I can do the song one.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, Anni, I think I'm supposed to feel really old here after your comment that most of probably don't know your song choices anyway, because I can sing nearly all of them from memory! I haven't heard "Spiders and Snakes" in ages, but my sisters and I used to sing it all the time in squealy, high-pitched voices to drive our mom crazy. :) I've been lucky enough to have seen, and met in person multiple times, both Ray Price (my mom's all-time favorite -- tied with Tom Jones -- singer) and Bobby Vinton, so I know both of those songs by heart, too. I could go on and on, but I think it's time for my daily dose of Geritol, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative answers! You have me humming in my head. Great song!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni,

    Knew every song there...does that mean we're old? LOL

    I love your seven dwarves. Adorable and oh, so true.

    Hope you have a great day, Anni. It's a dreary one here again today and looks like rain. A tornado hit near Toronto again last night and of course I'm keeping an eye on Hurricane Bill.

    Blessings,
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry that I have not been here in a long long time but this summer has been one of the busiest in quite sometime. Hopefully things will slow down and I can get back to all of my blogging friends..Hope both you and Bud are good.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had the same for transportation...gotta love The Beach Boys! Great choice for the motto too! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That was a different way to go! But I liked it! I think the key to this one was picking an artist with a huge repetoire! Luckily, Willie is one of my favorites! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answers! My mind is too mushy too attempt the artist/song meme, but you did bring back memories from the 70's of a tv show that I can not remember the name to. "Walking on air...."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't worry Be Happy....

    ReplyDelete
  19. just rambling... I think that was my daughter's favorite...21 Jump Street?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Thanks for the Birthday Wishes yesterday! Had a great day! Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  21. thx for the giggles...enjoyed the read!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ROFLMAO...those Seven dwarfs of menopause are absolutely the best. Great answers all the way around :) All different artists? LOL. Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of people chose Weird Al, which I think is interesting! Good job on your list. I like that you chose "My Way"...makes a lot of sense!

    Take care~Eve

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved it all today, Anni, but the dwarfs deserve a place in the hall of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your new header!!

    Love your SS and UM answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Usually only "see" you on thursdays - but this meme looked so much fun on thom's blog I had to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Only one match this week.

    Like your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL love your SS post.

    I redid mine...I followed the rules this time. :)

    http://www.fairyblogmotherblog.com/2009/08/sunday-stealing-do-over.html

    ReplyDelete

.