“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







Yesterday, I had mentioned that there is a new javascript for commenting on blogs...that there is a nice, very much wanted by some Blogger Blog Owners, the 'reply' button. I was visiting others that play the Thrusday Meme and came upon this feature and signed the blog in the newly designed comment section. Unknowing that there is a 'catch' with the javascript. Anyway, I clicked on the link provided "JS-Kit" below the comment windows, and read the privacy policy that is at their home site. I didn't like what I read. It's as close to being spyware without being called spyware!! I quickly went to my browser's tools section and cleaned out all my viewing history and cookies....you DO have that option. So, I received a couple of emails and some of the comments that were left in my BLOGGER comments yesterday asking to have more information if I had time. Of course I do.....

I think some are still confusing the embedded comments that Blogger now has featured. Which is a WHOLE 'NOTHER ball of wax. That has to do with your browser preferences set up...accepting 3rd party cookies/or NOT. It too can be found in your tools section. In order for you to leave comments/or sometimes even SEE the comment box with Blogger blogs...you must have enabled 3rd Party cookies with your preferences, to actually be able to leave comments in the 'embedded comment form' on some Blogger Blogs.

But again, the JS-Kit comment feature that is actually a widget...it's different than Blogger's embedded comments...Here's what you'd see as you browse to a blog with JS-Kit Comments:

This image can be enlarged!! Click on it. It will open to a full NEW window, and if you wish to return to my blog post, just "X" out of the linked image.



About their Privacy Policies that are unknown to innocent visitors who leave their comments/signature----------


JS-Kit Privacy Policy as shown/read on their site

In part:

    "We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf."
      "JS-Kit may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy."


Before signing anyone's comments [or if you HAVE previously left comments] that utilize the JS-Kit for comments or other services they provide...beware of the Privacy Policy of the company!!! If you have signed their comments and are leery of what you read here, there is a way to delete their cookies:

Internet Explorer:

TOOLS/Delete Browsing History/COOKIES/delete cookies button/"YES"
Firefox:

Tools/Options/Privacy/Show Cookies button/then:
either highlight the cookies listed and then "Remove Cookies" button OR..."Remove ALL Cookies"

Opera:

Tools menu/Select Delete private data/Click the "Details" button/Delete cookies

I'm not sure about the browser Safari...you would have to go out on the net or your browser's "help" button/key for this one. I've never used it.

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for the info. I ran across two of those yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it all sounds chinese or greek. I don't understand anything and I have never met such a comment box.
    I don't even know what an "embedded" comment means. It is very kind of you to help !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For people who leave comments on blogs with this service, the only "private" information that the service has is your name, email address, and blog URL. Word Press blogs use this information, too.

    It sounds to me like the only things we'd have to worry about is addtional SPAM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wee mermaid, and thanks for the info - yes I had noticed it on a number of blogs, so cleared my cookies too.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us know sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to let you know, I have passed a link to the post on to Carleen at Life, Liberty and Good Coffee. I remember reading this from your blog and want her to make sure she see's it. Oh the power of the internet and good blogging friends :) Aloha

    ReplyDelete

.