my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Sunday, May 31st, 2009
4:27 A.M.




For Sunday Stealing, scroll down below my "walk about", or CLICK HERE

A walk in the yard showing off all the 'whimsical' things, and some more flowers [are y'all tired of me posting posies yet? Y'know during the spring and summer months...it's all about flower gardens in our yard...] the 'trinkets' are mostly hidden until you're right up on 'em. Thing is, we still have a lot packed away. Our yard is much smaller than the one we had in Tucson. There just isn't room for it all. We've trashed some, we've packed others, and we've given other things away. But anyhow, I thought I'd do a walk about...

First, on the west edge of our patio we have a plant...a yellow trumpet. I've seen others in our neighborhood that are large enough to be considered small trees. I always cut it down over the few years we've lived here...goes to show you what I know. Maybe now I'll let it grow higher. Who knows. I do like the compactness of trimming it down tho...

In bud formation-

Beginning to open-

In full bloom-

---
We have accent lighting around the flower beds for the effect. Among our rose flower bed is a hidden Frog...with a dragon fly on his tongue...

---
Out front, off the porch the Esperanza is in full bloom...

---
In the corner by a huge tree and pyracantha bush is some stuff of the 'oriental flair'...a couple of iron pagoda candle lights and a few white figurines among the orange flowering bush [I can't recall the specific name for it...it starts with an "I"] and the purple geisha girl flowering bush...

---
We have a few pots with flowering annuals, hidden among the flowers miniature gnomes and fairies...

---
Turtles, turtles, and woodland creature...oh my!

---
Fox family...

---
Raccoon family & Coyote...

---
A wooden Kokopelli [life size, Bud made] and a full [but, not for long] bird feeder...






<><><>

30 comments :

  1. hey Anni!

    have a wonderful Sunday!

    and yes I am always lookin to read you :D

    and honestly this prompt is like it comes from a wise woman :)
    yes hate is a waste of life but is it possible to be so clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AD Like I said...it's a waste. So, ya, I think I can be 'clean' as you state. Why bother with trivial things like hate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of you--really don't know why. Just wanted you to be able to answer YES on that question #17.

    Seriously now--real serious. Our trumpet tree--it is now a tree--was only a small plant two years ago. It gives off an odor, a smell, an aroma so sweet at night...it permiates the 'hood. And we LOVE it. (You do take care, wash hands after touching it, etc. It's rather poisonous.)

    And I can cut a branch off from anywhere, stick it in some sand, a couple weeks later I have another small "tree".

    And I am not a gardener, I just cut stuff down -grin. (Maybe THAT could be something I'm jealous of you about?)...Ya like the grammar?

    Love you blog. Thanks.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey enjoyed your responses and found them informing and entertaining....will be careful about the MSG stuff in the Chinese take away...

    Thanks for dropping by!

    Have a great SS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. # 19 - exactly! Happy Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your yellow trumpet? here they're called moonflowers. their scent at night to me, epitomises summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hootin' Annie and her Big Hunk :0
    Too funny.
    Loved your garden pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers, Anni. :) The candy looks nice though am not really fun of any candy bars. :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shadow & Steve I guess I should clarify this one photo...it's not moonflowers --the kind that bloom at night. Nor does it have fragrance...it blooms all day long. To clarify it, they're not just yellow trumpets...their common name is Angel Trumpets. They are grown in white, purple, pink [salmon] and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right on no. 19 Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thanks for passing by!!

    I also say, don't hate, participate lol!!

    Allow me to say that your pictures are gorgeous =)

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Sunday, Anni. I enjoyed your answers to the questions posed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool-I liked all your answers and have to agree w/ most -- cute garden features tell me about the kokopeli? I know it is a SW thing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni,

    Your yard is fantastic. Love the fox and raccoon families along with the coyoted.

    Those yellow trumpets are beautiful and thanks so much for the information on them.

    Have a wonderful day and enjoy your chat with Irene.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Anni's House Cleaning Extraordinaire! So true that would be me! Okay now Big Hunk? That doesn't have any chocolate in it does it? Are you crazy? ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, I enjoyed seeing what is blooming in your yard. I just joined Green Thumb Sunday and posted a couple photos from the deck. Maybe you want to stop by and take a peek.

    And the Big Hunk candy bar made me LOL for real. Way way WAY back when hubby and I were teenagers and dating, we had a private, and a bit naughty, joke about me wanting a "big hunk" and every once in a while he would bring me the candy bar and we would have a good laugh about it. So when I saw that photo of it here, I did Laugh Out Loud. :)

    oh ... and .... I NEED some of those iron pagoda lights. Do you recall where you got them?

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am jealous of your yard! Beautiful pictures. I enjoyed your answers for SS too, I was just taken away by the pictures. LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answers this week! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the pic at the top of your page. I have a siamese. :)

    I've never heard of a Big Hunk candy bar. Looks like white chocolate?

    Your answer to #15 was similar to mine. ha ha

    I read your profile and I'm jealous that you can crochet! I tried for the first time the other day and it didn't quite work out. (I blogged about it.)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photo tour of your yard. I still say you need to come landscape mine. :)

    I enjoyed the meme. I haven't had a Big Hunk in years. (Why does that sound dirty without the picture of the candy bar?)

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll not get tired of your flowers if you don't get tired of mine! We had the trumpet flowers in the yard of our cottage in Hawaii last year - just gorgeous!

    I used to love Big Hunks, but I don't ever see them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anni. I think I can clear up the names of those plants for you. The one with the trumpet shaped flower looks like a datura...it's an hallucinogen used by the Native Americans in some of their ceremonies. The plant that begins with "I" looks like an ixora.

    You must have a beautiful garden, from all the photos you post about the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni, you have beautiful flower gardens! And I love your answers to SS. I'm with you on #19!

    ReplyDelete
  24. owww Hugh Jackman! I love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You cannot beat U2! Hope your weekend went well. Survive Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Burned out sockets are the worst. We have sockets right now that work on most things but won't charge laptops...weird!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent list....love #15

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have a wonderful garden Anni, it looks very cosy and well cared for! Loved your answers to this S Stealing meme, and you know what? We both have the same cleaning service, mine is just a different department, called Jientje's House Cleaning Extraordinaire. Yup!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mmmm... that Hugh Jackman keeps popping up in people's answers. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a nice week. :)

    ReplyDelete

.