my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Tuesday, April 7th, 2009
4:30 A.M.

Join Here

"List Three"

List three things from any category. Your choice. (Remember, this is TAILS and that means your post should be a real list of some sort.)

Hmmmmmm, think 'three' Anni! Now, what can I do that would represent my blog, my personality, AND coincide with the theme this week for Heads or Tails? Afterall, I think doing these weekly memes, the post should in some way represent the blogger; not just making a random post. Right? Okay then, maybe some of my favorite 'THREE-cell' comics! [I have a manila folder filled with saved newspaper and magazine cartoons that I found so funny, I couldn't just NOT save them, y'know? ---yes, my collection goes back to the early 1960s, up to just days ago.] I'm always clipping out some and stashing them in my folder for future use. Today, they came in handy. I scanned five of ones I've saved over the years. [all comics here can be enlarged for better reading; in a new window!!] All are THREE cells, from THREE of my favorite strips...
    Garfield
    Mother Goose and Grimm
    Born Loser:


For all the cookie lovers:


For all the hypochondriacs:


For the Easter fans [and M&M lovers]:


For those that ♥ Garfield's Ornery streak:


For all the bird doo doo lovers [and Leonards!]



Three other favorites that don't fit into the 3-cell category:
    Pickles
    Ziggy
    Peanuts


Three things I do with them:
    Snip 'em
    Save 'em
    Scan 'em ---for you!!!!

28 comments :

  1. very clever anni, and funny too. i love me garfield!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the last one! It is soooo funny and so true. Sometimes they just have such perfect timing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Now I am not square - so does that mean I am round?

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a certified GARFIELD Lover!

    you have a unique collection>>>

    ReplyDelete
  5. DC has a "funny file" too. Sometimes he just needs to go and get a funny fix.

    These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the one person in the world not watching House. Whew. There are two of us. It's nice to know I'm not alone! That episode does sound a bit tacky..

    Anni, I believe you are a pack rat! Have you publicly acknowledged this yet? LOL!

    I always roll my eyes at commercials. Especially ones for depression that say "may cause depression." Huh?? What???

    Is there a large group of people who are bird doo doo lovers? I don't know, but that comic is funny, as are the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I needed a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    I don't usually watch House, but hubby does. I think he missed that one unless it was on late.

    Love the comics. Garfield is a favorite.

    Enjoy your day. We have snow on the ground. Not something I look forward to in April.

    Thanks for your comment on my poem. Aunt May is definitely missed this week.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, where do you keep all the things you accumulate and, more importantly, how do you remember you have them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have quit watching House.
    I love Garfield.
    I enjoyed reading your post today and I had my laugh to start my day.
    Thanks.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't do House... but LOVE the comics! One of my favorites is Zits! That kid reminds me so much of my boys it just cracks me up! And another is Calvin & Hobbs! Comics are just good reading! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rethinking putting M&M's in my son's Easter basket this year ... (tee hee)

    Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read comics in so long. I miss them! Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your list. Ages since I've read a good comic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw house last night and I to wondered if the person who played Dr Kutner in real life committed suicide.
    One of my nephew committed suicide a few years back and it real effected the family.

    I haven't read comic strips for years. When I was a little girl my grandfather would read me the Sunday comics as I sat on his lap.

    I guess I'm not square I stop in.
    The coffee is always on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny, Garfield was my favorite, I just love your Easter bunny, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to watch Dr. House too, but for the moment there is a break because the new series have to be translated into french first. We are always a few seasons behind, lol !
    The cartoons are really funny !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are awesome lists....I love the cartoons....but I have to say you had me on the pickles,peanuts and Ziggy.....very creative....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too funny! Thanks for posting these rare bits of wild humor. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey !!! that was awesome !! i love garfeild and peanuts :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list! I enjoyed reading them. Never can have too many cartoons to lift our spirits. Even Crankshaft, who is at times very grouchy, makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't get here often, but when I do I am always happy and leave smiling. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cartoon clips.
    I've never seen the TV show you referenced at the top, but, then again, there's not a lot I've seen lately.
    I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have only seen House a couple of times. Seems as though they are trying to boost ratings and took advantage of the actors departure.

    I LOVE COMICS. I actually search thrift stores and garage sales for the comic treasury books. LOVE them. Garfield is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice, nice three!

    thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I watched House faithfully the first two years it was on but when the third season started I found it was going downhill and just stopped watching it. They probably did that episode to get some viewers back! lol

    Love the comics:-) Shawn had saved up over 15 years of Garfield comics he had clipped out of the newspapers and just last year I brought the boxes to him. I was devastated when I found out Wendy made him throw them all out because she hates clutter, even boxes! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  27. so fun annie!
    I used to have ziggy wallpaper in my apartment! Great memory!
    thx for visiting me
    I will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete

.