my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sunday, May 3rd, 2009
5:32 A.M.




Join Here

The Twenty Firsts Meme

First Job: Summer babysitting.

First Real Job: Head Receptionist at Chamber of Commerce

First Favorite Politician: JFK --- Lincoln was actually a favorite of mine, but of course, only in reading about him. JFK was my first awareness of a politician in real time.

First Car: FORD [paid for with my babysitting money from above mentioned]

First Record/CD: I have no clue. Probably something of Elvis's And it'd be a 45RPM

First Sport Played: Technically it's Jump Rope I guess....I used to do the double rope. But for school, it was always baseball and gymnastics.

First Concert: The 5th Demension & Righteous Brothers. Two in one concert, at the Amphitheater [in Washington D. C.] I still have the ticket stub and the program, but can't find it as I was searching and scanning this morning for the 'famous person' question, below---
AGE OF AQUARIUS - on Imeem
UNCHAINED MELODY - on Imeem

First Foreign Country Visited: [I'm inclined to say Texas, 'cause truly it's a whole 'nother country -kidding!] But in reality it'd be Mexico

First Favorite TV Show: Oh my, this is taking me back way too far. That's some 50 years ago, probably. Let's see....maybe Saturday Cartoons...like Bugs Bunny Show. [Pepe Le Pew was my favorite]

First Favorite Actor: Paul Newman [all time favorite, I do ♥ Johnny Depp too, but he's not been around as long a Mr. Newman was.]


First Favorite Actress: Ingrid Bergman


First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: Bobby [4th grade]

First Encounter with a Famous Person: At work...an annual convention. Guest Speaker was Olympic Star from the 1950s. I got his autograph, when I was back stage after the 'show'. Ordained in 1946 as a minister in the Church of the Brethren, he was elected to the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame in 1983. In 1984, the Reverend Bob Richards ran for president of the United States.


First Brush With Death: In water, trying to learn to swim.

First House/Condo Owned: Had a home built 1968/69

First Film Seen: Ben Hur & I had a crush on Hur's nemesis, Messala, played by Stephen Boyd.

First Favorite Recording Artist: Bill Medley ---love his deep voice! And Rod Stewart!!! [saw him in concert too!!]

First Favorite Radio Station: Who knows. I've always tried to find the "Oldies" station wherever we live, and travel. Here, it's KMXR Oldies 93.9

First Book I Remember Reading:


Dunno for sure...again, that's way back in time. It'd probably be Wizard of Oz. A favorite story of mine. The first ones I do remember are school books. And how I loved to go to the school library. What fun.


First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: Wordless Wednesday which I don't do any longer. Mainly because too many people aren't wordless as it was meant to be.



~...END Sunday Stealing Meme
COMMENT HERE if you'd like to skip the award received & handed out below







<><><>




I received this from Carleen @ Life Liberty and Good Coffee--thank you so much for the recognition. Your kindness is much appreciated!!!


Here’s the purpose of the award:

The Prémio Dardos is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

These are the rules:

  1. Accept the award by posting on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
  2. Pass the award to another 10 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they've been selected for this award.


My 10 Bloggers are listed below. They have all contributed to my enjoyment with thier originality of their blogging style either with down home atmosphere, love of family values, humor, or instigating a vivid interest on a given subject which I research further after reading the daily entry. All are inspirational for me in some way. Either their writing style, their humor, their photography, their faith, the recipes, their tours shared, family devotion, many many reasons---

MARY
PEA
MELLI
DAWN [private]
MAR
GATTINA
SHADOW
MARY
DENISE
MARY


32 comments :

  1. Loved reading your answers!
    Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have quite a few responses in common, and a couple of yours jogged my memory. I did have a brush with death at a lake in upstate New York where my mom was from. Gotta fix that one!

    You're so right about Texas! ;) I tell my family who live there that Texas is actually only one of 50 United States. I'm still not sure that they believe me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear Anni:-)

    I'm getting ready to go to the weekly auction but have a bit of time to visit a few of my favourite people:-)

    I so enjoyed reading your answers to the questions, my first job was also babysitting but I never saved enough to buy myself a car! lol My very first record album was Elvis' 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong that Santa had brought me:-)Like you, I also prefer to listen to the Oldies...love country as well. Do you ever wonder whatever happened to your first boyfriend Bobby? I've lost touch with most of the people I used to go to school with.

    Congratulations on receiving the well deserved Premio Dardos award, my friend, and thank you so much for passing it on to me! Truly appreciated:-)

    Have a wonderful day and thank you again for being such a delightful friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answers. I'm impressed with your organizational abilities if you can find things like that autograph so quickly.

    Congrats on the award and hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at your answer about the foreign country. My first encounter with Texans was when I was in college in Oklahoma - I found them to be amazingly bragadocious!

    I almost drowned when I was 10 - hit a drop-off in a Minnesota lake. Still can't swim.

    Thank you so much for the wonderful award - it is greatly appreciated!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment :-); I really enjoyed reading yours. Happy Sunday!...do visit me back, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have some lovely firsts... what i like about these things is the memories they evoke...

    congratulations and thank you sooooo much for the awon your award. it's a lovely one. thank you for thinking of me too.

    and may i add i love the kitty looking over me. the necklace is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    I enjoyed your "Firsts" meme. My first album was also one of Elvis'.

    I babysat for my first job and my first car was a Ford station wagon. That old car got me to work and back for many years.

    You are very deserving of the lovely award and thanks so much for passing it on to me. I appreciate it more than you know.

    Take care and have a wonderful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ Texas! So true!

    Have a great Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hootin Annie!
    Love stopping by here on meme days.
    I keep wishing that someone would re-do the songs from The 5th Dimension. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you must have made a lot babysitting. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did really good with this meme. I kind of found it boring. I actually knew some of your answers, Sorry I was born in the mid 70s!

    From my meme - the actress question - Soleil Moon Frye - Punky Brewster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't beat Newman & Bergman. Two of the best ever! That concert sounded great. I saw Bill Medley in Vegas once. It was shortly after his hit "Time of My Life" but he did all the Righteous songs, but actually had a woman do Hatfield's parts. It was still great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers!

    I loved reading the Wizard of Oz... everyone should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree....I think Texas is a foreign country..Maybe Mexas! Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni,
    Many of your answers were a trip down memory lane for me as we're pretty much the same "vintage"
    I was thinking about your first book answer and I remember reading the Bobbsie Twins, Five Little Peppers, and Nancy Drew series. Still have that love of reading even today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never learned how to double dutch, but jumping rope was really fun. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, I loved your answers and I want to thank you for sharing the Premio Dardos award with me. While I'll have to think a bit about who I'll pass it to, I know who to hug.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ingrid Bergman is awesome.

    That would be Mr. Steve Yzerman!! Geez. No one seemed to get that one.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ingrid Bergman really was marvellous. The first movie of hers I remember seeing was "Murder on the Orient Express."

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh - and I thought I knew you so well! *S*
    Loved reading all the new things about you. It's been too long since I've been here. Lots of hugs to you from me
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed your answers to the meme. Congrats on your award, and thanks for passing it on to me. I love and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a friend who lived in Texas a few years and she said Texas who a whole other planet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My first car was a 1964 red Chevrolet Impala SS. The first book I remember reading was Little Women. And my first favorite actor was Robert Mitchum. I was in love with him for most of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great answers...especially the last one...I loved it. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  26. My first "famous" person was a weatherman for the local news. I was 12 and I thought he was the coolest thing!

    (I don't even watch the weather report now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Ms. Anni, got here from Cecille's blog. my first time hehehe.. glad to read some stuff about you...

    BTW, I am now following your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Visiting! Hope we can exchange link..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you very very much for this nice award !

    My first record was from Elvis (lol)
    My first "job" also was babysitting
    but my first movie was the coronation of Queen Elizabeth, there was no TV at that time and my favourite actor was Rock Hudson !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your answers rocked! Nice sports! And Paul Newman! Very nice indeed! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anni! I was on the road travelling home all day yesterday -- sorry I missed this then! Thank you for the award! So sweet of you to think of me!

    I think my sister was at that concert you attended! Isn't that funny!? She loved the Righteous Brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't remember my first radio station I listened to either. What a question!

    I enjoyed reading your answers. :o)

    ReplyDelete

.