“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Sunday, April 26th, 2009
6:32 A.M.




Join Here
Sunday Stealing:

On with Sunday Stealing Meme...but first: Sorry I wasn't around to visit a lot of you yesterday...we were getting the house ready to paint the exterior. The trim around the brick, the eaves, the front porch, cleaning hurricane shutters, and power spraying around the patio...now that the covering is off the patio...being that that is done, we can move forward and do some much needed painting! So, after that was done, we went and picked out some exterior paint and all the implements needed to begin that. It was a long day for us. But now we can begin. I've been wanting this done now for about two years, and having Bud take all the dark roofing down, around the patio and living room and dining room...it is time to move to the next step before hurricane season begins. In doing so, going around the house I spotted that the huge tree in the front yard is insect damaged...it's beginning to split from the ground up...so I did a lot of calling around for tree surgeons. Ewwwwwww. I hate to see it go, but it must be taken out otherwise, it will break in a windstorm and damage either OUR house or the neighbors. Bummer.



Sunday Stealing: The Mud Meme

1. What are your current obsessions?
Painting the exterior of the house. I want to get it all done before the rainy season [June!]

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Jeans!!! Jeans, jeans and more jeans.

3. What's for dinner?
Turkey meat loaf, Garlic/Butter mashed potatoes, always tossed salad, and chocolate-dark cherry oatmeal bars.

4. Last thing you bought?
Cat food!!!

5. What are you listening to?
The water running...Bud is in the hall bathroom shaving.

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
Isis? She was worshiped as the ideal mother and wife, matron of nature and magic...I guess I do do magic with growing flowers/plants in my garden; that's nature and magical. As for ideal wife and mother? Well, that is possibly a misnomer then.

7. Favorite holiday spots?
Home. And I also love to go shopping in the early part of the holiday season to view the sparkles of the city & watch the kids with Santa Claus.

8. Reading right now? Henry & Clara. I only have a couple more chapters to read. Then, I think I'll begin reading Hitler's Niece.

9. 4 words to describe yourself.
Sexagenarian, Old-Country, Fair, Female

10. Guilty pleasure?
Right now it's Ferrero Rocher Chocolate

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
Jeff Dunham and his cohorts.

12. Planning to travel to next?
I'm a homebody. Next place would be Houston probably. Or along the coastal highway.

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
See #10.

14. When did you last get tipsy?
Oh my....only once...when I was a teenager. Ummmmm, it was my wedding shower...a local establishment was rented out...with lots of friends. In fact ONE friend called Bud and had him come pick me up and drive me home.

15. Care to share some wisdom?
Don't dwell on the negative!!! IN FACT --the best way to forget troubles is to wear TIGHT, UNCOMFORTABLE SHOES.
    OR.....If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it will always be yours. If it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with. But, if it just sits in your living room, messes up your stuff, eats your food,uses your telephone, takes your money, and doesn't appear to realize that you had set it free....... You either married it or gave birth to it.

16. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you? "You have great looking legs." I'm still told that. A lot. At least something on my body has withstood the ages. LOL

32 comments :

  1. I'm with ya on those outdoor chores. They're endless.
    Oh, and you are right. You can never have too many jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds yummy!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you been rooting among the old snaps Anni as well as me.
    Are you as surprised as me at how damn good you looked, yet at the time didn't think so?
    That one of you with your kids 30+ years ago is lovely.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's from Colorado (Pagosa Springs), my baby sister lives in Vidor, and my favorite aunt in Lake Jackson. Big difference between the dry heat in Arizona and the humid summers of the Gulf coast! :0

    Happy Sunday to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad about the huge tree in your yard. I hate it when a tree has to go - you know how valued they are around here!

    #15 - love it. The shoe thing is so true! And the quote about setting it free - so true - especially about giving birth to it. Too funny!

    You are blessed to have good looking legs - mine are not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinner sounds lovely. Beats my chips every time. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, great answers! I love chocs too and your # 15 sounds hilarious but really make sense. I would love to try that next time i get bitchy with negative thoughts. :)

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your answers! Good luck with the painting this week - it's a big job! So sorry about you having to lose a tree... Dinner sounds yummy!

    Enjoy your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chores are one thing that a house does not lack, seems like there is always something to do. Sorry about your tree, the bigger they are the more you feel bad but at least you are not like some others I know that have cut them down because they are messy or they want more yard space. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your wisdom. so counter-productive not to...

    good luck with the painting. that's a HUGE task... and i've always wanted to know why they call those people tree surgeons, when all they do is actually chop trees down???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good answers. Your dinner sounds great (as do Ferrero Rocher chocolates - definitely a pleasure worth the guilt). Liked your uncomfortable shoe wisdom. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are and have been very busy.
    Painting needs to be done just not much fun. Love the Foo dogs for protection .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ferrero Rocher chocolates were my GP in 2006. I'm happy you're Isis(?) which means I got good company; and I'll keep no. 15 in mind. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh great legs eh :D

    http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/04/mud-bath.html
    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni,

    I love #15 and it's definitely the truth. LOL

    You told us how hard you and Bud worked on the house. Don't overdo it. That's hard work. Looking for photos as the work progresses, or at least when it's finished.

    Take some time today for yourself.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a homebody too :) Homebodies unite!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. interesting answers you have there. as for me, yups i had my sinful dinner. PIZZA ! and the whole of it. =P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ferrero Rocher = yummy.

    I'd rather have my troubles on my mind then unhappy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. Don't envy the house prep for painting


    ... but dinner sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That house painting sounds like a big undertaking, but will be so satisfying to get that done.
    I didn't realize that June was your rainy season. We're just ending ours and won't get more till fall probably.
    Enjoyed your meme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi~ I am a homebody myself and I love your answer on number 15. It should be my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dinner sounds very tasty! What time should we all be there?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dinner sounds mouth-watering. I think we should all go.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmmm... garlic butter mashed potatoes.

    Go great legs you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, I eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups every day - but I don't feel guilty about it. So I guess my guilty pleasure would be beer, which is why my answer to #14 is last night. I do feel guilty - but it was a fun evening!

    #15 is so true - who needs a negative nelly? Love the twist on that old familiar quote too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you are enjoying your day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your words of wisdom are absolutely THE best! :) Have a great Sunday! Good luck with all that painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your dinner sounds delish! But where's the cheese? : )

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You didn't mutter today! Wow!! Loving the old photos on your new do ;o)

    p.s. Can I come to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  30. So ya got legs huh...nothing better :)...Love your number 5 as well...great meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're a woman who has her priorities in order. For while our cats love us, they will turn on us on a dime if we don't keep them in kibble. Congrats on having great legs, and thanks for visiting my SS.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great looking legs are an awesome commodity!

    ReplyDelete

.