my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009
12:01 A.M. [posted early on Monday]


Join Here


EDGE - "Any Past Theme"
This is the first appearance for the new category! (Aren't you excited????) Search through the themes list and pick out one you may have missed, or already did and want to do again. (Please make your selection from a past theme.)





#67 December 2 HEADS --shine






I think I'll go with #67 on the list; shine. And put a 'new twist' on it. But first....here's the link from the one HoT I did previously, this past year, with the same theme. The Sunshine of my life. [it should open in a new window]


The new 'twist' to shine is the table's centerpiece for Valentine's Day. I crocheted a small placemat with reds and pinks and then added the shine and twist with a metalic heart wire garland. And added some more shine to the small bowl that holds a couple of rosebuds, adding metalic red 'shredded grass'. The bowl is clear glass, and it also has hearts molded into the EDGE around the top rim.



The candle holders are glass...glass birds. I also found, and couldn't resist buying the two mouse lovers...you'll see them below in closeup photos [all with mouseover captions]....







~...end Heads or Tails
[comment HERE if you'd like to skip my TAG just below}









<><><>


I've been tagged. RoseAnn @ The Social Frog tagged me with the SIX HAPPY THINGS meme...Here goes:

The Rules
1. Link to the person who has tagged you
2. Write down six things that makes you happy.
3. Post the rules, tag six others and let them know you tagged them.
4. Tell the person who tagged you when your entry is done.

My six things:
    1] Giggling at my cats' antics. Especially when they're playing chase and Winston has a huge ornery streak and loves to tease Tahoe. Thing is, Tahoe is so big and fat [she keeps Winston from over eating if you get my drift]...and she can't keep up with his young mind and body. He gets the best of her most all the time. I think maybe he's getting even because she eats his share all the time. LOL
    2] Sitting down and playing Uno, Cribbage, Card games, Trivial Pursuit, Dominoes, Racko and chess with Bud. Not all at once, but it's a happy time to play games and win. I even get happy that he wins some....but, I don't let him do it too often. Got to keep the challenge and competitive interest alive in him y'know.
    3] A good doctor's report!!
    4] Getting phone calls from our son Erik, or daughter Irene, and my sister!! Those calls are the only ones I actually answer. I have caller ID and if I see their photos come on the phone pad, I answer it. Otherwise, I don't answer...that too makes me happy, 'cause I don't like using phones at all.
    5] Having good friends...
    6] A warm balmy wonderful relaxing day on the beach, with a good book. As the surf plays its melody, and the birds sing to me...that is a happy, happy day.

27 comments :

  1. They are beautiful. The photos really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have put together for Valentine's Day. It sure is pretty and definitely 'shines'.

    I also enjoyed reading your meme. Good answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two mouse lovers are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centerpiece! It's so pretty and cute! You're very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday when my kids are a little older and more careful I will have cute table centerpieces like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    I liked your first post about shine and enjoyed this one as well. You have a knack for home decor. I like what you've done to brighten up your home for Valentine's Day.

    It was fun reading your meme. I also enjoy uno, trivial pursuit and card games with the boys. They are learning to play cribbage. I bought Brandon a cribbage board for his birthday last year.

    Sending you an email about the book you mentioned.

    Blessings for a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh, your wonderful decorations again. a true pleasure!

    (whisper)and i need to steal your happy's... replace dog with cat, definately uno, friends and a balmy day on the beach with a book, ahhhhh, heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet !! loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you love ALL holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, just noticed you are a fellow Aquarian (is that a word?). We enjoy all that sort of stuff, guess I should update my center piece also. Sitting on the beach, listening to the waves and reading a book would make me very happy also. Being out in the middle of corn fields make me miss the beach even more. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Valentine decorations. Do you collect mice and glass birds? I have a very small collection of mice and a smaller collection of glass birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty! I love shiny things :)

    My HOT entry is here

    Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the cute valentine...i kept it as it is so cute..reminds me of the old ones that i used to get...Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wish i had the same patience to do some beautiful home crafts just like you. one are one talented lady!

    thanks for dropping by my two hot entries

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful.

    Love your page decor too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So shiny! I love the little mouse lovers. They're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol you sound just like me. I answered the phone for too many years at work, so now I avoid it like the plague. Thank goodness for caller id!

    Thanks for leaving such nice comments on my blog!

    I love your creativity for Valentine's Day. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those mouse are tooooo cute! And they look ready to party, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so pretty! You are getting me into the Valentine mood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. such nice shiny things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are talented... nice 'shine' HoT...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did I mention how amazed I am by your craftiness?!

    I love your centerpiece! It's beautiful... and what a great spin on a previous theme.

    I wanted to invite you to my 14 Day Challenge. It's an easy way to help others and win prizes yourself! I hope you'll check it out and help me spread the word!

    Happy February! I "love" this month *smirk.*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that is some work! Lovely, and I am amazed at people who can create such pieces. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pretty crafty! What a beautiful center peice!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those two little mice are so adorable!! Love how you decorated your centerpiece, it's beautiful!

    Also enjoyed reading your 6 Happy Things...watching the cats' antics certainly is fun. The stray gray fluffy cat I'm feeding has started to play with the toy mouse I got for him and he has me in stitches from laughing so much watching him play with it. I love playing cribbage as well...my dad taught me how to play when I was very young:-)xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.