my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Tuesday, February 10th, 2009
4:50 A.M.




Join Here

"A Love Story" Our fearless leader prompts us:
    With Valentine's Day around the corner, I want everyone to post about a time when "Love" played a part in your life. It doesn't even have to be about a person. You can write about a beloved pet, your first car, etc.



Me? "Love playing a part of my life"? All I can say is I love,..... life!! So, a little piece of prose from me today that I composed especially for the subject given to us for Heads or Tails.



Though the years have piled on and times continually change for me
I walk the hours days months and all through the year
Loving Life!

With the good times and bad times I've most always been free
to walk the hours days months with laughter, sometimes shedding a tear
Loving Life!

I'm now past half century, I'm twenty times three
yet I walk the hours days months as ahead the steps appear
Loving Life!

Periodically I go dormant, only to rejuvenate as a deciduous tree
as I walk the hours days months as the new season; its premiere
Loving Life!

Family, friends, pets, memories are just a part: as you can well see
while I walk through the hours days months however times'll steer
Loving Life!

I'm here contemplating the loves of my life, yet life's them & me....
I walk through the hours days months years it's all so perfectly clear
I'M LOVING LIFE!!


- - -

I want to give my thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday yesterday on my Monday blog and in my 'day book blog! I will get around to visiting all of you today, I promise. Your comments and loving wishes and friendship means so much to me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.

29 comments :

  1. This is so awesome, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now if we could all adopt your love life attitude, the world will be a wonderful place. to live in and to love in. this is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I missed your birthday.... Happy Birthday!
    I LOVE your attitude... great HoT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "piece of prose"! Great job on HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your love of life comes through loud and clear every day. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE, THEREFORE I AM, thats my story and Im sticking to it! Happy belated birthday my friend! I finally got here albeit a day late, now Im off to check out your Fun Monday!

    Hugs and smoochies xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    It's apparent that you love life in all you write here. Life is what we make it. We can life with a negative attitude or look at things positively and enjoy our time here. You are an inspiration to me, my friend.

    Have a terrific week. I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh..I am late. Happy Belated BIRTHDAY!

    ...loved your post..very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was marvellous, and I so agree with you. You're given this life to live it, despite the hurdles, the burdens, the disasters.
    As for my life, I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and well written..Are you adjusting to this new time in your life..the 60's are good..take it from me...smile!1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love is a tag we slap on so many things. Now I am going to have to put my thinking cap on and make a love blog.

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can only agree ! I love life too ! and try to enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just perfect Love story !!! belated happy bday ... and happy valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Day After Your Birthday!!!!!

    Your outlook on life is such an inspiration. I want to be just like you when I grow up.

    Happy Tuesday sweet lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, belated happy birthday! i love what you wrote. more blessings to come,

    thanks for visiting my HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. FANTASTIC!!! I love, love, love this!!!

    Happy Belated Birthday - I hope your day was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you LOVE LIFE:-) I always say..."You only have one life so live it to the fullest and enjoy"!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, for such positivity. Someday I might get there. :)
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful thoughts,you put them in such amazing words.A belated Happy Birthday to you,hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday Anni, and I LOVED your HOT entry for love :)

    My HOT entry is here

    Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice post, to be sure - Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could not read your Love of Life without crying, it is so lovely, I am sentimental anyway. I appreciate you coming by and Happy Valentines Day to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy belated Birthday, you don't look a day past "Obama"!! I love you work here awesome poetry skills. Annie some would say "You got skills girl!!" And so would i

    ReplyDelete
  25. Belated Happy Birthday! Mine is the day after Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a great take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Love Day just in case I don't get back. It seems you are getting all it right, right now.
    I am glad you are "loving life!"
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed your post for today, Anni. I love life, too. Nice thoughts for today's theme.

    I haven't visited in a few days, so I missed seeing where you had a birthday yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely LOVELY ...(no pun intended). I had no time to play this week ... sigh! I've not done much visiting either. There are 17 unread posts under your name in my reader. Can it really have been that long or have you published more than once a day ... perhaps my reader is off??? Anyway ... I'm loving life too and will get back to this virtual world once my sister hits the road again.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.