my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


So, Irene called me Monday night for my birthday and asked:
    "How does it feel turning 60?!?!? Just another day, like dad would say? Or was there an epiphany of- 'Wow!! This is terrific?!?!'"
    I answered with: "I think I had an epiphany just the other day and flushed it down the toilet."

    Free Emoticon Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org
    She LAUGHED SO HARD I thought she'd done split a gasket!!!
    Free Emoticon Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org




Wednesday, February 11th, 2009

3:21 A.M.



Join -Wordful Wednesday

Take a good look at this photo. Do you see it? Do you see what I saw?....



    Singing: Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom)
    If I could take you up in paradise up above (sh-boom)
    If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love
    Life could be a dream, sweetheart
    (Hello, hello again, sh-boom and hopin' we'll meet again)

    Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom)
    If only all my precious plans would come true (sh-boom)
    If you would let me spend my whole life lovin' you
    Life could be a dream, sweetheart

    Now every time I look at you
    Something is on my mind (dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-duh)
    If you do what I want you to
    Baby, we'd be so fine!

    Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom)
    If I could take you up in paradise up above (sh-boom)
    If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love
    Life could be a dream, sweetheart


Can you guess what 'recent' movie this song is from? Hint: Automobiles!! LOL It's been going through my head for days now!! And the song prompted me to get a DVD out and watch it.

Y'all know I love movies. Anyway, while dear man of mine was taking a nap, I decided instead of making all kinds of noise doing things around the house, I'd sit down and watch a movie. Ha....my choice too. I didn't have to get any reflex discontent like "You've seen that 100 times already, let's watch something else". He was asleep. It was like a two hour party...it's my party and I could watch it if I wanted to, you would watch it too if it happened to you. Oh good, now I have TWO songs going through my head!! I and the cats, we settled down for nearly a couple of hours of entertainment. Sweet entertainment.

    Picture this:

We're lost, and in Radiator Springs.
Along the older American Highway...Route 66.
The town is nearly deserted, but for a few diehards...like, for instance a most adored character of mine....Tow Mater. Another, being that I was thinking of a best-loved celebrity of mine also recently, Paul Newman...."Doc" Hudson...the 1951 Hudson Hornet auto...an ex championship racer. Anyway, back to Mater...I just LOVE his nighttime antics of Tractor Tripping!! It is such a hoot. I always look forward to watching that section. And trust me...when I see a tractor out in the farm fields outside o' town on the country roads, I always think of Mater. Such an influence on this gal I tellya. Oh and my favorite line of Mater's? ---when he's finally getting his chance to fly in 'one a'dem fan-n-cy heleecopters' from Dinoco right near the end, when he shouts from the open hatch....he says "I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park." Gotta love it!!

So now, if y'all guessed the movie "Cars" you were absolutely correct!! It is one I think I could watch over and over and never tire of it. And honestly, I must 'fess up, I've watched it at least 25-30 times since it's release. Two times alone, at the theater. Once with Erik in Houston, and another time here with Bud. Couldn't wait for it to be out on DVD. Okay, so now, about that photo at the top of my Wordful Wednesday. Like I said, I've watched this a lot, and I never cease to see something I've missed before from the previous viewings. And it happened again....Right near the end...have y'all seen the movie too? Near the end. When the big race is ready to begin...Our hero, Lightning McQueen is preparing to win. Then, the Lap Parade...this is where in a race, there is a 'parade of cars'...usually the ones that are going to race against each other. And I'll be darned, if I didn't catch something I've never seen before...the Lap Parade of cars spells out TWO WORDS!!! PISTON and CUP. Which is the name of the race. Dang...what will I see next you wonder?!! Go head, embiggen the photo at the top...the photo is one I took 'off the TV' when I paused the dvd so's I could photygraph it [that was my Mater impressionistic speech]....Do you see what I see? Have y'all noticed that before? Well, I never!!!!

Yes, that's another "Anni toy"...I have a Mater in my room with all the movie memorabilia!
"Life Could Be a Dream" by Crew Cuts #1 on the billboard for 7 weeks in 1954.



~...end Wordful Wednesday









48 comments :

  1. oh the pleasure of doing what you want, when you want... cool movie! i loved it too. and your alphabet continues to stay mighty interesting! have a wonderful day today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gday Anni.. It was your birthday and you can do and watch what you want to yor hearts content.. HEHEHE Soon as I saw the first pic I knew what movie it was from.. i have also watched it a few times with the Grands.. the youngest just loves cars and thats all he wants to watch when he visits.....
    Warm hugs .. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never noticed that before in the movie which I absolutely love. I will have to watch it again which is such a chore!

    Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I can always find smiles, and entertainment at your blog my friend, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see the words until you pointed them out. I love when there are surprises like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love that movie too. Cade has a poster in his room. He claims he's too old for it now, but I suppose I'm just trying to slow him down from growing up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a coiled burner on the stove, too, but missed the G there -- I'll have to go back and look at it. G was a hard one to find, I thought. Great work on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I need to watch it now and go back and make some sense of this post! DC just loved it when he watched it with the grands.

    Once again, you live up to your name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow look at that. I have never seen the movie but I did not see it until you pointed it out. :) Disney always has cool stuff hidden in the details of their movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a 4 year old big boy - need I say more?

    GREAT MOVIE! It's one of the choices that I am happy to sit down and watch with him...again...and again...and again! And..I always see something new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How on EARTH did you ever see that??? Good eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DID notice the G on the coil burner! I'm glad now that I didn't use it! (wouldn't that be like two women showing up at the ball in the same gown?) Can't have THAT now! LOL! Great H find too -- and wee little - an easy one to MISS!


    My walls are NOT, no way Jose, staying white! But I was comparing my paint chip to the white and I'm worried. Very VERY worried.... I think I have 5 gallons of paint I MIGHT not be happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cars is one of my kids' faves! Great song, too, but I always think of the movie "CLUE" (yes, based on the game)when I hear that song!

    Cool letter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok..... I saw the letters but could not make out the words....... Need new glasses I guess....... and as for that epiphany!!!.......... That made me laugh out loud....... I think I had one of those when I turned 60...... I am headed to 62 in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your G!
    That's pretty cool about 'PISTON CUP'. Gotta love Cars!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just love that movie at our house too! Super cool. 60 is just a number. You are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cool! I've seen that movie hundreds of times (my 3 year old is a fan!) and never noticed that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew there were words - I just couldn't make it out

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual, I don't know this movie, but sleeping husbands in the afternoon I know very well !
    Congratulations to your findings for the alphabet, fortunately you have a lot of phantasy, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen that movie so many many times and never noticed. That is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have watched that movie many times and never noticed that they spelled piston cup. I'm going to show my son the next time we watch. I loved the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never noticed that! How cool!

    Oh and happy 60th birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    I'm glad that Bud slept and gave you a chance to watch CARS again. The boys love it and so do I. It would be a good movie to watch again. I had never noticed that the cars spelled Piston Cup. The boys also have the video game and we've laughed ourselves to death when I tried to play. It's hard keeping those cars on the road and I loose everytime. But the game is so fun...

    If you have time, drop over to Michelle's blog. I'm sure you'll enjoy her post today.

    Take care and enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have seen this movie, I think a million times! And know what it took me forever to see the "Piston Cup" words in Cars! haha..

    Great movie.

    Happy 60th!

    ReplyDelete
  25. THat is pretty funny about the epiphany, I'll have to keep that joke in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your "G" and "H" finds, they are cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your G is brilliant and your H was a heck of a find. I'd probably still be walking by that, clueless! Great job.

    Oh -- and I love "Cars," too! Why do the kids get all the great movies?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn't it interesting that a G-string isn't actually shaped like a "G"?
    No?
    Maybe not interesting, forget I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great alphabet finds - especially the G!
    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, I'll be darned, Anni! I had to embiggen to see it! I'm afraid to say I've never see "Cars." Oh I know, I know, I'm renting it from Netflicks now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I still haven't seen that movie. I guess I should watch it with my daughter sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday! Best wishes for a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for the sweet card.Hey,I have a Texas button for us Texas women.Would you like one?iIt's just to show we are proud of our state.It's in the side bar about half way down.Happy Birthday too..Ann

    ReplyDelete
  34. That G is a great find, so is the H by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are too much! I SEE the words spelled out in cars - PISTON CUP. I did not notice this in the movie. Go figure. I have only seen it once though. We own it on DVD and I'm sure my girls have seen it several times. I loved Mater.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I left a comment earlier today but obviously it didn't take. I will now attempt to recreate the long drawn out comment that was lost in cyberspace...

    You are a HOOT! I love Cars, my kids love Cars, My Love loves Cars, and Mater is our fave! We have probably seen it at least 100 times... and The Ghost Light about 1000! LOL! Ther are so many hidden trasures to see and hear in that movie. The music is awesome too. It was the first movie my boy ever saw in the theater too.

    I love your ABC pics. I totally see the G. :-D You have a super fun blog... I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I saw it - that is very cool! I liked that movie too!

    Happy WW!

    MommyWizdom

    ReplyDelete
  38. jettied2/11/2009

    OOHh Happy Birthday!!! I just had one of thosse in Jan...I let it go by!! and yes quite cool movie!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've actually not seen the movie CARS but methinks I need to rent it one of these days when time permits.

    Love your opening ... made me laugh out loud!!!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hadn't seen it until you said to look then I saw the words spelled out. Interesting tidbits. My Abby and Ben would love hanging with you. *Cars* is one of their favorites.

    I started to not do Mutterings either, but just glossed over the offensive word -- but hopefully made my point.

    Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  41. happy birthday annie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My kids just LOVE the movie Cars. Actually, my four year old has his room suited up in the Cars theme. Nice movie pick!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have watched Cars so many times with the grand kids,but I never noticed that the cars spell out Piston Cup.I am going to get the movie and the grands and watch to show this to my 9 year old grand son he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Anni!

    You sure do come up with some creative objects for your letters! That 'G' was great! Who would have thought? LOL

    I never saw the movie "Cars" but maybe I will look for the DVD next time I get to Wally World. I love a good movie sometimes, just me and the cats! You tickle me with your hubby's comments about your watching a movie more than once...LOL Typical man...I remember those days from when I was married.

    Have a great week, Anni!

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  45. funny....never noticed that before, although i've only seen the movie once!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've only seen the movie once but I definitely didn't notice that. Your blog cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. That movie is so cute! I love it. :) I never noticed that the cars spelled Piston Cup! That is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The alphabet is terrific. What a clever, clever idea! I saw some b/w photos along the same lines recently.

    ReplyDelete

.