my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Tuesday, January 27th, 2009
12:01 A.M.
[posted early on Monday]


Join Here

LOUD

You can either use the word itself or post about something that IS loud.



First....y'all know the 'term' LOL. laughing out loud: Something that is loud? Laughter!!! Go ahead, read this, and remember...no one is watching you, you can laugh loud!!

    John gets a distressed phone call from his very blonde girlfriend Buffy.

    "I've got a problem," says Buffy.

    "What's the matter?" asks John.

    "Well, I bought this jigsaw puzzle, but it's too hard. None of the pieces fit together and I can't find any edges."

    "What's the picture of?" asks John.

    "It's of a big rooster," replies Buffy.

    "All right," says John. "I'll come over and have a look."

    So he goes over to Buffy's house and she greets him by saying, "Thanks for coming over." Buffy leads John into her kitchen and shows him the jigsaw puzzle on the kitchen table.

    John looks at the puzzle and then turns to her and says, "For heaven's sake, Buffy, put the cornflakes back in the box."


    <><><>

    In the world of romance, one single rule applies:
    Make the woman happy.
    Do something she likes, and you get points.
    Do something she dislikes, and points are subtracted.
    You don't get any points for doing something she expects...Sorry, that's the way the game is played.

    Here's a guide to the point system.

    Simple Duties:

    You make the bed (+1)
    You make the bed, but forget to add the decorative pillows (0)
    You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets(-1)
    You leave the toilet seat up (-5)
    You replace the toilet-paper roll when it's empty (0)
    When the toilet-paper roll is barren, you resort to Kleenex (-1)
    When the Kleenex runs out you shuffle slowly to the next bathroom (-2)
    You go out to buy her spring-fresh extra-light panty liners with wings (+5)
    But return with beer (-5)
    You check out a suspicious noise at night (0)
    You check out a suspicious noise and it's nothing (0)
    You check out a suspicious noise and it's something (+5)
    You pummel it with a six iron (+10)
    It's her father (-20)


    - - -

    Your Physique

    You develop a noticeable potbelly (-15)
    You develop a noticeable potbelly and exercise to get rid of it (+10)
    You develop a noticeable potbelly and resort to loose jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts (-30)
    You say "I don't give a damn because you have one too" (-800)

    - - -

    The Big Question

    She asks, "Do I look fat?"
    You hesitate in responding (-10)
    You reply, "Where?" (-35)


<><><>


I've changed the curtains. I've finished! Let me speak, loud and clear! I LOVE PURPLES!! And the purple plum colors I've chosen for the new drapery touch is not a soft, pastel, quiet color...it's LOUD during the daytime hours, speaks volumes when you step into the room, and quite refreshing. At night, the blending of the drapes and the color of the wall is very calming and subtle; soothing.





BEFORE
Blazé and quiet
-and downright "yucky"

This past week, I finally got my order for some material to redo the window treatment in the master bedroom. Thing is, the walls are painted a rich, deep plum color. [the photo on the right really needs to be embiggened to see the measuring I did for hemming--it's a dark color. The color on the bolt was "Petit Noir" that's a kind of dark wine that we've sipped a few now and then. hehehe I had to use the livingroom for my working space since the one panel was 138 inches long!! And my table was the blue carpeting, so it's difficult to decipher much in the photo as it shows up on the blog right now.] To find any material that has the exact shade of plum is nigh on to impossible. When we moved here four years ago, our walls throughout the home were all the same...white. Then, I visited blogs and 'watched' other online friends do some redecorating of rooms and thought to myself, "Hey, I need more color in my home too"!!! So being that the rich, dark colors are more to my liking, I did the master bedroom in plum. And then wallpapered the master bathroom in copper and plum and a sprinkling of forest green in the brocade work. It all turned out nice, but I couldn't find anything in 'drapery' material that had plum! Not in this town anyway. I took the lace curtains that I had from long ago and saved, and bought some RIT™...purple plum was the color. I did it all per directions on the package and the off white lace turned purple all right, but not the correct purple -plus, each time I washed them, the purple faded more and more. Since I had the dickens of a time finding the true color in material...I went to specialty shops and searched for the same shade as my walls. Nothing. While doing the Spring Cleaning this past couple of weeks, I asked Bud if he thought maybe if I went to a material shop and asked to go through their ordering catalog, if I would be lucky enough to find something. I did...I went to Joann Fabrics first,......again, nothing. [It's a hard color to describe]. I then drove over the other side of the freeway and stopped in Hancock Fabrics. There, I found the perfect match. And a solid color to boot! Which I really wanted 'cause the bedspread is flowered. That is enough pattern for me in one room. I ordered 12 yards!! Yes, twelve yards. The windows in the master bedroom are huge!! The ceiling is 16 feet high. The windows cover about, from floor to celing, covers about 12 feet of the space going up and down. There are two rows of three windows that are about 5' by 3' each. That's a lot of area to cover. They called Thursday and said my order had arrived. I went and picked it up in the afternoon that day, and then come Friday I worked from sun-up to early evening to get them done. It looks terrific. At least for my tastes. Now, I've been waiting for the sun to shine through the shutters onto the purple...but for the last three days...cloudy as all get out. Go figure. I can't wait to see the purple hues come through the new window treatment!!! In the photos the room looks very dark, but it isn't. If you look to the right in the 'evening photo', where the blinds are closed, you can see a part of my "Gone With the Wind" Music box [the orange square]...that is the wall color...the draperies are just to the left of it...see what a great match I found? Super!!!

AFTER - daylight [no, the sun isn't shining in this photo...cloudy!] and then, evening photos:
LOUD AND BOLD-Daytime... [yet, peaceful and relaxing at night]






34 comments :

  1. You made me laugh with that point system!
    Love your new curtains. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really ahead of the game today!

    Love the points - the first two gave me a good chuckle.

    You have been busy making your house beautiful - gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "where" response. Nice job on your curtains too I love purple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew. It's not just me then who can't settle for "good enough"? Your searching sure paid off and you did an A+ job. :)

    I'm stealing the points thingy to send out in email. I was trying to score my hubby, but I was laughing too loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Poo.. I can't steal it :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! so love your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omigosh, I laughed so much at the point system guide! hehe Poor men! Oh Anni, I just love the curtains you've made, how gorgeous they are. You did a fabulous job and I really love the style as well as the colour! I have mostly white walls in the house (except for computer room which I painted pink) and it's so boring...wish I could paint them with bolder colours but E won't hear of it. Phooey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only heard a few blond jokes that was pretty bad.
    But most of them are great.
    I like it yours.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite colors is purple so I would Love these.
    Mike and I both liked your rating system..He at least smiled through them..
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun stuff. I like the curtains. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cornflakes and purple not my favourites but loved your stories

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni,

    Loved the point system. It made me laugh. Poor Meeko came in to see if I'd really lost it.

    I love your new drapes. You've done a good job with them. I do like the royal purple. It's my second favorite color, the first being shades of green.

    I use a lot of green in my decor. I find it very peaceful. The computer room is a kind of green/gold. I bought the border and then paint to match it. It really needs redoing but I'm not sure where to go with it. I spend a lot of time in this room and it has to be something I like. I'm getting tired of the way it is.

    Our living room is wallpapered in a kind of sponge effect paper. I have green curtains with tie-backs and that room suits me fine.

    The bedroom is mint green with a fairy border of matching greens, pinks and soft shades of purples. It needs to be redone as well, but don't know where to go with it either.

    Enjoyed my visit. Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since 5 years ago I suddenly changed the inside of the whole house, I had the walls painted all in the same color egg shell. Except the kitchen which has remained red. With my colorful paintings and curtains the house looks already very colorful !
    Unfortunately I can't see your picture it's not loading !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure how I scored on the test, but the story was fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new draperies are beautiful!!! I know the time and work that goes into them. I also sew. The measuring alone is enough to wear a person out! But you have done a fabulous job and they look so professional!!! You should be very proud of yourself! I want to make new cushions for my white rattan kitchen set and also a new window treatment this Spring, after I remove the wallpaper and paint! But working doesn't leave me much time to do things like that.

    Loved your jokes, and that point system...men can't win, can they? LOL

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh i love me the joke and the point system. had to pass it on to hubby, who, of course, wasn't very impressed at all. go figure, heee heee heeee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just loved the blonde joke, definately one to send to best blonde best friend. The points system is hysterical. But best of all I love the purple curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the point system. Got a good laugh out of me. A loud, good laugh! LOL.

    Your new curtains are awesome!

    Happy Tuesday!

    Hugs,

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I came back to see what I said. Getting old sucks. :P

    Psst.. can you email me the points part? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The point system had me laughing out loud, just as you intended!

    I'm happy for you that you finally got the right material for your curtains. Our walls are all white. I think about adding color, but don't have any great ideas or plans. It sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL! The point system... a little too true!

    Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVED your post and the purple curtains look GREAT!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehehe I always love your entries because they are so creative :) Happy HOT day Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the point system and the curtains. My favorite color is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very funny, Blonde Bunny and the Point System!!

    Now I really think you were plum lucky to finally find the right color for your curtains...no, don't throw something at me! My best friend's fav color is purple. You did a wonderful job, and that's alot of windows...do you have close neighbors?!

    I like the new word for today, "embiggened". Works for me:o)

    Oh, I answered the 10 Favorite Things Beinning with the Letter that you assigned to me..."P". Hope you stop by!! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Anni... Love your cutains an definately loved the funnies... I am LMAO... Thanks for the great post as usual...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun stuff! I've never tried the Corn Flakes Rooster puzzle but it might come in handy some time! Yes - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  29. Couldn't see the curtains, but I really loved the cornflakes joke. So did my oldest, though the kid didn't understand what the hair color had to do with it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the day time and night pics. what a difference it makes!

    cornflakes bit ... lol !

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love those drapes, Anni. They are beautiful. You have good taste.

    I like the jokes, and I did laugh out loud especially after reading the one about the blonde and the corn flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention your new header! It is adorable!!! You do know that I LOVE cats, don't you? Anyhow, I just had to stop back by and tell you that I envy your new look! ha-ha

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the jokes, Anni and yes, I did laugh out loud.

    What a lot of work in those curtains. I loathe making curtains and go the lazy of paying to have them professionally made. Yours do sound lovely, however, and from what I can see would be quite spectacular with the sun shining through them.

    ReplyDelete

.