“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Tuesday, January 13th, 2009
4:45 A.M.





Join Here
BOTTLE


When I read this week's theme, I first thought of "Time in a Bottle". So, I'll take advantage of this and show some bottles ---with time captured. They are really quite primitive, but it's the best I could come up with for this week.

This month, if you've not read anything dealing with the sky, the moon is closest to the earth for the entire year of 2009. Which, of course, makes the moon seem very large! And naturally when there was a full moon Saturday, it figured, the sky above us here in Corpus was overcast and no moon visible. I made a special effort Sunday evening to get out and try to photograph the moon in all it's glory while still nearly 'full'. To the naked eye, the phenomenon was incredible!!! So awe inspiring. Of course, I have no huge lens on the teeny tiny digital, so I could only use the zoom and flash is off on the first three - the fourth bottle is with the flash on to have the texture of the tree, long after moonrise....

Here is time [Sunday, January 11th, 7:40 P.M. CST] in a bottle:





I just thought of something else, dealing with bottle....ready?

99 bottles of beer on the wall...
99 bottles of beer...
take one down and...
pass it around....
98 bottles of beer on the wall.

Everybody now, first commentor is "98" and so on and so forth....

who will it be?





~end Heads or Tails
[comment HERE if you'd like to skip over the awards I received recently]








<><><>



Joyce left this for her visitors to her blog, and I just thought is was so super!!!



Mary passed this award on to me. Thank you!



Squawmama passed this sweet award to me too.




Shadow presented me with this wonderful gift. She stated:

    i'd like to express my gratitude to the friendship we share...

    you bring a smile to my face, add colour to my life and give me a boost and honest word when i need one. thank you!

29 comments :

  1. At least you didn't make a video. But I'll play along..

    98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass it around, there's 97 bottle of beer on the wall! :)

    Do I have to pass it around, though? Can't I just drink it???

    VERY clever of you with the pictures of the moon in bottles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass it around, there's 96 bottle of beer on the wall!
    your time in a bottle was cool!
    thanks for visiting me annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning..

    96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer... take one down and pass it around, there's 95 bottles of beer on the wall!!

    Your shot of the moon in a bottle is great!!! Have a fun day. Baba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photos & great display.

    95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer... take one down and pass it around, there's 94 bottles of beer on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer.... take one down and pass it around, there's 93 bottles of beer on the wall.


    how cool anni! i LOVE this. and your moon in a bottle, quite simply WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer...take one down and pass it around, there's 92 bottles of beer on the wall.

    Love your time in a bottle, my friend. Great job.

    There's a fine snow falling here, but fairly heavy. We'll see how much we get. Right after that a deep freeze is to move into the area. Enjoy your warm temperatures.

    Blessings for a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. 92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer... take one down and pass it around, there's 91 bottles of beer on the wall.

    Congratulations on your awards and yes, the moon is spectacular lately! I've been admiring it each night and pointing it out to Sweet Cheeks. We need to get his telescope out of the box one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The moon has just been beautiful this year so far! I could still see it this morning driving the girls to school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have noticed the moon but didn't realize the significance - thanks for that fact.

    Great pictures creatively done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...91 bottles of beer on the wall!

    ROFL! Anni - only YOU could get your commentors singing that silly song!

    I was at someone else's blog and saw the bottle meme up today - TIME in a bottle was my first thought too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ... 89 bottles of beer on the wall!
    I had to miss one out. I'm afraid I drank it :-)
    May even come back later for more ;-)
    Oh, and I enjoyed the post and sing-along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 88 bottles of beer on the wall,
    and seeing they are all different,
    I want to taste them all.

    Happy new year!

    Oh, I haven't been able to make my rounds properly, so forgive these late wishes.

    What a nice way to blog about time in a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative! I too wanted to capture the beauty of the moon , you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Didn't you find any message in a bottle living so near to the sea ?
    Congratulations to your awards. Today it's warmer here and the snow melted, but you can see today how it looked like in my street !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your bottles, that's neat.

    The moon has been pretty cool here. We've really been enjoying it. I didn't even think to take pics (duh).

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah...after the morning I just had, i think i will just drink it...(and I don't even like beer!!)

    That is a unique take on bottles...

    ReplyDelete
  18. 87 bottles of beer on the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those pictures are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You said "time in a bottle" & I thought this. Pretty, huh? I don't really do necklaces, but I'd make an exception for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always think of that Jim Croce song, Time in a Bottle. I loved that song. I love how you framed the moon shots with the bottles. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 86 bottles of beer on the wall...oh, wait. Let me go back and check...Cute post...

    ReplyDelete
  23. 85 bottles of beer on the wall! Now its stuck in my head lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 85 bottles of beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 84 bottles of beer on the wall...

    What lovely ideas - both the silly song and the time in a bottle photos. The moon sure has been putting on a show lately and the full moon a few days back was awesome!

    cjh

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gee.... so many people didn't leave "it" or got "it" wrong... so I think we just have to all start over again!!

    SOOOOO:
    98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass it around, there's 97 bottle of beer on the wall!

    LOL! Have a wonderful day, Anni, and no more 'mooning' every one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Didn't think of that song and having been a Girl Scout (semi-)leader for years I'm surprised I didn't.
    The kids at school are studying the phases of the moon right now and I heard them talking about the fact that we are closer to the moon this year. They were pretty into it --
    Your pictures were very interesting. I see the moon in the sky each morning on the way to work after the sun is up. I really
    does seem closer.
    My effort is finally up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. 82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 81 bottles of beer on the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your awards sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I lost count... 81 bottles of beer on the wall...

    *snicker snicker* That was a good one!

    :-)

    MommyWizdom

    ReplyDelete

.