my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Tuesday afternoon, January 13th, 2009
4:00 PM


I finally found some time today to get my Valentine's Day decor up. Golly, it's really hard to fathom that it's just a month away. Seems like yesterday it was Christmas, 2008.

Bud and I did some bargain shopping this afternoon. We both felt like not doing any cleaning, so we went and bought some sweat pants and sweat shirts that were on sale!!----$2.99 a piece. And they're HANES™ brand, so I think that's a pretty good deal. On top of that, Bud found a cute little wooden carved pelican for our dining room. It's painted and it's perched on a pier. Fits right in. Funny thing, here we have been spending time since last Friday cleaning and liquidating...and he goes and buys MORE.

It has been chilly, but sunny most of the day. The temp now is 73 degrees, but with the cold wind coming off the sea, it feels like in the high 50's low 60's. But it IS sunny. That I'll take any day of the week.

Okay, now that I'm done with doing the layout, I'm gonna go watch CNN and see what's new in the "Situation Room".

14 comments :

  1. So where did you find such a good bargain on Hanes sweats??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE The Obama clock, YES we will, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine's theme is cheery. My youngest son was born on vaentine's Day so we especially like the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the whole idea of getting rid of stuff...so you can buy more? Hane's stuff is good quality and I can't believe those prices...well done on a good buy.

    I've left something for you on my blog today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore you Valentine layout. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tee-hee, great Valentine header...I recognize a Kliban Kat when I see it, have always loved those guys, with their big eyes and usually wearing sneakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVEly new holiday layout dear! Good huntin' in the bargain room too! Hope the situation is situationless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So late getting around today. Love the new layout. I'm going to scroll down and read you post on bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    I love your Valentine design. You are very talented.

    Sounds like you and Bud got some good bargains and had a break from your spring cleaning.

    It snowed here off and on for the last couple of days and now we are heading into a deep freeze. It is to be -28 Celcius tonight, which is -18 Fahrenheit. Very cold.

    Hope you enjoyed watching CNN. I certainly miss that station. We can't get it anymore without paying extra.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to let you know I tagged you for a meme :) I have all the info up on my blog or follow this link http://thesocialfrog.com/?p=991
    I do hope you play along :)
    The Social Frog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really was a good bargain !
    I like your new header with the cute cat !
    You do a lot of decorating. Besides Easter and Christmas I have never done anything else. Since I read American blogs I added Halloween and Autumn decoration, but I think if I start with Valentine, Mr. Gattino will throw me out and my son would declare that I am mad, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely valentine's decor....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, I just LOVE your Valentine decor!! I also love the one you did for Mary...gal, you are sooo talented:-)

    Wow, those were really good deals you got for the sweat pants and sweat shirts. Isn't that always the case, we declutter and then go out and buy more stuff! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your valentine look, cool.

    ReplyDelete

.