Thursday, January 15th, 2009
5:15 A.M.


"Throw Mama From the Train"...no, how 'bout Planes, Trains and Automobiles"....Awwwww, heck, it's just a tag!!----



I've been tagged by the Social Frog! And it is a fun tag to do!!! First, the rules are simple. As follows:
    6th Picture Meme!
      1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.
      2. Go to the 6th Folder, then pick the 6th picture in that folder.
      3. Post that picture on your blog and the story that goes along with the picture.
      4. Tag 5 other peoples that you know or don’t know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.


Well, my 6th folder for photos is entitled 'scanned photos'. Obviously it's a folder of photos I've scanned from 'real' hard copy photos from albums. The photo is of very poor quality, but hey....it is aged and faded in 'real time' too!!! And the 6th picture in that folder is one of myself and Irene to the left --me in red and Irene the little doll child....hehehehe. Along with my mother [to the far right] and my brother just to the left of mom. He is the pilot. This was his plane. [A Cessna Low Wing] We were at the tiny local airport where he tied it down when he wasn't flying....and we were getting ready to get aboard. And he was going to fly us to lunch in Colorado Springs....it was mother's day and he wanted to treat his 'favorite ladies'. After lunch at the Broadmoor in the Springs, he flew us around the Eastern Slope from there to Sterling, Colorado and then back to the airport hangar and drove us home. What a great day that was with my brother!!! Fond memories.

This is my 'middle' oldest brother who would do ANYTHING for me. [And yes, tho I wasn't licensed to fly it, I DID take controls often...shhhhhh, don't tell anyone] We were very close. He eventually died alone. So, so sad.




Normally I just post that if you'd like to do the tag, go ahead and accept the challenge....but, today, since I have time to actually set up the links and such, I will tag the required five bloggers. The lucky ones are:
    Melli
    Charlotte
    Mary
    Storyteller
    Patsy


AND...as always, with anyone who'd LIKE to grab the 'tag'...feel free to do so, and then, let me know, so I can come visit with you and view your 6th photo!!


<><><>



haiku
A Japanese poem composed of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables.
my word prompt for today "tickle"




    Misty day today
    Rain tickles the glossy leaves
    At dusk still in gloom




<><><>





Puss n Boots presented me with this special award! Thank you so much!!




23 comments :

  1. What a great story to go with the photo!

    Love your look for V-Day! Just wanted to let you know that I wrote about you in my latest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing the tag, but it will be about 4:30 this afternoon before I can get it up. This is always fun to do. I'll be back by when it's up. PLB

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a cool tag!

    your haiku took me right out of this dreadful heat we're having into good gloomy dusk, thanks for the relief.....

    and what a nice award, you do indeed show honourable behaviour here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your templates are always so unique and interesting. I'm gonna miss the little loopy mice though. (smile)
    What a fun tag. What an interesting picture and story behind it. I have no idea which picture I will have as I haven't checked out my picture files yet to see but I'm honored that you thought of me to participate.
    Have a great day.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so much for playing along :) I love hearing stories behind the pictures, thank you so very much for sharing that great story. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome story about your family, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie,
    Beautiful story about the plane ride! You are braver than me. I've never been in a plane, have no desire to get in one. I always say if I can't get there by car, I won't be seeing it. And yes I'm scared of heights! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni,
    Thanks for stopping by for a kind visit and touring our many tables. The little bronze one was twenty bucks! What a deal huh?
    ~Beautiful picture of your family and it sounds like it was a very special day.

    Have a wonderful week.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh now you knOw this kinda tag is just right up my alley! HOWEVER... my laptop only has ONE photo folder and really not much in it. ALL my other photos are on the BIG computer... in the shop... with the man I haven't heard from since the day he called to get my password... I'm not SURE I actually HAVE any pictures anymore... but WHEN ... or IF... I get my big puter back, I WILL do this tag! I can't WAIT to find out what that picture IS! I hope it's interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Submit your Blog to our Newest PR 3 Web Directory for Bloggers. Visit KeywordDir.info

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    Beautiful photo. Lovely photo. It must have been fun flying in your brother's plane and going for dinner on Mother's Day.

    Enjoyed your poetry and the photo that you posted. The trail looks intriguing.

    Take care Anni. The tag looks like fun. I will try to remember to post it tonight.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new look here ... and appreciate the tag (methinks). LOL I'll check my picture photos to see what's there and perhaps tell a story in haiku tomorrow ... which reminds me ... I like YOUR haiku today ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look here ... and appreciate the tag (methinks). LOL I'll check my picture photos to see what's there and perhaps tell a story in haiku tomorrow ... which reminds me ... I like YOUR haiku today ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni, lots happening here today, as usual. Popped by to tell you the photos of my floor are now posted so you can come back and have a look. So fresh & clean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, Anni, I've gotten my tag done and passed it on to others. Drop by any time and check out my
    6th in the 6th.

    You tell the best memories. Enjoyed the haiku too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you have me curious as to which picture I'd find in my 6th folder...I'll go look after! hehe I always love reading the story behind a picture. Wonderful memories behind the one you posted:-)

    Congratulations on receiving the award from Robyn...very well deserved!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun meme and great story. I've never been to the Broadmoor. I love Colorado Springs, but it has gotten WAY too crowded!

    Awhile bafck you asked if we were staying at the Stanley - believe it or not, I've never been there either! Shameful.

    Great haiku, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello :) I wanted to let you know I love reading your blog and I think you a great gal! You have been given an award. Follow the link for more info:
    http://thesocialfrog.com/?p=1004

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful memories...... for some reason that hurt my heart when you said that he died alone...... I have two brothers that I am VERY close to and the thought of loosing them hurts my heart......... Wonderful picture for you to share and wonderful memories for you to have.........

    Have a blessed weekend...... I will be out of the blog till Monday.. I am trying to make some V-Day things for Etsy.......... trying to have a more productive year........

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new Valentine's day look! :o)

    Believe it or not, I just burned almost all my photos to CD's and deleted most of them from my hard drive, so I only have 2 folders of photos right now. I usually have many more but I wouldn't be able to do the meme as written this time.

    It's headed down into the single digits here tonight. Not unheard of for us, but colder than it's been so far this Winter. Y'all stay warm, Anni.

    Happy Friday!

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is always such a treat! You really have a way with words! and in love the blue glass! Its icy fire shimmers me timbers!

    ReplyDelete

.