my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Thursday, January 8th, 2009
5: 20 A.M.



I'm being kinda lazy today. So, I thought I'd share a bit of html. Did you know that you can have html text and coding within your blog that your browser will ignore completely? For instance, did you know that you can add instructions for anyone to follow or copy and paste using the coding and the font color, or the http:// url, or the font size, will be completely ignored and published as you type it? It's all within a tag called textarea. When I first started learning this cool stuff, the way to do it was by using the xmp tag and closing it with /xmp. But now that isn't protocol. Several browsers would not recognize this. This textarea tag is compatible with ALL browsers, including Opera.


You can adjust the width preference you want by adding the pixel size. For instance---






Here is a test run I made. On the blog post entry I added the instructions on how to add the blogroll to your sidebar. You'd then copy the text area from the post and put it in a Blogger Page Element in your sidebar, and if you'll notice on the sidebar column, this is what the post's text area copy and paste will show up as. Within the textarea tag, the browser ignores any HTML so others can copy instructions and make use of it. [enlarge the image for better viewing]

19 comments :

  1. i salute you girl. i am mortified when it comes to html.... scared silly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Shadow!
    couldn't dare to post instructions of mine, bwaaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HTML doesn't scare me a bit... I've just gotten very lackidazical about using it. Back in the day of WEB SITES we HAD to know it ... but now? Eh! It's so easy to have a blog and know nothing! LOL! I do use it for changing my decor - but even that I keep simple! YOU dear, though, are a virtual encyclopedia (a wiki maybe) of coding knowledge! And EVERYbody (who's anybody) SAYS so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    You have a talent. I have knowledge of basica html, but this is all French to me. Thanks for trying. I'm just not a techie.

    Have a wonderful day. I hope you are feeling better.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I am amazed that you get something written EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!

    Then - are you award, my friend, that you are speaking a foreign language to me??? Kristen understands much, but I'm going to send her over here today to see if she gets this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    I'm such a techni-phobe! Still, you make all this sound intriguing.
    OK, I'm going to save it to study tonight and, wine glass at the ready, see how much damage I can do!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief, i wish I knew what you were talking about. LOL

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'M A SCAREDIE CAT.I MESS UP SP MUCH WITHOUT MEANING TOO.I KNOW I WOULD MAKE A BIG MESS IF I TRIED SOMETHING LIKE THIS.SORRY,I'M CHICKEN.....ANN

    ReplyDelete
  10. what???
    I so love your mouses!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing! I came to steal your URL to give you credit for helping with the HoT blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing wrong every so often kickin back and letting things fall into place.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool, I love learning new stuff about the computer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Lazy. . . You. . . never! Look at the post you whipped out claiming to be lazy! You are one smart lady! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Annie, that's a cool tool to use in html. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    I have a surprise for you on my writing nook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, that is how the students I teach feel. I could call every word, but I don't have a clue what I just read.

    I just call my daughter -- then she tells me what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have just started playing with the html.. I have a test blog that I try every thing out....... I have learned how to make my own backgrounds but am still trying to get them sized right........ If I were not so busy with other things I would create greeting cards and build a web site and sell them..... I am fixing to learn the animation..... I am hoping I can lean that..........

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh sure, you make it sound SO easy! lol Like Mary, I have basic knowledge of HTML but that's about it. We all know who to run to whenever we have a problem! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.