my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Thursday, January 1st, 2009
12:01 A.M.
[posted earlier]

NoTe: Thursday Thirteen is discontinued due to illness in the family. Or so I read on another blog. Perhaps as suggested there, we do a Thursday Thoughts? :::shrug::: Hope there is something for us die-hards. LOL

First....
A New Year's Gift for you....






edition #87


In hopes of getting thirteen visitors that will participate for New Year's Day 2009, I would like to make the Thursday Thirteen 'interactive' in a way. I would like a bit of participation here....saying goodbye to 2008 and welcoming in 2009

In the comments, please list ONE thing that happened to you that made life difficult for you, and then ONE thing that happened that made your life wonderful for you, list one thing that you'd like to see happen in 2009.

See how many I can get...

So, obliging commentors will be appreciated... if you will leave three things from above from the year 2008 and your wish for 2009! By the way, Happy New Year. May the new year treat you well.

Ready?
Happy Thursday Thirteen commenting.
LEAVE COMMENT HERE -or- read comments below
    COMMENTS that followed the instructions thus far:

      1-Yasmin said...Difficult thing: close friend/sister/soror and brother died in December. :(
      Good thing: I celebrated 50 and became a 8 year breast cancer survivor.
      What I want in 2009: health, wealth and prosperity and definitely for my husband and I to both stay employed and continue to have incomes at least comparable to what we have now.
      2-Mevely317 said...Difficult? Recovering, both physically and mentally, from the dog bites.
      Good (Better .. Best-est?) - Having a good long, in-person visit from my best friend from Florida.
      Wishing n' hoping? (n' dreaming and planning!)... that my job remains safe, that I'm able to visit my granddaughers and that hubby's cancer stays in remission. (Not necessary in that order!)
      3-Puss-in-Boots said...Difficult? Deciding to retire.
      Best? Retiring and finding out I loved it.
      2009? That people respect and like each other more...no more "it's all about me"...and that it's world wide.
      4-PJ said...I guess the worst thing would have to be hurricane Ike, although I can't complain when my house is fixable and so many are not
      I think the best would be my daughters wedding last weekend and getting to spend time with family that lives far away.
      My hopes for 2009 are no different than any other year. We pray for the health and happiness of those we love and also would like to win the TX lotto.
      5- Princess Of Pink said...For me:
      The Worst: the depression getting worse and worse
      The Best: Finding my brother again and going to visit him and his partner in Thailand last June.♥
      My Hope for 2009: Getting better with my depression, good health, finding a job and just be more happy than I was in 2008.
      6- Lady Katherine said...Difficult: Learning I will have lots of tumors in the lymphs under both arms and a different type of tumors on the chest wall and having to tell my family.
      Wonderful: I found a happy place to go in blogland, where my illness goes away.
      See in 2009: Happiness for my family and friends.
      7- Jewelgirl said...Most difficult: Seeing an older family member deal with Alzheimer disease.
      Best: Meeting new friends and lovely people while blogging.
      For 2009: That the rest of my family stays healthy and happy!
      8- Mary said...2008 was made difficult by Aunt May's illness and passing...
      We were blessed when the renovations were complete and we were able to find good tenants for the apartment.
      One thing I'd like to see happen in 2009 is everyone be kinder to their fellowman. We can make a difference.
      9-Gattina said...I belong to the lucky persons to be able to say that nothing made my life difficult in 2008 ! One thing made me happy, that was my new car (my car = my freedom, lol) and one thing I really wish for 2009 is to become a grandma !!
      10- Shadow said...difficult... accepting i need to step back and let the bean become the independent teenager he's about to be
      wonderful... i went out and asked for help when i needed it
      2009? growth, quite simply growth...
      11-Melli said... Well unfortunately I still have to say that Mom is what made my life difficult in 2008
      I had a lot that made me happy. A month at the beach! A new car! Lots of time to spend with my kids - and darling grandbaby!
      My wish for 2009 is for personal growth in the right direction. My wish for everyone else is health, happiness and the joy of all God's blessings!
      12-Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said... The difficult thing this past year has been regaining 30 pounds back on over the last 10 months!! I hate that I have lost control ...
      The good thing ... was the birth of my granddaughter Olivia on our anniversary .. 2/2/08
      What I want to happen in 2009 ..get my frame of mind in control to lose my extra weight and love myself ; so that I can love others. I have done it before, so I know that I can do it again!!!
      13-poppingbubbles said...The most difficult...my stepfather died in February. The best? There are so any! Watching my 5 year old enter kindergarten, getting a new dog and a new kitten, great vacations...
      I am looking forward to having an even better year in 2009. I hope o lose the *ahem* few extra pounds I have hanging around, continue blogging fiendishly and come closer to finishing my degree!
      14-Ornery's Wife said...the worst thing for me: my son was deployed and not here for Christmas.
      the best thing: finding the weight loss cure and losing 60 lbs since August, with a hope to eventually reach my goal.
      thing I look forward to in 2009: my son meeting the girl he met on e-harmony almost a year ago--and who now lives with us!

      15-Elizabeth Ann said...Most difficult: My stepfather having most of his leg amputated from diebetes.
      >Close second difficult: Moving Mom and stepdad clear across country, then almost immediately doing the same with my own family.
      Best thing: A happy vacation with my mom and stepdad in their new home.
      Wishing: To be happy in my new home in Mississippi (from Arizona) and for courage, laughter and love to fill the days of 2009.
      16-The Bumbles said...To do your interactive post - which is such a neat idea - here are my contributions:
      DIFFICULT = My boss and the father of a relative were diagnosed with Prostate cancer.
      GOOD = My brother got married this fall after 10 long years with his awesome girlfriend, and our dear friends had 2 healthy twin boys just before X-Mas
      HOPES = That the economy stabilizes - I work in the financial industry so our clients are having a really rough time handling the ride
      17-PEA said...Difficult: the death of a cousin and beloved niece
      Good: the birth of my first grandbaby:-)
      What I want for 2009: to be with the ones I love more often!
      18-colleen said...Difficult: When I cut my leg and had to use crutches for a month.
      Good: My first grandchild was born.
      Looking forward to: I'm hoping to get a raise for my part time writing job. Also, hoping to continue to find and stay in touch with Thirteen Thursday players!
      19-storyteller said...Difficult - having my sister on the road with her husband for yet another year.
      Good - learning how to use the tools in Photoshop Elements with ease and applying those skills on my blogs.
      Hopes - increased growth in personal responsibility, understanding, acceptance of & peace between (or among) individuals and nations.






<><><>

My first Blog Giveaway comments are now closed [as of 5PM December 31st - CST]. I will draw the names from the list as soon as I can! I would like to thank all who dropped by and left such great comments and I wish you all good luck!! I'll announce the winners here and on the Giveaway blog. Once again, thanks to everyone.

30 comments :

  1. For Me:
    the difficult thing to accept this year was the economy [gas, food, etc.!!]

    the good thing was meeting, and shaking hands with President Elect Obama

    what I'd like to have in 2009 is, plain and simple, continued good health and lots o' happiness.


    ~signed, Hootin' Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult thing: close friend/sister/soror and brother died in December. :(

    Good thing: I celebrated 50 and became a 8 year breast cancer survivor.

    What I want in 2009: health, wealth and prosperity and definitely for my husband and I to both stay employed and continue to have incomes at least comparable to what we have now.

    I loved this TT...can I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difficult? Recovering, both physically and mentally, from the dog bites.

    Good (Better .. Best-est?) - Having a good long, in-person visit from my best friend from Florida.

    Wishing n' hoping? (n' dreaming and planning!)... that my job remains safe, that I'm able to visit my granddaughers and that hubby's cancer stays in remission. (Not necessary in that order!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Difficult? Deciding to retire.

    Best? Retiring and finding out I loved it.

    2009? That people respect and like each other more...no more "it's all about me"...and that it's world wide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the worst thing would have to be hurricane Ike, although I can't complain when my house is fixable and so many are not,

    I think the best would be my daughters wedding last weekend and getting to spend time with family that lives far away.

    My hopes for 2009 are no different than any other year. We pray for the health and happiness of those we love and also would like to win the TX lotto.

    Happy New Year, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me:

    The Worst: the depression getting worse and worse

    The Best: Finding my brother again and going to visit him and his partner in Thailand last June.♥

    My Hope for 2009: Getting better with my depression, good health, finding a job and just be more happy than I was in 2008.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Difficult: Learning I will have lots of tumors in the lymphs under both arms and a different type of tumors on the chest wall and having to tell my family.

    Wonderful: I found a happy place to go in blogland, where my illness goes away.

    See in 2009: Happiness for my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most difficult: Seeing an older family member deal with Alzheimer disease.
    Best: Meeting new friends and lovely
    people while blogging.
    For 2009: That the rest of my family
    stays healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    2008 was made difficult by Aunt May's illness and passing...

    We were blessed when the renovations were complete and we were able to find good tenants for the apartment.

    One thing I'd like to see happen in 2009 is everyone be kinder to their fellowman. We can make a difference.

    Great Thursday Thirteen, my friend. May you and Bud be abundantly blessed throughout 2009

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I belong to the lucky persons to be able to say that nothing made my life difficult in 2008 ! One thing made me happy, that was my new car (my car = my freedom, lol) and one thing I really wish for 2009 is to become a grandma !!

    PS. What happened to the TT link http://thursdaythirteen.com/? There is now a "Go Daddy Go" domain seller or something like that !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well the competition is now closed so I wish you a very Happy New Year Anni. May 2009 be a good year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, im #12 huh? only need one more to make your dream come true! lol

    Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. difficult... accepting i need to step back and let the bean become the independent teenager he's about to be

    wonderful... i went out and asked for help when i needed it

    2009? growth, quite simply growth...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year's Anni, may you enjoy health and wealth.

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm... Well unfortunately I still have to say that Mom is what made my life difficult in 2008... But I had a lot that made me happy. A month at the beach! A new car! Lots of time to spend with my kids - and darling grandbaby!

    My wish for 2009 is for personal growth in the right direction. My wish for everyone else is health, happiness and the joy of all God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni - I agree with all you said about Obama - and the hopes for our country - but I am ALSO hoping that BECAUSE he IS a black man - that his being in office really will be able to have a POSITIVE effect on our still EVER so racial nation. For all the talk we do about ridding ourselves of prejudice - there is still a STRONG line separating us. I hope HE can help get rid of that! I'm hoping HE is the bridge! I think Martin Luther King Jr. might have done it yeeeeears ago - IF he hadn't been killed. And I pray pray PRAAAAAAY that Obama survives to DO it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni,
    The difficult thing this past year has been regaining 30 pounds back on over the last 10 months!! I hate that I have lost control ...

    The good thing ... was the birth of my granddaughter Olivia on our anniversary .. 2/2/08

    What I want to happen in 2009 ..get my frame of mind in control to lose my extra weight and love myself ; so that I can love others.
    I have done it before, so I know that I can do it again!!!

    Wishing you and Bud a great New Year.... Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  19. The most difficult...my stepfather died in February. The best? There are so many! Watching my 5 year old enter kindergarten, getting a new dog and a new kitten, great vacations...
    I am looking forward to having an even better year in 2009. I hope o lose the *ahem* few extra pounds I have hanging around, continue blogging fiendishly and come closer to finishing my degree!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the worst thing for me: my son was deployed and not here for Christmas.
    the best thing: finding the weight loss cure and losing 60 lbs since August, with a hope to eventually reach my goal.
    thing I look forward to in 2009: my son meeting the girl he met on e-harmony almost a year ago--and who now lives with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Most difficult: My stepfather having most of his leg amputated from diebetes.
    Close second difficult: Moving Mom and stepdad clear across country, then almost immediately doing the same with my own family.
    Best thing: A happy vacation with my mom and stepdad in their new home.
    Wishing: To be happy in my new home in Mississippi (from Arizona) and for courage, laughter and love to fill the days of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year!!!are you goona continue the TT,that'll be fun and I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, sadly the T13 site is down for good. We plan to do our Thursday Thoughts post each week instead - see how that works out. Come by any time. To do your interactive post - which is such a neat idea - here are my contributions:
    DIFFICULT = My boss and the father of a relative were diagnosed with Prostate cancer.
    GOOD = My brother got married this fall after 10 long years with his awesome girlfriend, and our dear friends had 2 healthy twin boys just before X-Mas
    HOPES = That the economy stabilizes - I work in the financial industry so our clients are having a really rough time handling the ride

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Happy New Beginnings this Year! The bowl came from Cracker Barrell, as most of the collection. All stores within an hour from me are totally out! I called each one! I wanted a few more things. After Christmas everyting was 75% off, I was too scared to wait. I'm gald I bought mine the week before!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Difficult - having my sister on the road with her husband for yet another year.

    Good - learning how to use the tools in Photoshop Elements with ease and applying those skills on my blogs.

    Hopes - increased growth in personal responsibility, understanding, acceptance of & peace between (or among) individuals and nations.
    Hugs and blessings,

    PS - I'm thinking it might have been YOU who did the 2008 Blog Review and encouraged us to do likewise ... and if so, there's an award at Small Reflections for all who participate in this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Difficult: When I cut my leg and had to use crutches for a month.

    Good: My first grandchild was born.

    Looking forward to: I'm hoping to get a raise for my part time writing job.

    Also, hoping to continue to find and stay in touch with Thirteen Thursday players!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Difficult: the death of a cousin and beloved niece

    Good: the birth of my first grandbaby:-)

    What I want for 2009: to be with the ones I love more often!

    This was such a great idea, dear Anni:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Meant to get back here yesterday, oops now it's today.

    Difficult: Waiting -- to get the news that my husband's had passed, we knew it was coming and to hear that the grandson was alright after his wreck.

    Good: The trip to Eng, Ire, Scotland with daughter and friends

    For 2009: To be a better me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm late, but I'll play!
    Difficult: handle my physical limitations
    Good: a relaxing vacation in Belgium that charged my battery again
    for 2009: that my husband finds a wonderful job again!

    My new TT is up: 13 online pet peeves! Keep on TT-ing!

    ReplyDelete

.