my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Thursday, December 11th, 2008
12:01 A. M.
Thursday Thirteen & stuff



I caught the bug! You remember that I said last weekend, that I went out to get tickets for the Corpus Christi Ballet of The Nutcracker? And ended up with a flat tire? Out alone because Bud was home, sick, in bed? Well he hasn't improved much in the last few days and yesterday I woke up with a scratchy throat. I took some Alka Seltzer Plus and have been consuming Green Tea like it's going out of style! I actually think the Green Tea is helping....it feels so good going down the raw throat. And it has made the nasty cough subside. You know me, I don't like taking drugs if I can help it, so being that the tea is natural and that Alka-Seltzer Plus is purely aspirin which I take daily for the heart anyway....Still, we both have the achy. run-down feeling and we've napped most of the last three days. It's not fun!!! Woe is me. LOLOLOLOLOL According to the Oriental culture, Green Tea, is a miraculous thing. Oh ya, and I'm saving the tea leaves. I hear they're good for outdoor and houseplants!! A miracle grow in disguise.
:::cough::: :::snuff::: :::sneeze:::
Don't get too close!!! I WILL get to all those that left comments yesterday when I can...the strain right now is taking me back to bed about every two hours.



<><><>






edition #85 I believe


...and here she is again!!! I love humor, I love joking, I love laughter. Hope you will too. My thirteen this week comes from a wise ol' lady named Jefé [pronounced HEH fay in Spanish slang - meaning 'boss or chief', being in this case, a "chieftress" but I like Jefé - you guessed it, I really DO have chin whiskers'] These are thirteen tried and true living experiences from the aged one with her keen perception on life-------




English feed their babies with little tiny spoons and forks; Chinese mothers use toothpicks. [kidding]

I drive far too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Everyone has a photographic memory. But some folks don't have film.

Old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.

Speaking of old age ---cramming for finals to us seniors is reading the good book!! Page for page.

I've come to the conclusion a hired investor IS a broker. Trust me.

Roman paramedics refered to IV's as "4's".

Face it....Disney World is a people trap operated by a mouse!

Superman could stop bullets with his chest, but always ducked when someone threw a gun at him. Hmmmmm.

Never trust a stockbroker who's married to a travel agent.

I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions.

Modern Latin: VENI, VEDI, VISA - I came, I saw, I shopped!

The third hand on a watch is called a 2nd hand!


26 comments :

  1. get well soon you two. at least it's cold out and cuddling is nice!

    toothpicks. well that got me laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you both to feel much better very soon my friend. Thanks for making me laugh, even when you do not feel well. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim had that bug 2 weeks ago, and then I got it last week. 5 days, count 'em down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ! poor girl ! Put some honey in the green tea that's very good, I am also a big green tea drinker ! There is also green tea with lemon that's also good.
    I agree, lot of people don't have a film, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry the bug caught up with you! I have my second cold in 3 weeks - the kiddoes and I seem to be sharing the germs back and forth. Not good when the Christmas cantata is coming up - and when I need all my energy just to get through the day on an average day!

    But I see your human is intact, and that is good. I especially like the one about the stock broker married to the travel agent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Annie, I'm so sorry you are under the weather. I hope you feel better very soon. Not the time of year to be sick -- who has time????

    Loved the TT too very clever words of *truth*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great TT-- I always wondered about Superman dodging things as well.

    Love the one about the IV's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah! Great list. Cramming for finals tickled me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better! Thanks for the chuckles. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon! glad to see you keep your sense of humor even when you are not feeling well!
    Loved Modern Latin ::wink::

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh POO! Hope you feel better soon! And Bud's still got it too? Man! That must be a REALLLLY nasty! Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful holiday yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In case you care, the feminine of Jefe is Jefa (heh- fah)! Poor kid! Feel better - you're my inspiration to get my holiday ass in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They were fun.
    Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you feel better soon. I love the comment about photographic memories and lack of film. Too true.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    I too am drinking green tea because I can't find the Breathe Easy Tea that I normally take when I'm down with a cold. The green tea seems to help a little. Thanks for the heads up on that.

    I love it when Jefe pays a visit. She is comical. Thanks for sharing and feel better soon.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you get well soon and get to see the Nutcracker. Great fun with Jefe. Thanks for the laughs.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The positive side is that you are getting it out of your system before Christmas....

    I hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are doomed. (g)
    I had the bug 3 weeks,got rid of it for 2, got another or the same one back again for another 3 weeks. It's been gone a week now. Keeping my fingers it doesn't show up again.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to learn you're sick. You KNEW of course it's SNOWING on your blog, right??? Seems like you didn't go back to get Nutcracker tickets and maybe that's a good thing because it'll give you both time to recover?

    I do love the humors Jefe T-13 and seem to remember others from days past ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bwhahahahaha! Anni! Please get better! You shouldn't be sick... I awarded Melli this week for a Beautiful Holiday BLog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well I can understand how you two are...Mikey has had this for a week now. His started with the flu and then went to a bad cold. He is coughing and coughing...I am using Zicam so hopefully i will not get it...
    Get better soon!! As I know you want too...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh nooooo, not the achy, sneezing, coughing, etc, kind of feeling...poor you:-( Hopefully it won't last too long and I'm also hoping that Bud will start to feel better soon as well.

    ROFL gotta love Jefe!!! hehe Thanks for making me laugh, I almost spit out my coffee! lol

    Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card, love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni,

    I surely hope that you feel better soon. I am suffering from the same thing and ...ugh...

    Well, it's best we be sick now than for Christmas.

    Hope you can enjoy the Season, anyway.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. "I drive far too fast to worry about cholesterol." LMFAO! Ya!! Me too! Hahaha. Oh, it's too late to laugh this hard. Ya got me!

    ReplyDelete

.