“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Monday, December 22, 2008
12:01 A.M.


There is no Fun Monday this week because of the upcoming holiday, but Sayre has volunteered to host on the 29th. See you then, I hope.

Y'know it's not ALL Santas around our home...but, you'd think so at first glance if you come through the door. Either door!! LOL But, I do like a splashing of greenery, and I always buy a poinsettia. Even if it is miniature. I love the deep red ones best, but I'm always amazed at the new 'sprayed' ones that they're coming out with. Why, just the other day I saw the most beautiful deep BLUE poinsettias, with a smidgen of purple, and of course dusted with frosty glitter. It was gorgeous. Since the plants ARE the hybrid variety, and die off [at least for me, and I've attempted to keep them from one season to the next to no avail], I only buy the traditional ones, and small 4" to 6" pots. I do buy a miniature one with only a 2" pot to sit on my computer desk also. Seriously tho, I do like anything poinsettia that is unusual or unique. I'm going to show you a few of my 'splash of greenery' for the season.







Top left to right: stemware crackle glass votive candle holders
center left to right: my miniature 2" potted poinsettia & large crackle glass
bottom left to right: Poinsettia throw rug [one of 4] & the polished metal poinsettia candle holder [one of 2]

16 comments :

  1. These are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me love myself some poinsettia's too! blue, purple, frosty one's you say? my colours of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gday Dear Anni. Im in love with your poinsettia glass wear so festive looking...
    A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.Love Jen xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anni,
    I have been away from both blogging and Fun Monday. However, visiting your place on a Monday seems so right. Merry Christmas to you. As usual, your blog looks lovely and very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful glassware! They would go nicely with my plates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Anni... What a beautiful collection. I loved it. I hope you & your family have a wonderful Holiday... Merry Christmas

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was here a little while ago trying to leave a comment and it would NOT LET ME for the LIFE of me... after fighting it and fighting it I finally closed out and started a new page -- and found out my internet connection had been disrupted! LOL!
    Anyway... Your SPLASH of green looks mighty RED to me! LOL! But I do love poinsettias too. I don't buy them because they're poisonous and MY cats nibble! I used to get them when we were a pet free zone... a long LONG time ago! Now I just enjoy them around me. Church is LOADED with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    I wonder where I've been. I've never seen the frosted poinsettas. Hmmm! I'll have to keep my eyes open.

    Like you, I can't keep poinsettas from one year to the next. They always die not matter how I care for them. Yours look beautiful and I love the crackled candle holder.

    Well, best get something done. You know exactly the problem I'm trying to solve. I haven't figured it out yet, but I will. ;-)

    Blessings for a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well DANG! Obviously I did NOT KNOW that! How cool! I think I'll run right out and BUY some! hehehe...
    Oh... and this is my 2nd Christmas with Luz! We got her right after Thanksgiving last year! And WHAT a Christmas it was - presents stacked ceiling high!!! But she needed absolutely EVERYTHING last year! This year is quite a different story.... MUCH smaller! Really just one BIG present!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only had a poinsettia in my life.
    They are pretty but I haven't seen a blue one every.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, how lovely! I want to wish you and yours A Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knew I'd find some special holiday decorations here, Anni. Love the idea of a mini poinsettia by your computer. I've been thinking about arranging a small bunch of evergreen clippings to put on my desk--for the fragrance mostly.

    I hope you and Bud have a great holiday, Anni and that you're surrounded by all those you love. All the best to you in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your kind thoughts during this holiday season!
    You might have noticed I haven't posted any new entries in quite a while. I'm going to shut down my blog at the end of December -- many reasons; not enough space to go into them all.
    I may re-emerge again later in the new year. When I do, I'll be sure to let you know.
    All the best to you and your family in the New Year,
    Take care, Larry in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE your crackle glass votive candle holders, how beautiful they are!! The only poinsettias I've seen around here are the traditional red ones, pink ones and peach ones...how I'd love to see those blue ones you mentioned! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're lovely!

    Just dropping by to greet you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd never heard of blue poinsettias until this year.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.